2020 Nelsonville-York 36 - 6 Athens

Ground Buck
All Conference

Re: Athens (2-2) @ Nelsonville-York (3-2) Non TVC Championship Edition

Post by Ground Buck »

93Bulldog wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:15 pm
ACCBiggz wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:40 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:20 pmPer league rules: all teams must play each other.
You're not wrong on that... however, 2020 is a complete wild card. Did the conference give official word that is still the case or will they bypass it for the year and still allow whoever is in 1st to claim the title? Not that it actually matters.
It has not been brought up in any league meetings yet, from what I've been told by someone who would know. So as of right not, unless it is - and voted on - you won't have a league champion in 2020. Unless of course teams can figure a way to work it out where they play. The big question mark would be Wellston vs Athens. You can't claim a TVC-Ohio championship in football without playing Athens and or Nelsonville-York, just from a moral standpoint. lol
Word on the street is if NY beats Athens they're going to get a game set with Alex so they can claim the TVC title. More paint on the wall is what it's all about, people. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ground Buck wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:27 pm
ACCBiggz wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:40 pm

You're not wrong on that... however, 2020 is a complete wild card. Did the conference give official word that is still the case or will they bypass it for the year and still allow whoever is in 1st to claim the title? Not that it actually matters.
It has not been brought up in any league meetings yet, from what I've been told by someone who would know. So as of right not, unless it is - and voted on - you won't have a league champion in 2020. Unless of course teams can figure a way to work it out where they play. The big question mark would be Wellston vs Athens. You can't claim a TVC-Ohio championship in football without playing Athens and or Nelsonville-York, just from a moral standpoint. lol
Word on the street is if NY beats Athens they're going to get a game set with Alex so they can claim the TVC title. More paint on the wall is what it's all about, people. :mrgreen:
You'd still need Athens to beat Wellston. They are undefeated in the Ohio. NY has 1 loss.

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

93Bulldog wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:23 pm

You'd still need Athens to beat Wellston. They are undefeated in the Ohio. NY has 1 loss.
It's apparent that Wellston isn't going to play Athens, so they're not in contention for the championship per the league rule you quoted. So, after we beat Athens tonight all we would need to do is get Alex on the schedule and beat them to win the championship. Our biggest issue is, we have a pretty easy route to the regional final. Of course we'd love a long playoff run, but that would keep us from playing Alex.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Game day! Hopefully both teams have an injury free game

Go Bucks!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I'm pretty sure everyone has to complete their league season - or at least everyone in contention.

Two or three years ago we had all sorts of Hocking baseball teams scrambling after the tournament to try and play so we could have an official season and official league champion.

With that being said, I'd love to see NY and or Athens claim at least a share of the title and keep our streak in tact. Athens County teams have won every TVC-Oho title since Athens joined in 08 (12 years running).

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

NY Tomcat wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:30 am

It's apparent that Wellston isn't going to play Athens, so they're not in contention for the championship per the league rule you quoted. So, after we beat Athens tonight all we would need to do is get Alex on the schedule and beat them to win the championship. Our biggest issue is, we have a pretty easy route to the regional final. Of course we'd love a long playoff run, but that would keep us from playing Alex.
You won’t get past Fairland. 🙄

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I got a a text from an AD who said the following:

"Every school is supposed to complete the revised 2020 schedule to crown a champion unless the board of control decides otherwise."

So basically NY does not have to play Alexander but Athens must play Wellston.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Fairland and Centerburg won’t be easy by any means, nor will Athens be tonight. NY needs to take it one game at a time.

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

93Bulldog wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:46 am I got a a text from an AD who said the following:

"Every school is supposed to complete the revised 2020 schedule to crown a champion unless the board of control decides otherwise."

Didn't the Hocking crown a champion a few years ago when Federal Hocking decided not to play everyone?

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

NY BUCK wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:48 am

Fairland and Centerburg won’t be easy by any means, nor will Athens be tonight. NY needs to take it one game at a time.
I'll give you that Centerburg is pretty good but not impressed with Fairland.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

NY Tomcat wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:54 am

I just know it will be at Fairland and thats enough to worry me with the stories I heard about that place lol

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

NY BUCK wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:57 am
NY Tomcat wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:54 am

I just know it will be at Fairland and thats enough to worry me with the stories I heard about that place lol
True dat. :mrgreen:

Trevorstephens22
JV Team

Post by Trevorstephens22 »

NY Tomcat wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:53 am
93Bulldog wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:46 am I got a text from an AD who said the following:

Didn't the Hocking crown a champion a few years ago when Federal Hocking decided not to play everyone?
I don't know much about your situation, but a year or two ago, Trimble volleyball had to forfeit the entire back half of their TVC schedule and withdraw from the ohsaa tournament due to not having enough healthy players. Each team got a 3-0 forfeit win for league standings and it was only added on the night they were supposed to play Trimble. I would suggest the Fed Hock had to forfeit those games as well.

BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Post by BeastOfTheSoutheast »

I’ll take the Bucks in this one!!
NY - 36
Dogs - 28

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:30 am I’ll take the Bucks in this one!!
NY - 36
Dogs - 28
We'll take that. :mrgreen:

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I hope NY gets to play Alexander before the season ends. They have played every year since 1972 - 48 years. NY leads the series 45-2-1.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

It feels like early November instead of early October with NY playing Athens. Week 6 is the new Week 10.

Go Bucks!

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Nelsonville-York 14
Athens 0
Half

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »