Freshman Team

Re: Ironton vs Kirtland State Championship

Post by Enforcer »

Good luck Ironton

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Best wishes to both teams but hoping for an ironton win.

Me thinks if ironton has multiple turnovers as they did against prep and rb, they lose big. Multiple penalties, especially the 15yd variety, is as good as a turnover. Clean it up and you are in the game

Kirtland will do what they do best. They'll play discipline fundamental football. They've had the tougher schedule, year in and out. They'll come to play.

Ironton will win by 2 or lose by 24.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

9 turnovers the last 3 games by Ironton is no good very fortunate to have came away with the victory. Something I thinK is very impressive though Mr. carrico has 418 yards rushing in 2 final 4 games that’s very impressive and 6 offensive tds and 1 pick 6

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

MrFirstTake wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:38 am 9 turnovers the last 3 games by Ironton is no good very fortunate to have came away with the victory. Something I thinK is very impressive though Mr. carrico has 418 yards rushing in 2 final 4 games that’s very impressive and 6 offensive tds and 1 pick 6
Yes it is. That will be our biggest objective, contain Carrico. We have to do that. If he is let run wild, he alone will keep Ironton in this game

6O HORN3TS 🐝
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

He alone may keep them in it but he alone won’t win it the offense has to be more consistent around him this week and cut out the negative stuff. They played a pretty clean game against Kirtland last year as far as penalties and turnovers just did other things not so well some of that was because of Kirtland being very good some was self inflicted

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

MrFirstTake wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:24 am He alone may keep them in it but he alone won’t win it the offense has to be more consistent around him this week and cut out the negative stuff. They played a pretty clean game against Kirtland last year as far as penalties and turnovers just did other things not so well some of that was because of Kirtland being very good some was self inflicted
The fumbles and penalties for sure. We had 1 fumble tonight and a few penalties we could have done without, so we didn’t play a perfect game either and will need to clean that up. All in all, from the looks of the score, it looks like we did but there was a few things we could have done better and cleaned up as well

6O HORN3TS 🐝
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Well I'll be rooting for Ironton in this one but they're not heading into this game on a high note IMO. The last 2 weeks Ironton has played some very messy football and simply put the last 2 teams didn't have the horses or the grit to pull out the victory ironton was trying to hand them. Had they played Kirtland either of the last 2 weeks they'd be at home right now watching the state championship game. They MUST clean up the turnovers and the penalties but doing those things this deep into the playoffs is a huge concern. Rooting for Ironton and I hope I'm wrong, I picked Kirtland last year and I've got to go with them yet again. I think Ironton has the defense to keep this close again though I just don't know if they've got enough consistent offense to knock off Kirtland. If Ironton can play a clean game Kirtland takes it 20-14, if they play like they did against RB 27-7. Best of luck to both teams in this crazy crazy season we've had.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I could be wrong but I think kirtland returned a lot of pieces that ironton had to replace. You can’t win it if you’re not in it though. The time for this game is awful. Hate the early day game.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

FOR EVERY GOLIATH, THERE IS A STONE
FIRST YOU HAVE TO STEP OUT ONTO YOUR FAITH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

it is refreshing to see posts from the opposition where both sides respect each other. this game pits the defending state champs, against the defending state runner up, for the 2nd year in a row now. both are undefeated. and I love reading the posts about Kirtland. they have an incredible program there, and they won't beat themselves. if we drop the rock, it will be very costly, as the hornets will light your butt up. it is truly amazing the success of their program. but ironton has long been known to be ''giant killers'' themselves. and has been known to be streak busters as well. one would have to think that the 2 have been rooting for each other all year and wanting a rematch. and finally here it is. ironton comes from a conference in the ovc that is not as strong. as the mac has to be the premiere conference in the state as far as public schools go. their success has been unrivaled in the mac. but in steps coach Pendleton, who has been at the helm for 3 years, and has taken the ''fighting tigers'' to 2 state championship games in a row. if I'm not mistaken this is either the 9th or 10 state championship game for ironton as well. so it has to be ironton as the underdog here. but look back through our year, and you'll see we get it done as well. I'm so proud of both programs, and blessed to be a fighting tiger fan. YTB.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I've likely never been more excited for a state rematch game.
blessings and congratulations to the ironton staff, players, band, cheerleaders, majorettes and fans. and all who make fighting tiger football possible. this could be a classic for sure.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:48 am I could be wrong but I think kirtland returned a lot of pieces that ironton had to replace. You can’t win it if you’re not in it though. The time for this game is awful. Hate the early day game.
We had 12 return. 6 offense, 6 defense

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:14 am it is refreshing to see posts from the opposition where both sides respect each other. this game pits the defending state champs, against the defending state runner up, for the 2nd year in a row now. both are undefeated. and I love reading the posts about Kirtland. they have an incredible program there, and they won't beat themselves. if we drop the rock, it will be very costly, as the hornets will light your butt up. it is truly amazing the success of their program. but ironton has long been known to be ''giant killers'' themselves. and has been known to be streak busters as well. one would have to think that the 2 have been rooting for each other all year and wanting a rematch. and finally here it is. ironton comes from a conference in the ovc that is not as strong. as the mac has to be the premiere conference in the state as far as public schools go. their success has been unrivaled in the mac. but in steps coach Pendleton, who has been at the helm for 3 years, and has taken the ''fighting tigers'' to 2 state championship games in a row. if I'm not mistaken this is either the 9th or 10 state championship game for ironton as well. so it has to be ironton as the underdog here. but look back through our year, and you'll see we get it done as well. I'm so proud of both programs, and blessed to be a fighting tiger fan. YTB.
Most everyone I know up here has pulled for you guys all year. We just thought it would be the best matchup and here we are less than a week away from it

6O HORN3TS 🐝
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:20 am
wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:48 am I could be wrong but I think kirtland returned a lot of pieces that ironton had to replace. You can’t win it if you’re not in it though. The time for this game is awful. Hate the early day game.
From injury and the game or just the game?

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:36 am
Kirtland80 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:20 am
From injury and the game or just the game?
12 starters from last years team. We replaced pretty much the whole d line but you wouldn’t know it. These guys have been getting huge pushes all year
Last edited by Kirtland80 on Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I expect Ironton to play better as the underdogs. If they take care of the ball they can certainly win this game. No doubt about it.

Pendleton gets them focused and ready this week.....

Ironton wins 21-14

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

They have been in the weight room for almost 2 hours. 7:15 all of them were there. They are a gritty, determined bunch that does not care what sacrifices it takes. They did it all week last week for 3 and 4 hours at a time after practice, well every week this season for that matter

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

https://www.cleveland.com/highschoolspo ... -game.html

Pretty good recap of last nights game

6O HORN3TS 🐝
TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

I am so proud of what the Tigers have a achieved this far, but don’t settle for anything less than being state champions this year. You guys remember how you felt after last year’s game and never want to feel like that again. I am not taking anything away from Kirtland they are a powerhouse and an awesome program, but anyone can be beaten on any given day. Here is some motivation that was quoted out of the Cleveland.com from last night’s game that one of their player’s stated “We just never stopped going,” Sullivan said. “We kept hitting hard no matter what, and that’s what teams usually do. They wear down. We never wear down.”
That is our motto too! Let them feel like that and how you all felt after last year’s game.
Go Tigers Go!

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:05 am They have been in the weight room for almost 2 hours. 7:15 all of them were there. They are a gritty, determined bunch that does not care what sacrifices it takes. They did it all week last week for 3 and 4 hours at a time after practice, well every week this season for that matter
I've read things about the weightroom. If this is legit, then to me it's more impressive than their win streak

As far as the game, I agree with another poster Ironton's best shot was last year. Carrico has willed this team in the playoffs. They had some serious luck with the Ridgewood quarterback being out, as Ridgewood was better than the team last night just as it was last year. But either way you have to hand it to Carrico, he is tough. Kirtland won't let him run, someone else will have to beat them and he doesn't exist on this team imo

Return to “Football”