2020 Fort Frye 27 @ Warren 20

Ff3233
All Conference

Re: WK 2: Fort Frye (1-0) @ Warren (1-0)

Post by Ff3233 »

beg003 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:23 am
EasternDspy wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:01 am If Fort Frye doesn’t turn it over and give Warren short fields they’ll win. Cadet players also need to stay on the field.
If FF stays in a base 4-4 cover 3, they’d better pray they get pressure. Meigs tried it last year and we threw for almost 500. You guys are better than they were but you’ll still get picked apart. And, our defense is better than you think.
If warren goes to 4 or 5 wide sets, ff will definitely move out of base package. More than likely go 2 deep safeties and try not to give up big plays. Hard to throw the ball when your defense is on the field. So look for ff to control the ball on offense and limit warren possessions. And comparing our players or scheme to meigs is laughable. Meigs was awful last year much like marietta this year. Can the spread hurt ff? Absolutely. But man for man, it will take a monumental effort for warren to win this game. Can they win, for sure. Will they, highly doubtful.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

beg003 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:23 am
EasternDspy wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:01 am If Fort Frye doesn’t turn it over and give Warren short fields they’ll win. Cadet players also need to stay on the field.
If FF stays in a base 4-4 cover 3, they’d better pray they get pressure. Meigs tried it last year and we threw for almost 500. You guys are better than they were but you’ll still get picked apart. And, our defense is better than you think.
Yes. If Fort Frye plays run defense against a spread offense, I'd bet they won't win. Do you think they would do that?

Warriors321
Freshman Team

Post by Warriors321 »

Ff3233 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:38 am Warren has some solid players, but if the cadets contain gandee it should be a 2 to 3 td victory for ff. Ff has more weapons, more physical up front, and the better defense. They struggled vs waterford, too many penalties and a costly turnover. But they will out man warren and marietta is/was downright bad. Good luck to both but my prediction is 28-7 or 35-14 fort frye
I didnt know waterford was amazing this year. Marietta would beat waterford say what you want but they would. Ive also heard fort frye wasnt going to be challenged until week 6 or later but that wasnt the case. Im expecting a good game. good luck to both schools.

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

Interesting game! Would love to see this one live. Such a contrast in styles. If Warren can play well early and withstand FF physical play I think they call pull the upset - just a gut feeling.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Warriors321 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:00 pm
Ff3233 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:38 am Warren has some solid players, but if the cadets contain gandee it should be a 2 to 3 td victory for ff. Ff has more weapons, more physical up front, and the better defense. They struggled vs waterford, too many penalties and a costly turnover. But they will out man warren and marietta is/was downright bad. Good luck to both but my prediction is 28-7 or 35-14 fort frye
I didnt know waterford was amazing this year. Marietta would beat waterford say what you want but they would. Ive also heard fort frye wasnt going to be challenged until week 6 or later but that wasnt the case. Im expecting a good game. good luck to both schools.
Waterford has made the playoffs multiple times in recent years. If marietta had any type of decent program they'd play the small schools in Washington county, instead they travel across the river to wv to get beat by worse teams. It'll be interesting to see if warren will keep us on the schedule after this year, since covid is the only reason they're playing ff. It's nice for warren to have a decent team this year and maybe it'll be a decent game. Ff should win, better players and better program.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Ff3233 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:47 pm
Waterford has made the playoffs multiple times in recent years. If marietta had any type of decent program they'd play the small schools in Washington county, instead they travel across the river to wv to get beat by worse teams. It'll be interesting to see if warren will keep us on the schedule after this year, since covid is the only reason they're playing ff. It's nice for warren to have a decent team this year and maybe it'll be a decent game. Ff should win, better players and better program.
You guys have a good program and a great coach but to think that Warren’s players are intimidated by that is just wrong. To think you are going to show up Friday and win like you did in 2017 is just asinine. Our best guys are just as good as yours and that’s a fact. The team and program you saw then isn’t in the same zip code as the team and program now. So pump the brakes on the “it might be a decent game.”

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

beg003 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:57 pm
You guys have a good program and a great coach but to think that Warren’s players are intimidated by that is just wrong. To think you are going to show up Friday and win like you did in 2017 is just asinine. Our best guys are just as good as yours and that’s a fact. The team and program you saw then isn’t in the same zip code as the team and program now. So pump the brakes on the “it might be a decent game.”
We have a great program. No where has anyone said warren will be intimidated. Nor had anyone brought up the 2017 game which would be stupid. Very few if any players are left from that game. All i have said is we have better players as a whole, which i think is true. Yes gandee is a very good player, but we have multiple threats at each skill position. That doesn't even include probably the best player on the field who is dylan hart. You were the one that compared marietta to Waterford and who is getting offended by the obvious. Ff should win, is it a guarantee? Of course not, but ff is the better team. And i said it may be a decent game, but i think ff wins by 3 scores.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Ff3233 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:38 pm
beg003 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:57 pm

We have a great program. No where has anyone said warren will be intimidated. Nor had anyone brought up the 2017 game which would be stupid. Very few if any players are left from that game. All i have said is we have better players as a whole, which i think is true. Yes gandee is a very good player, but we have multiple threats at each skill position. That doesn't even include probably the best player on the field who is dylan hart. You were the one that compared marietta to Waterford and who is getting offended by the obvious. Ff should win, is it a guarantee? Of course not, but ff is the better team. And i said it may be a decent game, but i think ff wins by 3 scores.
The seniors now were freshmen then, and several started. Also, I never compared Marietta to Waterford. That was someone else. And yes, you guys would be the favorites on paper. But, if you didn’t beat Waterford by 3 touchdowns you probably won’t beat us by 3 scores. If you do, I’ll be the first to admit I was wrong.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Apologies to beg003, i mistook someone elses statement for you. We only have ourself to blame for not winning by more. 6 holding penalties (1 on the 6 inch line of Waterford), 2 dropped td passes, and a turnover in their end. Game wasn't as close as the score indicates. I could be wrong as well as to the outcome of this game. If Warren wins or keeps it close, i will be also the first to admit i was wrong

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Ff3233 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:11 pm Apologies to beg003, i mistook someone elses statement for you. We only have ourself to blame for not winning by more. 6 holding penalties (1 on the 6 inch line of Waterford), 2 dropped td passes, and a turnover in their end. Game wasn't as close as the score indicates. I could be wrong as well as to the outcome of this game. If Warren wins or keeps it close, i will be also the first to admit i was wrong
We’re in the same boat. We should have won by more as well, for the same reasons you listed. Hopefully both teams play their best Friday and we get a true look at how good both teams really are. Good luck to you all Friday.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

beg003 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:13 pm
Ff3233 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:11 pm Apologies to beg003, i mistook someone elses statement for you. We only have ourself to blame for not winning by more. 6 holding penalties (1 on the 6 inch line of Waterford), 2 dropped td passes, and a turnover in their end. Game wasn't as close as the score indicates. I could be wrong as well as to the outcome of this game. If Warren wins or keeps it close, i will be also the first to admit i was wrong
We’re in the same boat. We should have won by more as well, for the same reasons you listed. Hopefully both teams play their best Friday and we get a true look at how good both teams really are. Good luck to you all Friday.
You too. That's the good thing about the discussion, this game actually will be played. Just hope both teams come out with no injuries

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Ff3233 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:25 pm
beg003 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:13 pm
You too. That's the good thing about the discussion, this game actually will be played. Just hope both teams come out with no injuries
Agreed. Too many good players to see one get hurt.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Marietta is played terrible they gave Warren short fields all night. I’ll be first to say it Waterford defense is the real deal and they still allowed 371 yards. Y’all nuts if you think last week game has any relevance to this week. Last year Fort had a down week vs Belpre week 1.Week 2 came out and scored 69 on Nelsonville. Coach Huck is the best at making adjustments. His teams always gradually get better throughout the season.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Everyone's improvement between weeks 1 and 2 will be measurable.

Last season, some teams did move the ball through the air against Fort Frye. Warren always has athletes, and if they're getting good at football, I see this being within 10 points. I'd like to think that Fort Frye will be able to execute deeper into the playbook than The Warriors.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I was so impressed with Ian Ellis last week he was excellent. If not for a few drops he would if had a great game.

Fields3
Waterboy

Post by Fields3 »

Fort gets it going this week! Fort bigger than most think

rockcoach
Freshman Team

Post by rockcoach »

I would agree with you Warren has improved. But Fort is an established successful program. Should be a good game and Fort should come out on top handily! Warrens success last year was good but put it in perspective. Their wins to Crooksville (division 6 3-7 record), Meigs (division 5 2-8 record), Union Local (division 4 0-10 record), Barnesville (division 5 5-5 record), Belpre (division 6 5-5 record) and Alexander (division 5 4-6 record. Warren I believe was a Division 3 school year. Great teams to play to get some wins. Now we will see what happens this year. Marietta is not very good and will struggle this season.Might struggle to win one or two games. IMO

96Champ
Riding the Bench

Post by 96Champ »

Don't count Warren out. These Seniors are hungry. From what I've heard they are tired getting disrespected.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Ugly, early, often. FF in a route.

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Warriorfan08
Waterboy

Post by Warriorfan08 »

Don't have any predictions on the score, but I think the key will be Fort 's defense switching from a base 4-4, to playing a sub package, Dime package to counter Warren's 4 and 5 wide sets. I think the key will be Warren's ability to spread FF out and run the ball, which is an under appreciated facet of the spread. Easier to run spead out vs. Dime, than a base 4-4. If Warren dominates on the ground think they will win.

Return to “Football”