Region 19 Top 8 teams

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Re: Region 19 Top 8 teams

Post by LetsBeReal »

Region is loaded with some pretty good teams. If Portsmouth keeps improving I can see them winning the region. Will surprise some but not me. They have a lot of very good players. No (SEO)elite talent but the coaches have them headed the right way and have a pure winner in ROE. They don’t pack it in against better teams.4th best team in the region but can beat anyone in the region any given night!

Hopefully they get matchups good for them on playoffs.

Minford almost took down a team that is also in that category.

This will be a fun region this year.

Burg- get lattimore that dang ball.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:48 pm Piketon looking to go undefeated so will likely secure the #1 seed unless Ridgewood also goes undefeated. They have two games left that are a threat, specially without Tingle. If Tingle isnt back for the Garaway game they more than likely lose. I look for these teams to take the top two seeds with some order of Portsmouth, Ironton, and Harvest Prep 3-5. These are the current top 5 and I think it stays that way.
Also really curious to see how things play out with West, Burg, and Minford. After West vs Waverly and Burg vs Minford it seems to be a toss up between those teams. They're not only fighting for the SOC, but for a home playoff game as well.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Piketon is no threat to any of the better teams in the region.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

artisgilmore wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:18 am Piketon is no threat to any of the better teams in the region.
I respectfully agree. Their offense is amazing but defense is still in question against better competition. That could result in shootouts being their best shot at a W, not the best game plan. No test the next four weeks either.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Unless Piketon is better-conditioned and more athletic than the '20 team that played Harvest Prep last year, they're not going to be a serious contender for the Regional crown.

CAT21
Riding the Bench

Post by CAT21 »

LetsBeReal wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:38 am Region is loaded with some pretty good teams. If Portsmouth keeps improving I can see them winning the region. Will surprise some but not me. They have a lot of very good players. No (SEO)elite talent but the coaches have them headed the right way and have a pure winner in ROE. They don’t pack it in against better teams.4th best team in the region but can beat anyone in the region any given night!

Hopefully they get matchups good for them on playoffs.

Minford almost took down a team that is also in that category.

This will be a fun region this year.

Burg- get lattimore that dang ball.
It will be a tall task but, if Portsmouth can beat fairland AND ironton, I think they have a good chance at winning the region.

Return to “Football”