Week 1: Ironton at Burg

XandOs
Varsity

Re: Week 1: Ironton at Burg

Post by XandOs »

TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:54 pm Does IHS have any soccer players from ISJ trying out for kicker ?
[

Hearing the kicking game will be strong this fall for Ironton. QB play will be fine. This team is big upfront and physical. This will be the fastest and best team Pendleton has had since at Ironton. There’s quite a few college offer kids walking the halls of IHS right now.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

The Tigers running game this year will be phenomenal! Carrico and Carter will give get any team nightmares thinking about how to stop them and if we have a quarterback that can come close to what Salyers was, especially towards the end of last year, the Tigers will be making noise around the state coming out of the gate. Early predictions for another trip to Stark County will be made by many. Personally I believe they will start out being and finishing as the region leader and will host the number 8 team.

I also know though, Wheelersburg does not quit! I have been so impressed with Wheelersburg football program for so many years now, they have been the program that's had no equal in this area. You can jump out ahead early on and they just keep coming right at you, they will not lay down. I also believe this is a pivotal year for the Burg though. It could be the year that we see Wheelersburg continue to slide down hill. If this season is canceled, it could be the best thing that ever happened for Wheelersburg

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Burg wins it what some will call a shocker. Pirates keeping some things close to their vest.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Ironton 28
Burg 7

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:39 pm Ironton 28
Burg 7
Ok with you predicting ironton winning but give burg more points. They’ve got some really good offensive weapons this year.

Burg +1

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

kantucky wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:56 pm The Tigers running game this year will be phenomenal! Carrico and Carter will give get any team nightmares thinking about how to stop them and if we have a quarterback that can come close to what Salyers was, especially towards the end of last year, the Tigers will be making noise around the state coming out of the gate. Early predictions for another trip to Stark County will be made by many. Personally I believe they will start out being and finishing as the region leader and will host the number 8 team.

I also know though, Wheelersburg does not quit! I have been so impressed with Wheelersburg football program for so many years now, they have been the program that's had no equal in this area. You can jump out ahead early on and they just keep coming right at you, they will not lay down. I also believe this is a pivotal year for the Burg though. It could be the year that we see Wheelersburg continue to slide down hill. If this season is canceled, it could be the best thing that ever happened for Wheelersburg
Ironton could very well be the best in SE this Year. Just hope they have football.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

noreply66 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:19 am
kantucky wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:56 pm The Tigers running game this year will be phenomenal! Carrico and Carter will give get any team nightmares thinking about how to stop them and if we have a quarterback that can come close to what Salyers was, especially towards the end of last year, the Tigers will be making noise around the state coming out of the gate. Early predictions for another trip to Stark County will be made by many. Personally I believe they will start out being and finishing as the region leader and will host the number 8 team.

Ironton could very well be the best in SE this Year. Just hope they have football.
I’ve got to go with Jackson. Right now just by returning players it’s

Jackson
Ironton

Everyone else an unknown

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Ironton will be good. Carrico should be a man amongst boys at this level

But they return 16 of 22 starters, loose Salyers (D1 Safety) and Grizzle who could fly, and they are faster as a team?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Westfan wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:47 am Ironton will be good. Carrico should be a man amongst boys at this level

But they return 16 of 22 starters, loose Salyers (D1 Safety) and Grizzle who could fly, and they are faster as a team?
Overall team speed doesn’t necessarily make your team great. Burg had four regional track guys in skilled positions last year. And I don’t think their state team was overall that fast compared to some of their others. I think I’d take line play and run defense over team speed. Jackson and ironton were great in those two things last year.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Westfan wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:47 am Ironton will be good. Carrico should be a man amongst boys at this level

The soph. Class has 3 kids who can flat fly. Trevor Carter may be fastest kid in SEO. I think people will be very surprised in how much talent Ironton has in 2020. They return 2 starters on DL
Both all state caliber players and offer kids. A 6’3 230 lb. DE in Ashton Duncan who only played one way last year but would have dominated on defensive side. They have the best LB core maybe in the state and they all return. They return 2 of 4 DBs and Carter will replace Salyers. As good as Salyers was, Carter is the better athlete at this stage and has 5 power 5 offers.

They return 4 or the 5 OL, entire starting receiving core, lose Fosson at FB but have many 220lb. Kids waiting and have to replace Salyers at QB but have a lot of talent waiting to
Step in. This is Irontons best team in a long time.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

A buddy of mine from Jackson said Jackson has to replace entire Offensive Line and don’t have much size up front in the program. The key to both Jackson and Ironton is line play. Both will be excellent on Defense and skilled positions on both sides. It all comes down to line play. Ironton will be big and athletic. They will average around 250-260 across the front and can move. Let’s hope they get to play.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Ironton 42
Burg 24

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

A guy I talked to from Jackson says their linemen haven't grown much after their Freshmen year. They were big for 9th graders but haven't put a lot of height on. I have over the years seen small lines give Logan problems and this was before the down years.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:36 am Ironton 42
Burg 24
I can’t see Ironton giving up 24 pts. The most they gave up last year on starters was 17 in State Championship game. I’m gonna go with 42-13Fighting Tigers

The Regulator
Riding the Bench

Post by The Regulator »

Ironton 42-7. Burg won't have the size to stop the run. I think Ironton's strength will be hard for Burg to handle as well. The strength training at Ironton is next level now and it shows when you see these kids.

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

Saw both teams last year and Ironton just seems to be on another level right now. Burg is a storied program and this is going to be fun to watch over the next few years.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

The Regulator wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:34 am Ironton 42-7. Burg won't have the size to stop the run. I think Ironton's strength will be hard for Burg to handle as well. The strength training at Ironton is next level now and it shows when you see these kids.
This will not be a blowout. Burg's weight program is great. The good teams have good weight programs. I know burg will hang athletically with their skilled kids against anyone. They have a big line this year but until they put on the pads and go at it, you just don't know. Hopefully, they can have a few scrimmages, so I can give a better assessment.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

wobycat wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:18 am Ok with you predicting ironton winning but give burg more points. They’ve got some really good offensive weapons this year.

Burg +1
Burg should have a decent season since they are in SEO but Ironton is playing for a state title. Burg is not. I don’t think anyone in the area is on Ironton’s level

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:28 pm
wobycat wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:18 am Ok with you predicting ironton winning but give burg more points. They’ve got some really good offensive weapons this year.

Burg +1
Burg should have a decent season since they are in SEO but Ironton is playing for a state title. Burg is not. I don’t think anyone in the area is on Ironton’s level
No doubt Ironton should be one of the favorites but Burg is going to match them with skilled kids. I am hopeful that Burg's line will be better, they have the kids in place, but only one started last year, so I can't 100 percent give an accurate assessment. Another thing that Burg must match Ironton is the interior run defense, Ironton did lose a couple of kids on that line but the others are in place. They should be really good there and Burg will have to try to match it. I wish the stadium could be full for this one, because this one is going to be close.

The Regulator
Riding the Bench

Post by The Regulator »

wobycat wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:44 am
The Regulator wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:34 am Ironton 42-7. Burg won't have the size to stop the run. I think Ironton's strength will be hard for Burg to handle as well. The strength training at Ironton is next level now and it shows when you see these kids.
This will not be a blowout. Burg's weight program is great. The good teams have good weight programs. I know burg will hang athletically with their skilled kids against anyone. They have a big line this year but until they put on the pads and go at it, you just don't know. Hopefully, they can have a few scrimmages, so I can give a better assessment.
I hope it will be a closer game you just never know. I heard some of the kids in my area this weekend talking and they said Burg dismissed a kid that played some QB last year. Anything to that or just kids talking.

Return to “Football”