Wish List: Vinton County Vs Logan

Paladin
SEOP

Re: Wish List: Vinton County Vs Logan

Post by Paladin »

Dundas wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:56 am
Drippy96 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:09 am Does anyone know when they have played each other in the past?
1967 and 1968.

I was coaching at Logan then. Logan won both games - 58-6 in’67 and 36-6 in ‘68. In addition Logan and McArthur played 10 other games over the years with the Chiefs winning 9 of 10 and scoring cumulative 317 pts to their 32 pts. I know the JV and Jr. high games were ugly as well over the years. The early games were before Logan had consolidation and the schools closer in size. Still made no difference.

So that’s 12 games with McArthur winning 1 of 10 and VC winning 0 of 2. Over the long haul it would be ugly. lol

Call the AD. Logan wants games.

Have gun, will travel
Pitstop Billy
Freshman Team

Post by Pitstop Billy »

Paladin wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:38 pm
Dundas wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:56 am
Drippy96 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:09 am Does anyone know when they have played each other in the past?
1967 and 1968.

I was coaching at Logan then. Logan won both games - 58-6 in’67 and 36-6 in ‘68. In addition Logan and McArthur played 10 other games over the years with the Chiefs winning 9 of 10 and scoring cumulative 317 pts to their 32 pts. I know the JV and Jr. high games were ugly as well over the years. The early games were before Logan had consolidation and the schools closer in size. Still made no difference.

So that’s 12 games with McArthur winning 1 of 10 and VC winning 0 of 2. Over the long haul it would be ugly. lol

Call the AD. Logan wants games.
It's hilarious, but you make fun of all of SEO football yet you want your school, Logan, to play many of them. All the while Logan is much larger than any other school in SEO. And we saw what happened when they played Jackson. VC would hang a runner on Logan this year. Trimble and Waterford probably would as well and maybe even NY. Fort Frye will for sure. They've had 3 runners put on them already this year and for sure at least one more to come. How many do you want them to have? They need to have that guy write another letter begging the OHSAA to let them play as a D6 team and then just join the TVC Hocking. :mrgreen:

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

If VC and Logan played every year from 1967-present day, Logan would absolutely hold a commanding lead. The mid 80’s through early 2000’s would’ve been a competitive time but everything else would’ve been dominated by Logan. With that said, THIS year would have gone VC’s way. Taking that ALL into consideration, I think this would be a great jamboree game. Each team could reap the benefits of a normal game and neither school would have any negative effects of playing a (bad small school) or a bad big school (with no conference). Let’s make it happen!

Glousterite
Freshman Team

Post by Glousterite »

allamericanironman wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:53 am VC would stomp Trimble/ Logan/ Nelsonville / meigs this year. The list is long. 8-)
VC hasn’t beaten anyone with a winning record? Lol.
As for the thread,
VC - 28
Logan - 19

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.

Return to “Football”