Ironton football

countywide35
SEOP

Re: Ironton football

Post by countywide35 »

laser breath wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:33 pm
countywide35 wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:49 pm
laser breath wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:51 pm

It’s illegal if family doesn’t move legitimately. Hiding it in some sort of way doesn’t make it that way either.

You don’t think a student moving from one school in the conference to another school in their senior year raises a red flag?

Just because a kid moves his senior year within a conference in 2020 NO doesn’t raise a red flag. Maybe with fans. But not the OHSAA if rules are followed. Who to blame a set of parents wanting the best for their kids and so what if playing for a state championship is the driving factor. GA get better. Get to state. So players won’t leave their senior year. Kids are allowed to leave in nowadays time. Rules are followed. It’s acceptable. Regardless the emotions involved. As Tim Tebow says. Stick with the convictions they lead you true. Convictions drive those to accomplish the mission.
Come on man. I rely on your posts for sanity. Of course it raises a red flag. Wow. Ironton still has Carrico and this will be his last year. The next carrico is probably coming around 10 years from now. Burg on their state run had one kid that played at a different high school as a sophomore. His mom is a teacher at burg. I’d bet house money that he didn’t come to try for a state football championship. Honestly I don’t think Burgfans would’ve thought they would go that far.

No no. Wasn’t a post about a burg kid or any from the river towns. This post was about a student/athlete transferring and it raising red flags. Maybe 20yrs ago. Yes. But in now a days time with open enrollment it’s not a red flag. The OHSAA has set rules for this and if a kid transfers and followed the rules doing so then there is not one thing anyone can do about it. Regardless how your emotions make you feel about it if it’s done by OHSAA rules. Then o well. It’s a done deal.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Larry Fine
JV Team

Post by Larry Fine »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:31 pm
Larry Fine wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:55 pm

It’s illegal if family doesn’t move legitimately. Hiding it in some sort of way doesn’t make it that way either.

You don’t think a student moving from one school in the conference to another school in their senior year raises a red flag?

Wheelersburg Basketball, are Truit, Sanderlin, and Swords all recruits from other schools ?
Truitt moved in from New Boston/South Webster I think summer before Freshman year, Sanderlin from West in Jr High, but Swords has lived in and attended Wheelersburg since Kindergarten.
So they were recruited , thank you

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Larry Fine wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:34 pm

Wheelersburg Basketball, are Truit, Sanderlin, and Swords all recruits from other schools ?
Truitt moved in from New Boston/South Webster I think summer before Freshman year, Sanderlin from West in Jr High, but Swords has lived in and attended Wheelersburg since Kindergarten.
Never said they were recruited. Just that the first two moved to Burg from another school. Try not to twist my words to further whatever narrative you’re going for.

Larry Fine
JV Team

Post by Larry Fine »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:07 am
Larry Fine wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:34 pm

Never said they were recruited. Just that the first two moved to Burg from another school. Try not to twist my words to further whatever narrative you’re going for.
According to Laser Breath that’s called recruitment.

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:15 pm maybe just maybe, what is going on ain't illegal lancer. where did you play that you played against them.

Truitt came Freshman year, Sanderlin came in eighth grade, and swords has been here his entire life so good attempt.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

laser breath wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:33 pm
countywide35 wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:49 pm

Just because a kid moves his senior year within a conference in 2020 NO doesn’t raise a red flag. Maybe with fans. But not the OHSAA if rules are followed. Who to blame a set of parents wanting the best for their kids and so what if playing for a state championship is the driving factor. GA get better. Get to state. So players won’t leave their senior year. Kids are allowed to leave in nowadays time. Rules are followed. It’s acceptable. Regardless the emotions involved. As Tim Tebow says. Stick with the convictions they lead you true. Convictions drive those to accomplish the mission.
Come on man. I rely on your posts for sanity. Of course it raises a red flag. Wow. Ironton still has Carrico and this will be his last year. The next carrico is probably coming around 10 years from now. Burg on their state run had one kid that played at a different high school as a sophomore. His mom is a teacher at burg. I’d bet house money that he didn’t come to try for a state football championship. Honestly I don’t think Burgfans would’ve thought they would go that far.
Get over it Laser, everything was done legally in Tigertown
I’m sure OHSAA got back with you and told you so, didn’t they?

:roll: :mrgreen: :lol:
Last edited by ohbuckeye2 on Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Why was this thread started, there’s already an Ironton thread for 2020.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Hope the rumor of the GA kid going to Ironton is just that. A rumor. Hate to see a kid leave the system and community.

BurgBaskets
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgBaskets »

Is this the Ironton Football 2021 thread? I already see a 2020 one. Big game vs. Burg coming up to open season. I'm going with 30-20 Burg if this is the 2020 season, if the 2021 season, 50-10 Burg.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Bengalguy wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:04 pm I have heard talk of a running back from galipollis coming to ironton. Anyone else heard anything about this?
Dang ya'll took this hook line and sinker didn't ya. :lol:

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

:lol: Since y'all have 2 threads open I'm closing this one. I think one is good enough :lol:

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Football”