2020 Gallia Academy 47 - 6 Rock Hill

Beergogglebluez
SE

Re: WK3 Gallia Academy - Rock Hill

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I read ironton is not a good fit for the ovc what about Gallia they are division 4. They seem to run the table or beat on ovc schools but lose first round every year of the playoffs. No disrespect to the blue devils but maybe play up and move to a different conference. Playing D6 schools and D5s that are almost 6s don’t help. Maybe there’s no way to change conferences? They have some really good kids. Armstrong is a monster.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
RIVERRAT304
Waterboy

Post by RIVERRAT304 »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:28 pm
82nd wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:18 pm
RIVERRAT304 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:46 pm

Cant agree more. Big time players, make big time plays, in big time games. Our top players have not shown up over the years in these type of games. Your best player on defense is a freshmen in Cole Hines, that's a shame when you have 15 seniors on this team. The season is over, start building for the next few years with your freshmen, sophomore and junior classes.
RR 304 those freshman are special
How were those freshmen in Jr. High ball?
30-2 over the last 3 seasons.

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:38 pm I read ironton is not a good fit for the ovc what about Gallia they are division 4. They seem to run the table or beat on ovc schools but lose first round every year of the playoffs. No disrespect to the blue devils but maybe play up and move to a different conference. Playing D6 schools and D5s that are almost 6s don’t help. Maybe there’s no way to change conferences? They have some really good kids. Armstrong is a monster.
gallia, jackson, ironton, portsmouth, wheelersburg and fairland should all be in the same conference. competition would make all
of those schools better.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:38 pm I read ironton is not a good fit for the ovc what about Gallia they are division 4. They seem to run the table or beat on ovc schools but lose first round every year of the playoffs. No disrespect to the blue devils but maybe play up and move to a different conference. Playing D6 schools and D5s that are almost 6s don’t help. Maybe there’s no way to change conferences? They have some really good kids. Armstrong is a monster.
GA last year and this year had/have very good teams and could've won the OVC or old SEOAL any of the last ten years

Ironton, however, was and is elite. Generational talents all over the field. They could've won a state title in any of the last 5-10 years with that level of talent.

Gallia is very very good. Ironton is just that much better right now. Not much else to it.

To your point though, I'd love to see Jackson, GA, Ironton, maybe Logan, Chilli, and Athens all join a league. Maybe throw in Burg or Waverly

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

I have a different opinion about this year's team, not saying other posters are wrong, I respect everyone... I believe we have a descent team, but not that great.. I don't care how good ironton is we shouldnt get blowed out by 50 pts two years in a row and then get blower out in our playoff game last year... I have followed gallia for approx 40 some years and wouldn't even put this team in the top 10.. The remaining schedule is weak and we should cruise through it without a close game. 5-1 should get us a top seed in tournament and maybe a couple wins...

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Superblue I got a few years followed myself. ! I can't put them in the top 10 NO way!

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Been kind of off topic. Over the last 4 years we have split with rock Hill.. On paper we are a heavy favorite, if we don't come to play maybe there could be an upset.... I doubt it, gallia by 40..

NoPain23
Freshman Team

Post by NoPain23 »

Geronimo wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:26 am
superblue wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:18 am Not that hard to understand gallia... Everyone says they have plenty of talent, some believe we have 4-6 players getting D-1 looks.. My question would be where are these players come game time? The talent needs to step up, yes ironton is the class of southern Ohio, but if gallia is really that talented we shouldn't be getting our butts whipped by 50 pts or so... Gallia will run the table and fans will be happy..... May even win a few tournament games..
That's what I don't understand. ??? Where are they at game time ???
Cant agree more. Big time players, make big time plays, in big time games. Our top players have not shown up over the years in these type of games. Your best player on defense is a freshmen in Cole Hines, that's a shame when you have 15 seniors on this team. The season is over, start building for the next few years with your freshmen, sophomore and junior classes.
Don’t really think you know what you’re talking about... Hines is good but by far from the best defensive players on the teams. GA isn’t great defensively but they have good players. How’s the season over? The boys still have plenty to play for. Playoffs are important too. Maybe RV should give up on the year but Gallia shouldn’t.

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

NoPain23 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:44 pm
Geronimo wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:26 am
That's what I don't understand. ??? Where are they at game time ???
Don’t really think you know what you’re talking about... Hines is good but by far from the best defensive players on the teams. GA isn’t great defensively but they have good players. How’s the season over? The boys still have plenty to play for. Playoffs are important too. Maybe RV should give up on the year but Gallia shouldn’t.
Don't be bashing on RV, that's just being ugly. These boys play hard, I just wish the coaches would make the changes we see from the stands, to make the team better.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Good Luck GA !

NoPain23
Freshman Team

Post by NoPain23 »

Rvfan wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:50 pm
NoPain23 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:44 pm

Don't be bashing on RV, that's just being ugly. These boys play hard, I just wish the coaches would make the changes we see from the stands, to make the team better.
If you’re talking about GA coaches I agree, if you’re talking about RV coaches I agree.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

With all due respect,if Gallia has 4 or 5 D1 players I’m Tom Selleck or Ironton could beat the Bengals. :)

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Gallia by a bunch. Somehow we have to use the rest of the season to get our best 11 players on the field together on both sides of the ball as much as possible to prepare for the playoffs. Also need to find our offensive strengths against good competition. Its def not a one back set with no presnap disguise to our intentions. That puts the kids at a huge disadvantage

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

They should not participate in the playoffs.They will get blowed out again.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

artisgilmore wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:32 am They should not participate in the playoffs.They will get blowed out again.
Depends on their draw. If they get a Licking Valley or Waverly type team, then yeah, we're looking at a running clock to start the 2nd half. Who knows. They might get a favorable draw, if enough teams in the region opt in. If not, I'd like to see them at least play a full schedule.

THEbuckeyes
Freshman Team

Post by THEbuckeyes »

Top 10 Gallia team all time not a chance but a solid team who should win out. 10 D1 prospects? We all know the one tackle who is a SR has over 10 D1 offers on the table so that is one. The running back has to get his testing in order I think he will get 1-2 offers somewhere. the other tackle will get an offer when time come I think he is a Soph 6'7" 315. Also the freshman class has about 4 kids that has good upside I think the kid playing wide out will prob not end up at wide out but does have huge upside. So maybe 4 kids have D1 futures I may be off there are some hard working kids if things fall in to place may get some offers in the future but those 4 have the best chance in my opinion. As far as tonight I think Gallia by 30+

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

THEbuckeyes wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:47 am Top 10 Gallia team all time not a chance but a solid team who should win out. 10 D1 prospects? We all know the one tackle who is a SR has over 10 D1 offers on the table so that is one. The running back has to get his testing in order I think he will get 1-2 offers somewhere. the other tackle will get an offer when time come I think he is a Soph 6'7" 315. Also the freshman class has about 4 kids that has good upside I think the kid playing wide out will prob not end up at wide out but does have huge upside. So maybe 4 kids have D1 futures I may be off there are some hard working kids if things fall in to place may get some offers in the future but those 4 have the best chance in my opinion. As far as tonight I think Gallia by 30+
Which kid at wideout the freshman?

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
RIVERRAT304
Waterboy

Post by RIVERRAT304 »

MrFirstTake wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:52 am
THEbuckeyes wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:47 am Top 10 Gallia team all time not a chance but a solid team who should win out. 10 D1 prospects? We all know the one tackle who is a SR has over 10 D1 offers on the table so that is one. The running back has to get his testing in order I think he will get 1-2 offers somewhere. the other tackle will get an offer when time come I think he is a Soph 6'7" 315. Also the freshman class has about 4 kids that has good upside I think the kid playing wide out will prob not end up at wide out but does have huge upside. So maybe 4 kids have D1 futures I may be off there are some hard working kids if things fall in to place may get some offers in the future but those 4 have the best chance in my opinion. As far as tonight I think Gallia by 30+
Which kid at wideout the freshman?

Kenyon Franklin at wideout #9

Dakota Siders/Center Freshmen
Cole Hines/Linebacker Freshmen
Kenyon Franklin/Wideout Freshmen
Hunter Shamblin/Tailback Freshmen
Hudson Shamblin/Quarterback Freshmen

All 5 of these kids if they continue to grow and are put in the right scheme will see D1 offers in the future.

REDMEN95
JV Team

Post by REDMEN95 »

Good Luck REDMEN!

Tommy Chong
Freshman Team

Post by Tommy Chong »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:46 am
GA last year and this year had/have very good teams and could've won the OVC or old SEOAL any of the last ten years

Ironton, however, was and is elite. Generational talents all over the field. They could've won a state title in any of the last 5-10 years with that level of talent.

Gallia is very very good. Ironton is just that much better right now. Not much else to it.

To your point though, I'd love to see Jackson, GA, Ironton, maybe Logan, Chilli, and Athens all join a league. Maybe throw in Burg or Waverly
Wait , you think Gallia would’ve beaten Jackson last year and this year ?

Return to “Football”