D5 R19 Finals - Ridgewood 7 Ironton 17

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: D5 R19 Finals - Ridgewood (9-0) @ Ironton (9-0)

Post by wobycat »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:31 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:22 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:03 pm I hadn’t kept up with Prep but I’m fairly certain that had roles been reversed last night, Ironton would have beaten Burg by more than a score of 13-10 and I’m not so sure that Wood would have beaten Prep
I keep laughing at these posts. Ridgewood is better than prep. Way better defensively for sure. The offense now is going to look different with tingle out but you wonder why tingle was so good? His line is good and their skilled kids are good too.

You could tell right away when tingle went out, the playbook went out the window for the general coaches which slowed them down. In the second half, when it got tight, they took a chance on their back up making a play and he did. Tingle came back in and made a great play too.

ridgewood isn’t great because of solely because of tingle, it’s because they are great defensively. When you’re that good defensively, you can open up your playbook.

I think ironton can win but this will be another battle. What will help ironton is they can stop the run really well which ridgewood is gonna have to become creative and have to scheme around tingles absence. The other thing that hurts ridgewood is their kicking game. It’s not good at all, ironton will work with good field position.

I’ll take ironton 17-14, but it won’t be easy for the tigers
Laugh away. Your laughter is still not going to sell me on Wood. I’m very familiar with Wood but I wasn’t Prep. Maybe Prep played a 1 in 100 game that they usually don’t play. Idk but based on last nights performance, Prep definitely looked like the better team. That may be up for debate but Ironton would have definitely beat Burg by more than a score of 13-10
Sounds good. Just don’t agree at all with you. Wood is legit even without tingle.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

I will say this, I will be watching it muted this week. Those mytown guys have a hard on for Carrico and it should never be about just one player. We are referred to as “The Kirtland Hornets” not “Sullivan and the Hornets.” All I heard was “Carrico and the Tigers.” He could gain one yard and it was “Oh I thought he was going to break one” every time he touched the ball lol. That was my only bone to pick at. Other than that great game played by THE IRONTON TIGERS

6O HORN3TS 🐝
DaWoodSoldier
Riding the Bench

Post by DaWoodSoldier »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:03 pm I hadn’t kept up with Prep but I’m fairly certain that had roles been reversed last night, Ironton would have beaten Burg by more than a score of 13-10 and I’m not so sure that Wood would have beaten Prep
I keep laughing at these posts. Ridgewood is better than prep. Way better defensively for sure. The offense now is going to look different with tingle out but you wonder why tingle was so good? His line is good and their skilled kids are good too.

You could tell right away when tingle went out, the playbook went out the window for the general coaches which slowed them down. In the second half, when it got tight, they took a chance on their back up making a play and he did. Tingle came back in and made a great play too.

ridgewood isn’t great because of solely because of tingle, it’s because they are great defensively. When you’re that good defensively, you can open up your playbook.

I think ironton can win but this will be another battle. What will help ironton is they can stop the run really well which ridgewood is gonna have to become creative and have to scheme around tingles absence. The other thing that hurts ridgewood is their kicking game. It’s not good at all, ironton will work with good field position.

Laugh away. Your laughter is still not going to sell me on Wood. I’m very familiar with Wood but I wasn’t Prep. Maybe Prep played a 1 in 100 game that they usually don’t play. Idk but based on last nights performance, Prep definitely looked like the better team. That may be up for debate but Ironton would have definitely beat Burg by more than a score of 13-10
Ironton is team to beat in this region, everyone knows that. Possibly best team in D5, But let me ask you this Mr all knowing of high school football, would Ironton have beat Prep without Carico last night? Could they beat your beloved Hornets without him? I honestly do not know, I didn’t watch it. But your theory about Wood winning 13-10 without Tingle seems to lack logic. If you are familiar with the Wood as you claim, you would know what Tingle brings to their team.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

They can be great defensively but in the 2nd half it started to show as they were on the field way too much because the offense could not generate anything with Tingle out. The first half they held Burg to what, 12 yd. rushing ? Defense wins games but It's asking way too much when you can't get off the field because your experienced leader is sidelined. *Ironton 31 - Wood 14*

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:05 pm

They can be great defensively but in the 2nd half it started to show as they were on the field way too much because the offense could not generate anything with Tingle out. The first half they held Burg to what, 12 yd. rushing ? Defense wins games but It's asking way too much when you can't get off the field because your experienced leader is sidelined. *Ironton 31 - Wood 14*
No way wood gives up 31. Lol. Absolutely no way.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

DaWoodSoldier wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:03 pm

Ironton is team to beat in this region, everyone knows that. Possibly best team in D5, But let me ask you this Mr all knowing of high school football, would Ironton have beat Prep without Carico last night? Could they beat your beloved Hornets without him? I honestly do not know, I didn’t watch it. But your theory about Wood winning 13-10 without Tingle seems to lack logic. If you are familiar with the Wood as you claim, you would know what Tingle brings to their team.
From what I understand, they weren’t without him the whole game. As far as beating my beloved Hornets go, he was non existent last year. What did he have? Little over 30 yards. No knock on Ironton. It’s what we do. And beating prep without him is sure a possibility

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:11 pm
FANOSPORTS wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:05 pm

No way wood gives up 31. Lol. Absolutely no way.
I think you got a little too much confidence in Wood. Ironton beat them last year 24-14. I got this one 28-14. 31 is not out of possibility

6O HORN3TS 🐝
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:17 pm

From what I understand, they weren’t without him the whole game. As far as beating my beloved Hornets go, he was non existent last year. What did he have? Little over 30 yards. No knock on Ironton. It’s what we do. And beating prep without him is sure a possibility
He got hurt the fourth play of the game.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:31 pm

And was out the entire game? I read different. From what I read Pirates had 3 int’s which ultimately sealed the deal

6O HORN3TS 🐝
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:40 pm

And was out the entire game? I read different. From what I read Pirates had 3 int’s which ultimately sealed the deal
You can see on the Facebook stream he hurt it on a routine play. He comes up complaining about it. The next play after that like play four is when he got stuffed and tackled pretty hard. He was out the entire first half. He may have came back for one play in the first half but he handed it off. He came in the second half for a couple of series but you could tell he wasn’t able to play.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:53 pm

You can see on the Facebook stream he hurt it on a routine play. He comes up complaining about it. The next play after that like play four is when he got stuffed and tackled pretty hard. He was out the entire first half. He may have came back for one play in the first half but he handed it off. He came in the second half for a couple of series but you could tell he wasn’t able to play.
Hope he gets better and back to 100% by this weekend. Hate to see kids get hurt and teams not 100% but even if they are, Ironton still wins this game

6O HORN3TS 🐝
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:56 pm

Hope he gets better and back to 100% by this weekend. Hate to see kids get hurt and teams not 100% but even if they are, Ironton still wins this game
I think his season is over, He's really, really good and it will hurt ridgewood, but the back up was serviceable and a decent athlete. They will be better prepared offensively with a weeks preparation. Wood's running backs are fast, and their line is pretty good. They will miss tingle but I still believe they are better than prep. I'm going with Ironton but it won't be easy.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:08 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:56 pm

I think his season is over, He's really, really good and it will hurt ridgewood, but the back up was serviceable and a decent athlete. They will be better prepared offensively with a weeks preparation. Wood's running backs are fast, and their line is pretty good. They will miss tingle but I still believe they are better than prep. I'm going with Ironton but it won't be easy.
I went back and checked Prep out. Yes I would agree with that assumption all season but last night prep did look better. Maybe prep played the game of their lives, maybe it was because tingle was out. I still believe had the 2 played last night, and each teams circumstances and playing the same, Prep would have won

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

I think the Fighting Tigers continue on their way.. I say they win by a TD or Two.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

The Ironton/Prep game was one of the more physical games I have watched this year but that is good for teams moving forward. When you get in battles like that and find a way to win, it does something to you. When you find yourself in that position later on, it takes all of the pressure off of you. You kind of reflect back and think hey, we have been here before and won and we can do it again. It’s a huge confidence boost. There is no panic. Burg a few years ago had to come back 3 different games out of the 5 to win and I honestly think that helped them out along the way.

6O HORN3TS 🐝
caliron
Waterboy

Post by caliron »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:17 pm From what I understand, they weren’t without him the whole game. As far as beating my beloved Hornets go, he was non existent last year. What did he have? Little over 30 yards. No knock on Ironton. It’s what we do. And beating prep without him is sure a possibility
You keep saying that but what impact did Carrico have while playing defense in last years title game??

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

The oline was getting beat up front last year against Kirtland its hard to beat run the ball against good teams when your losing the battle up front

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I’d like to know why the injury was to tingle. I watched the stream and looked like he was holding his collarbone possibly. I hope he is healthy to play. He came back in during wing formations, and throw maybe 2 passes the 2nd half. The backup did a nice job but timing was off but he probably didn’t expect to play last night and was a bit nervous.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

caliron wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:45 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:17 pm From what I understand, they weren’t without him the whole game. As far as beating my beloved Hornets go, he was non existent last year. What did he have? Little over 30 yards. No knock on Ironton. It’s what we do. And beating prep without him is sure a possibility
You keep saying that but what impact did Carrico have while playing defense in last years title game??
Well I’m sure he had some impact there as we were slowed to 17. That wasn’t a “dig” at Ironton. It’s what we are good at and many other teams best players have been pretty much non existent as well. He is obviously a great player. I wish they were referred to as The Ironton Tigers more as opposed to “Carrico and the Tigers” but that’s just my opinion

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

I'm not taking anything away from wood. they are a hell of a team and they will give ironton all they want. IMO turnovers is what killed burg last night that's for sure but they were moving the ball and had they not thrown that pick with under a minute they would have won the game and we would be lookin at our wk one game that everyone didn't get to see due to covid.

my only question is to some of the people from wood who said we didn't have a chance that we was gonna get destroyed. how does that crow taste?

IMO this game is gonna come down to turnovers and who wants it more. the wood is out for revenge of last yr and i wouldn't be surprised if they get it. hopefully the weather is good and the fans who get to attend see a good clean game

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best

Return to “Football”