Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

Re: Moellar vs Lokata East link: Ironton is not gonna be able to move the ball

Post by Chilli_Dawg_614 »

kantucky wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:17 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:01 pm
Pit Stop Billy wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:41 pm

Moellar, as chillidawg/speedkilz calls them, will envy Tank Stadium. :mrgreen:
Lol I doubt that. No offense to ironton but moeller plays in huge stadiums with thousands of people. To small town Ohio the gate will be nice and a rare chance to see a huge school.
HOlD on a minute. Ironton DOES PLAY BEFORE THOUSANDS of people in a very nice stadium that seats 5,200. There are easily well over 6,000 people in Tank for games like the first one against Wheelersburg. We take in a very nice gate from teams like Ashland, Wheelersburg and Jackson. The Ironton program can hold it's own with any school in Ohio that's A D5 or often way larger

There are high school games in texas that net around 18k in attendance. This isn't even a sneeze.

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

fielddaddy wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:21 am At least Ironton is trying to get better by seeing what that team up North is doing and scheduling up.
The OVC is weak nothing against those schools but they always have been.
Ironton was lucky against Jackson with a win the question is was Ironton holding back they was running plays that was constantly failing.
Or was it simply Jackson was a good team.
I believe maybe it was both.
It is a long season and Jackson is for real.
As far as Moeller they are the real deal no doubt this is a win win for Ironton win or lose.
Can they win yes will they probably not.
I do expect them to play hard be competitive and keep it close.
Ironton has the talent to win but they need to stop the penalties and control the line of scrimmage.
No ifs or buts.
Kudos for for scheduling up and preparing for playoffs Kirtland has been doing it for years sadly SE Ohio hasn't and it as shown.
Wheelersburg did for awhile the Columbus teams and Ironton used to with Columbus Desales maybe that is the key play the power houses and get the experience needed.
8-2 and bounced in the playoffs or 6-4 and run to the tittle which is better ?
Ironton plays 4 good teams? Who's the fourth? 😂

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:36 pm

Lol I doubt that. No offense to ironton but moeller plays in huge stadiums with thousands of people. To small town Ohio the gate will be nice and a rare chance to see a huge school.
HOlD on a minute. Ironton DOES PLAY BEFORE THOUSANDS of people in a very nice stadium that seats 5,200. There are easily well over 6,000 people in Tank for games like the first one against Wheelersburg. We take in a very nice gate from teams like Ashland, Wheelersburg and Jackson. The Ironton program can hold it's own with any school in Ohio that's A D5 or often way larger

Oh i know they do and make good gates. What I typed came out different then it looks. I meant moeller prob plays in front of tens of thousands at big stadiums. I picture the moeller vs st x would be a huge crowd. Irontons facilities are top notch and get a great crowd every week.
Correct. Moeller vs St X will be played at Nippert Stadium (UC’s home field). Seating capacity of 40k.

Their most “intimidating” place to play will be against Elder at the Pit (Elder’s home stadium). Seats around 10k.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Chilli_Dawg_614 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:51 pm

There are high school games in texas that net around 18k in attendance. This isn't even a sneeze.
Who cares? Tank Stadium is a beautiful stadium with much tradition. As I stated earlier, Ironton has a fairly similar history since the inception of the playoffs as Moellar. In 2020 and 2019, Moellar had a combined record of 5 - 15, failing to make the playoffs both years. The Tigers haven't had back to back seasons that poor or missed the playoffs twice in a row since the playoffs began back in '72. Ironton can hold their head up high.

Was it a mistake to schedule Moellar? I'd be lying if I said I was eager to see it. If Ironton gives a good account and no one gets hurt, it will go a long way towards preparing themselves for the playoffs.

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

kantucky wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:00 pm

Who cares? Tank Stadium is a beautiful stadium with much tradition. As I stated earlier, Ironton has a fairly similar history since the inception of the playoffs as Moellar. In 2020 and 2019, Moellar had a combined record of 5 - 15, failing to make the playoffs both years. The Tigers haven't had back to back seasons that poor or missed the playoffs twice in a row since the playoffs began back in '72. Ironton can hold their head up high.

Was it a mistake to schedule Moellar? I'd be lying if I said I was eager to see it. If Ironton gives a good account and no one gets hurt, it will go a long way towards preparing themselves for the playoffs.
You’re correct. Ironton has a fantastic history and wonderful stadium; should be very proud.

As for Moeller, they didn’t miss the playoffs in 2020. In fact, they won a playoff game against Hamilton 43-27 before losing in the second round to St X.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.journa ... utType=amp

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

artisgilmore
Varsity

Re: Moellar vs Lokata East

Post by artisgilmore »

Chili,lived in Houston for 20 yrs.Never seen 18k for any game.Im talking D1 schools.Senior class of my oldest son was over 900
.Maybe in the playoffs at Texas stadium.Usually a couple thousand at the games I attended.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Pit Stop Billy wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:41 pm

Moellar, as chillidawg/speedkilz calls them, will envy Tank Stadium. :mrgreen:

Burg grad 85
kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

There's Burg Grad! tell 'em how much fun it was being in Tank Stadium three weeks ago tomorrow! you all had a blast!

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

artisgilmore wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:50 pm Chili,lived in Houston for 20 yrs.Never seen 18k for any game.Im talking D1 schools.Senior class of my oldest son was over 900
.Maybe in the playoffs at Texas stadium.Usually a couple thousand at the games I attended.
What did this game do? Did they say 54,000? That was a few years ago also right?

Texas Sets National Attendance Record for High School Football
https://youtu.be/NREJzl5we7M

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

artisgilmore wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:50 pm Chili,lived in Houston for 20 yrs.Never seen 18k for any game.Im talking D1 schools.Senior class of my oldest son was over 900
This was around 48?

https://sports.yahoo.com/texas-high-sch ... 27756.html

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

scott1297 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:02 pm :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here's another one. This one beat Texas A&M's bowl game attendance.
https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/df ... 37900.html

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

Anyway. Point is the hyperbole is off the meter in here. 😂
"Loaded with D1 talent."
"Plays before thousands."
Plenty of real stuff to be excited about. It's not a comic book.

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

That's the point. The hyperbole isn't necessary.

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

kantucky wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:10 pm There's Burg Grad! tell 'em how much fun it was being in Tank Stadium three weeks ago tomorrow! you all had a blast!
The Tank has been all cat pizz and broken dreams for burg fans as of late.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Chilli_Dawg_614 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:06 am Anyway. Point is the hyperbole is off the meter in here. 😂
"Loaded with D1 talent."
"Plays before thousands."
Plenty of real stuff to be excited about. It's not a comic book.
So are false and contradictory statements…

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Chili/Speedkillz 2.0 needs to go again. :mrgreen:

Pit Stop Billy
Riding the Bench

Post by Pit Stop Billy »

Chilli_Dawg_614 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:34 pm

That's small
("That's small').We all know you hear that phrase a lot don't ya speed. :mrgreen:

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Sorry, but Moellar made the playoffs in 2020. Every team made the playoffs.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

RBH23 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:34 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:21 am Probably going to be about like Bishop Sycamore playing IMG the other day!!!

I can’t believe Moeller even took this game. They have nothing to gain and everything to lose.
One, Moeller has to fill a schedule. For them, that is not easy to do. Hence they play teams from Cleveland, Michigan, Indianapolis, and Louisville.

Two, this is a reasonably easy win; at least the easiest game on their schedule. Will give them a chance to work on things in a hostile environment.

Three, money. Ironton brings in a crowd, and this game will be big.
Youre explaining it to a former band member who hasnt a clue about football. Other than whining after a loss (for weeks apparently).

Return to “Football”