Pandemic Sports Calendar Proposal

themilkman
Waterboy

Re: Pandemic Sports Calendar Proposal

Post by themilkman »

It's called constitutional rights man. If I choose to go out and open by business, you don't have to come. Why don't you worry about keeping yourself safe and not expect everyone else to do it for you?

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Reality!This is a new world.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Prime Time wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 3:05 pm Reality!This is a new world.
Yeah but not in which you think. A new world like this is very very dangerous. You do realize the government shut down the entire country over a virus that statistically kills less people than the flu? There’s no doubt that the virus could be potentially bad but I’ve been out and there is minimal social distancing going on. The grocery store, Lowe’s, etc. all full of people and the numbers aren’t increasing that much, not to mention it has a very high survival rate. What we need is to protect the ones who are vulnerable like Sweden. The only country that didn’t completely shut down and they are no different in percentage numbers than we are, in which I feel we’ve been lied about in the first place.

themilkman
Waterboy

Post by themilkman »

I fear for the future of our country because of brainwashed people like you.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Sadly, he is not the only one. People are walking around like zombies. Controlled by the media and government.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

themilkman wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 1:31 pm It's called constitutional rights man. If I choose to go out and open by business, you don't have to come.
The constitution doesn't say you can open a business and conduct it in a manner directly against the legal standings of an order by the Governor. At least, not without punishment.
Why don't you worry about keeping yourself safe and not expect everyone else to do it for you?
I'm an essential worker. While I'm not exactly of the mindset we need to keep everything shut down, one of the simpler issues with this "worry about yourself" mentality is there is a significant chunk of the American workforce that has to share the same spaces and interactions with those who are less inclined to take public health advice seriously as it relates to the possibility of contracting COVID-19. And these are workforces that without their health and ability to do their job, our society begins to have tangible issues.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

wobycat wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 3:16 pm
Yeah but not in which you think. A new world like this is very very dangerous. You do realize the government shut down the entire country over a virus that statistically kills less people than the flu? There’s no doubt that the virus could be potentially bad but I’ve been out and there is minimal social distancing going on. The grocery store, Lowe’s, etc. all full of people
OK, so, this really just depends on where you live. In the city of Columbus and the metropolitan area, this is not the case. There's far less people driving in Columbus, there's less people getting together and there is a massive spike in the grocery delivery industry. And the grocery stores are not packed, either - helping the matter too is the stores are specifically designed now so people aren't getting into each other's personal space. All the employees are wearing masks, there's special hours for at-risk population and first responders. It's going just fine with the social distancing up here. . Your mileage may vary, of course.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Reality. Gov.Mike DEWine and Dr Amy Acton has done a fantastic job of leading Ohio. Seen where I believe a Family Dollar store, a customer was asked to wear a mask coming into store, customer pulled gun and shot and killed the worker. Social Distance, wear a mask, stay at home. Gov Mike DEWine says stay at home until May 29 and I look for even further dates thru summer into fall.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Poo Bear wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 9:01 pm Good to see the governor opening things back up. More will open every couple of weeks. Football will resume
July 1.
Where's it say football resuming July 1?? OHSAA has the 2020 football calendar as August 1st for first coaching day.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Ignorance is alive and well. SMH

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

greygoose wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 7:15 am
Poo Bear wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 9:01 pm Good to see the governor opening things back up. More will open every couple of weeks. Football will resume
July 1.
Where's it say football resuming July 1?? OHSAA has the 2020 football calendar as August 1st for first coaching day.
I assume they mean off season conditioning could resume July 1.

Return to “Football”