Loss Of Income From Football

25p7692
Waterboy

Re: Loss Of Income From Football

Post by 25p7692 »

Football and boys basketball pay the bills. You will make money if you have a good season and doing bad years hope to break even. For some small schools you can not afford to keep football and you can not afford to get rid of it.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

25p7692 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:34 pm Football and boys basketball pay the bills. You will make money if you have a good season and doing bad years hope to break even. For some small schools you can not afford to keep football and you can not afford to get rid of it.
Property Taxes pays the bills

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

83 ! I just know how the good old boys use to roll in the city ! Most if not all are gone now ? Some of there off springs are around ! ThE county does not charge to play sports ! And they play on turf ! And you move to the city schools! Hope you don't have to pay that city tax ? That's a village.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

25p7692 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:34 pm Football and boys basketball pay the bills. You will make money if you have a good season and doing bad years hope to break even. For some small schools you can not afford to keep football and you can not afford to get rid of it.
Football and basketball don't pay any bills at any high school lol

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

It pays the athletic dept.bills at Ironton.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

artisgilmore wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:06 am It pays the athletic dept.bills at Ironton.
People not from Ironton pay the bills. Athens brings in 15 million a year in property taxes a year. Ironton brings in 3 million. 10 million of Ironton’s budget is from state grant money

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Irontons Athletic Dept. is 100% self sufficient. They get no
Money from the general fund. Been that way for years.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Geronimo wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:17 am 83 ! I just know how the good old boys use to roll in the city ! Most if not all are gone now ? Some of there off springs are around ! ThE county does not charge to play sports ! And they play on turf ! And you move to the city schools! Hope you don't have to pay that city tax ? That's a village.
Since when does river valley or South Gallia play on turf? The city schools have a lot of problems i am not saying they do not. But there is as much or way more of the good ole boy network out at river valley as there is in town at the high school. I think every small town and community has that to a extent. My wife was not from the area when we got married, but she is involved with education. She came down and visited schools talked to teachers parents and kids and made the decision.

I did not feel my county school education prepared for the world after i left the county. I think that had way more to do with the size of the schools before consolidation then the teaching or teachers. I am sure the kids at the county schools get a quality education. But my 3 kids i feel got a very good education. My oldest chose not to go to college but he is very successful in what he does. My middle child has just graduated college and my youngest daughter is a sophomore at a big ten school. They seemed very prepared for the world and their after high school life and that is really as a parent all that i can ask.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I think it all depends on the school . Like when i go to a football game and see how many people, portsmouth, marietta, south point, meigs and some of these schools have in the stands i am sure they do not make money on football.

25p7692
Waterboy

Post by 25p7692 »

Pays for the athletic bills. Depends on the school what the athletic department has to cover.

Return to “Football”