Burg vs Ironton 2021

artisgilmore
Varsity

Re: Burg vs Ironton 2021

Post by artisgilmore »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:39 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:06 pm
wobycat wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:52 pm

No one is bragging about the win. But D7 or D1 his runs were really really good. Taking it away based on opponent is absolutely diminishing how good they were.
Everyone knows I’m a huge Fighting Tigers fan, but saying Raceland would be an average D7 Team is crazy, unless they’ve went to crap this year. They’ve been pretty good for awhile now.
Nothing personal about any child. Just level of competition.Im done with you people.

Agreed.
RaceLand has a ton of history & well prepared boys ready to compete every year for MANY YEARS!

For, @artisgilmore To continue on a verbose rampage about the result of an offensive run by any high school player in a diminishing & Demeaning manner speaks loudly for @artisgilmore, more than it does about the run, runner, or teams fielded.

It’s a scrimmage for both squads to prepare & see what works and doesn’t work.

I hardly doubt either team added a dust collecting trophy or plaque because of their performances.

It was a SCRIMMAGE!

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

I hate it,but I’m done.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

artisgilmore wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:28 pm Bragging about beating a school that would be an average D7 in Ohio.Yippee! :oops:
No one is bragging about the win. But D7 or D1 his runs were really really good. Taking it away based on opponent is absolutely diminishing how good they were.
Everyone knows I’m a huge Fighting Tigers fan, but saying Raceland would be an average D7 Team is crazy, unless they’ve went to crap this year. They’ve been pretty good for awhile now.
I've been sitting here reading what was thinking the same thing about Raceland, typically for a low level KY school they're usually right in the running. 2019 the beat the crap out of West, year before the stomped West and Valley. Now maybe they're really down this year, I have no idea, but to say they're just your typical average Ohio DVII school is pretty silly. I mean last time West even beat Raceland it was by only 6 and West finished 9-1.

Question for the Burg faithful, so I said this last year and this year that they needed to run Lattimore 15-20 times a game at least but does Burg have the ability to air it out?? Ironton is still going to be stout up front and I think that will keep them in just about every game this season but I think they if face teams that can do both they might struggle a bit.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

greygoose wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:55 am I've been sitting here reading what was thinking the same thing about Raceland, typically for a low level KY school they're usually right in the running. 2019 the beat the crap out of West, year before the stomped West and Valley. Now maybe they're really down this year, I have no idea, but to say they're just your typical average Ohio DVII school is pretty silly. I mean last time West even beat Raceland it was by only 6 and West finished 9-1.
2017 West won
2018 West was leading in the 2nd half and got beat on a trick formation
2019 They were good and West was playing Freshman. Got Ugly fast

But yes Raceland is a good program. They have athletes and get a lot of athletes. Don’t know what they were expecting to have this year

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

greygoose wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:55 am

I've been sitting here reading what was thinking the same thing about Raceland, typically for a low level KY school they're usually right in the running. 2019 the beat the crap out of West, year before the stomped West and Valley. Now maybe they're really down this year, I have no idea, but to say they're just your typical average Ohio DVII school is pretty silly. I mean last time West even beat Raceland it was by only 6 and West finished 9-1.

Question for the Burg faithful, so I said this last year and this year that they needed to run Lattimore 15-20 times a game at least but does Burg have the ability to air it out?? Ironton is still going to be stout up front and I think that will keep them in just about every game this season but I think they if face teams that can do both they might struggle a bit.
Probably should clarify. These runs were after the catch from passes to the wide receiver brother. The running back had around 80 yards and a TD on like 4 to 5 carries. He’s more of a straight power runner. The WR runs looked like a shorter version of tanner holden on the runs.

Burgs QB looked pretty good. He’s going to be a serviceable QB. Throws a decent ball. Just not much experience

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:02 pm No Carrico, carpenter out with a pretty good injury, carter kid gone. Lattimore I read ran all over the place in the scrimmage. Going to be a close one. Burg by 3
Where is Carter? Also what kind of injury does Carpenter have?

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

14U wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:42 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:02 pm No Carrico, carpenter out with a pretty good injury, carter kid gone. Lattimore I read ran all over the place in the scrimmage. Going to be a close one. Burg by 3

It’s being kept very close to the chest about
BOTH players situations.

I’m excited to see the guys stepping up for them myself & what they can do…

GoTigersGo!

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

With the loss of those two this game got a lot closer

gobucs20
JV Team

Post by gobucs20 »

A superstar in the making may have quit the team.. Starting quarterback possibly injured and out. Sounds like trouble in tigertown

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:43 pm

BOTH players situations.

GoTigersGo!
Wow! Hard to believe carter left the team after the run Ironton has had and being a D-I prospect

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

gobucs20 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:46 pm A superstar in the making may have quit the team.. Starting quarterback possibly injured and out. Sounds like trouble in tigertown
Lot of strange behavior from Ironton if we are honest. Given the amount of parents/adults related in some fashion to the program sharing, spreading, and promoting covid misinformation on social media, I would be reluctant to play them at all. If the teams approach to health guidelines and social responsibility is reflective of the adults around the program, I think its a reasonable concern.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

14U wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:36 pm

BOTH players situations.

GoTigersGo!
Wow! Hard to believe carter left the team after the run Ironton has had and being a D-I prospect
What seems to be even more peculiar is how the Ironton fan base is trying to shape the narrative w regard to the alleged Carter departure. As if its just normal. Something def being concealed at Ironton.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

SpeedKillz wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:47 pm

BOTH players situations.

GoTigersGo!
What seems to be even more peculiar is how the Ironton fan base is trying to shape the narrative w regard to the alleged Carter departure. As if its just normal. Something def being concealed at Ironton.
Yes I agree. Something is going on behind the sene. Whatever it is you got to give the carter boy props because nothing being said by him.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

14U wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:54 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:47 pm

Yes I agree. Something is going on behind the sene. Whatever it is you got to give the carter boy props because nothing being said by him.
Maybe. Unless the departure was due to an issue created by the Carter kid. (Conduct/academics)

ballrmom1
Riding the Bench

Post by ballrmom1 »

This Is All I Am Going To Say About This But Last Weak I Had A Talk With An Ironton Player And He Told Me That Trevor Carter Broke His Arm And Will Be Out For Six Weaks And Will Return To The Lineup After That.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

ballrmom1 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:57 pm This Is All I Am Going To Say About This But Last Weak I Had A Talk With An Ironton Player And He Told Me That Trevor Carter Broke His Arm And Will Be Out For Six Weaks And Will Return To The Lineup After That.
Hopefully that's all it is, but I'm going to be honest given the time line of going on close to 2 weeks of this being discussed about the young man and this is the first time anyone has mentioned injury I don't know that I quite buy that. Especially with the Ironton faithful who are typically on here up in arms especially come burg time it's a mighty mighty quiet. Ironton lose an OL coach to West??

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I was told by a source they talked to a coach and point blank asked if the carter kid quit and the response was yes. And the next question was it a attitude thing and the response was hands raised saying I don’t know. That makes me think that’s some of the reason if true. I’ve heard that kid is going to burg, race land or Russell. So who knows what’s going on. Carpenter being out really hurts. He was at a ton of camps learning and getting better. I still think burg wins by 3 or more. Seems like a possible mess going on in Itown

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

greygoose wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:24 pm
ballrmom1 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:57 pm This Is All I Am Going To Say About This But Last Weak I Had A Talk With An Ironton Player And He Told Me That Trevor Carter Broke His Arm And Will Be Out For Six Weaks And Will Return To The Lineup After That.
Hopefully that's all it is, but I'm going to be honest given the time line of going on close to 2 weeks of this being discussed about the young man and this is the first time anyone has mentioned injury I don't know that I quite buy that. Especially with the Ironton faithful who are typically on here up in arms especially come burg time it's a mighty mighty quiet. Ironton lose an OL coach to West??
I think theres more to it than injury regarding Carter, and I think the issue isnt new per se. If you recall Carter was absent in a good portion of crucial snaps for Ironton last season due to alleged and non specified "injuries." When you consider Ironton as a community and their propensity for sweeping anything they view as detrimental to the narrative they wish to promote, under the rug, it gets very mysterious.

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

I applaud Ironton on the Carter situation for not putting any information out there regarding a 16-17 year old kid. I seen where Ironton had a team photo retake and Carter was not present. Looks like one of the biggest ironton teams I’ve seen in awhile from the photo. Other than the kirtland game I don’t think people remember the dominance Ironton had on the defense Dline and Oline and most of those guys are back. I look for Ironton to surprise a lot of us and win in a blow out even if the QB doesn’t play

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Bfan99 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:13 pm I applaud Ironton on the Carter situation for not putting any information out there regarding a 16-17 year old kid. I seen where Ironton had a team photo retake and Carter was not present. Looks like one of the biggest ironton teams I’ve seen in awhile from the photo. Other than the kirtland game I don’t think people remember the dominance Ironton had on the defense Dline and Oline and most of those guys are back. I look for Ironton to surprise a lot of us and win in a blow out even if the QB doesn’t play
Here is my question. What knowledge/info are you using to form your prediction? What is it based on specifically?

Return to “Football”