Region 19

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Re: Region 19

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Raycharles wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:03 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:55 pm I think the region goes as follows:

1.) Piketon- they will win out. Their final 5 opponents have 4 wins between them so they might drop from #1 seed but should be a shoe in for the top 3 spots
2/3) Ironton/Portsmouth- the winner of that matchup finishes 2nd in the region.
4.) Ridgewood- I have them dropping one game over their final 5 remaining. If they run the table, they would over take Ironton/Portssmouth and push them down to 3rd and 4th position.

5.) Harvest Prep- if they win out with one loss they will not be pickup up much from their final 5 opponents as only one of them is currently above .500
6.) Amanda Clearcreek
7.) Zane Trace- they have a legitimate shot of winning out and finishing 8-2
8.) Columbus Academy/Portsmouth West/Burg- all current 3 loss teams. If Burg can find a way to win out and beat West and Waverly, they should move up past the 8 spot. If they dont, they are probably on the outside looking in. Columbus Academy has one tough remaining game vs Whitehall- Yearling (D2) and the rest of the schedule shouldnt be a problem.

Other potential teams-
Minford- after losing a heartbreaker to Burg, they would essentially need to win 4 out of their final 5 games, which is a possibility but need to beat West Friday night to stay in the race.

Zane Trace- No remaining teams on their schedule above .500. They will probably win out and miss the playoffs with an 8-2 record because they will get no 2nd level points help.

West Muskingham- same issue as ZT. They will finish with a solid record but may not end up with a win against a team with a winning record for the year.

Although I do not see the teams in this region being quite as strong as they have been in the past there is a lot of parity among the region. Only the top 4 seeds look like they are shoe in to fill one of those spots and host the first round.

5-8 can really get shuffled around depending on what happens with Minford vs West, West vs Burg and Burg vs Waverly. So I doubt there are many Burg fans right now outside of their own fan base lol.
hmmm where or why do you think Ridgewood is dropping one game in their last remaining 5 games?
Without Tingle they could have some trouble with Sandy Valley and Indian Valley. At the end of the season they play Garaway who has a shot at beating them even with Tingle.

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:09 pm
Raycharles wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:03 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:55 pm I think the region goes as follows:

1.) Piketon- they will win out. Their final 5 opponents have 4 wins between them so they might drop from #1 seed but should be a shoe in for the top 3 spots
4.) Ridgewood- I have them dropping one game over their final 5 remaining. If they run the table, they would over take Ironton/Portssmouth and push them down to 3rd and 4th position.

5.) Harvest Prep- if they win out with one loss they will not be pickup up much from their final 5 opponents as only one of them is currently above .500
6.) Amanda Clearcreek
8.) Columbus Academy/Portsmouth West/Burg- all current 3 loss teams. If Burg can find a way to win out and beat West and Waverly, they should move up past the 8 spot. If they dont, they are probably on the outside looking in. Columbus Academy has one tough remaining game vs Whitehall- Yearling (D2) and the rest of the schedule shouldnt be a problem.

Other potential teams-
Minford- after losing a heartbreaker to Burg, they would essentially need to win 4 out of their final 5 games, which is a possibility but need to beat West Friday night to stay in the race.

Zane Trace- No remaining teams on their schedule above .500. They will probably win out and miss the playoffs with an 8-2 record because they will get no 2nd level points help.

West Muskingham- same issue as ZT. They will finish with a solid record but may not end up with a win against a team with a winning record for the year.

Although I do not see the teams in this region being quite as strong as they have been in the past there is a lot of parity among the region. Only the top 4 seeds look like they are shoe in to fill one of those spots and host the first round.

5-8 can really get shuffled around depending on what happens with Minford vs West, West vs Burg and Burg vs Waverly. So I doubt there are many Burg fans right now outside of their own fan base lol.
hmmm where or why do you think Ridgewood is dropping one game in their last remaining 5 games?
Without Tingle they could have some trouble with Sandy Valley and Indian Valley. At the end of the season they play Garaway who has a shot at beating them even with Tingle.
This is just playing the numbers game but Garaway beat Dalton full week of prep and at 100 percent. Ridgewood came back played that same Dalton team without their starting quarterback and 2 days to prep for them. Giving up the same amount of points Garaway did. IMO Garaway is a little overrated. Don’t be surprised if they struggle with Indian Valley this week. I get it with the scores the past few weeks for Ridgewood it’s easy to start questioning how good they really are but there is a lot more going on than the scores show.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

6.) Amanda Clearcreek

Other potential teams-

16 teams make it.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Regional favorites

Harvest Prep
Ridgewood with Tingle
(Gap)
Ironton
(Gap)
Wheelersburg
Columbus Academy
Portsmouth
(Gap)
Piketon
Clearcreek
(Gap)
Ridgewood without Tingle
Everyone else

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

TigerBob wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:26 pm Regional favorites

Harvest Prep
Ridgewood with Tingle
(Gap)
Ironton
(Gap)
Wheelersburg
Columbus Academy
Portsmouth
(Gap)
Piketon
Clearcreek
(Gap)
Ridgewood without Tingle
Everyone else
Tiger Bob,

I’ve watched a little Harvest Prep and Ridgewood on YouTube. I don’t think Prep is nearly as good on D this year and I think Ridgewood lost a lot in trenches. I think Ironton is every bit as good as both of them with fully healthy come playoff time.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

XandOs wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:35 pm

Harvest Prep
Ridgewood with Tingle
(Gap)
Ironton
(Gap)
Wheelersburg
Columbus Academy
Portsmouth
(Gap)
Piketon
Clearcreek
(Gap)
Ridgewood without Tingle
Everyone else
Tiger Bob,

I’ve watched a little Harvest Prep and Ridgewood on YouTube. I don’t think Prep is nearly as good on D this year and I think Ridgewood lost a lot in trenches. I think Ironton is every bit as good as both of them with fully healthy come playoff time.
Harvest prep is legit. Jury out on ironton until Portsmouth

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

wobycat wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:59 pm

Harvest Prep
Ridgewood with Tingle
(Gap)
Ironton
(Gap)
Wheelersburg
Columbus Academy
Portsmouth
(Gap)
Piketon
Clearcreek
(Gap)
Ridgewood without Tingle
Everyone else
Tiger Bob,

What makes Harvest Prep legit. By all accounts Hartley is down this year and this is one of the worst teams They’ve had. Ironton played with Moeller. Moeller just beat Lasalle. Ironton had to completely change offense with QB2 took over.

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

XandOs wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:10 pm
wobycat wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:59 pm

Tiger Bob,

What makes Harvest Prep legit. By all accounts Hartley is down this year and this is one of the worst teams They’ve had. Ironton played with Moeller. Moeller just beat Lasalle. Ironton had to completely change offense with QB2 took over.
What makes Ironton legit? They have been mediocre all year on offense and you’re go to is Moellor which held Ironton out all game till the 28 second to go in the game… come on now. Not to mention the Fairland game… You’re making all these arguments about everyone else, but you’ll come back with the injury bug defense and Covid defense like everyone else isn’t going through the same issue. Prep is very legit youd think you’d see that if you truly did watch the films like say you did… Plus Prep lost little to no one from last year what do you think is changing from this year to last?

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Prep lost almost the entire Defense. They had 3 great senior LBs. Ridgewood is experiencing a little bit of what Ironton was going through. Ironton still beat most of the best teams on their schedule. I’m not sure Ridgewood beats the best on their schedule based off the scores the last couple weeks.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Prep has a legit running back. That should be looking at d1. They are big up front on both sides of the ball. And athletes on the field that will match ironton. Where I give edge to ironton is city school players can take plays off but they won’t be out matched athletically. Ridgewood defense seems legit but just like last year tingle has to play. Burg along with a few others in the region have the ability to beat anyone.

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

XandOs wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:03 pm Prep lost almost the entire Defense. They had 3 great senior LBs. Ridgewood is experiencing a little bit of what Ironton was going through. Ironton still beat most of the best teams on their schedule. I’m not sure Ridgewood beats the best on their schedule based off the scores the last couple weeks.
I guess we will see how well that statement ages.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
DaWoodSoldier
Riding the Bench

Post by DaWoodSoldier »

Wood is not what they were a year ago defensively, with that said they are still a pretty good defensive team. Offensively without tingle it’s as big of a game changer as there is. Against East Canton they played their 3/4/5th QB’s of the season. They are not what they were a year ago upfront on either side of the ball. (2 defensive tackles at OSU obviously aren’t replaced by any D5 teams) Indian valley and Garaway are both really good teams that will be a tough out come playoff time in their respective regions, with all that said IF Tingle is healthy the Wood has a chance against anyone in the region, not saying they are the favorites, but will have a shot. If you are skeptical of that you are entitled to your opinion, but I watched Wood vs Kirtland scrimmage…Tingle put up 3 scores in series of 10 plays. Not sure Ironton managed that in 8 quarters of play.
The way I see it it’s Ironton’s region to lose until someone beats them. Prep is a legit contender. Portsmouth, piketon and burg will all be in the mix. I’m sure there are a few others that could also mix things up in the weeks to come. All in all it’s a solid region. Time will tell.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

DaWoodSoldier wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:03 pm Wood is not what they were a year ago defensively, with that said they are still a pretty good defensive team. Offensively without tingle it’s as big of a game changer as there is. Against East Canton they played their 3/4/5th QB’s of the season. They are not what they were a year ago upfront on either side of the ball. (2 defensive tackles at OSU obviously aren’t replaced by any D5 teams) Indian valley and Garaway are both really good teams that will be a tough out come playoff time in their respective regions, with all that said IF Tingle is healthy the Wood has a chance against anyone in the region, not saying they are the favorites, but will have a shot. If you are skeptical of that you are entitled to your opinion, but I watched Wood vs Kirtland scrimmage…Tingle put up 3 scores in series of 10 plays. Not sure Ironton managed that in 8 quarters of play.
The way I see it it’s Ironton’s region to lose until someone beats them. Prep is a legit contender. Portsmouth, piketon and burg will all be in the mix. I’m sure there are a few others that could also mix things up in the weeks to come. All in all it’s a solid region. Time will tell.
Exactly how I see it. It’s irontons until proven otherwise there are plenty that are capable. Also still a great deal of football left to played

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
hegotgame
Riding the Bench

Post by hegotgame »

I have seen ironton play, i have not seen portsmouth. What will the spread be for that game?

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

I have to believe Ironton is a 2 touchdown favorite with Carpenter back. They're a more battle tested team and we are coming off a 2-7 year.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Portsmouth98: Love the records and stats you bring to this site, but I have to contest your statement about coming off a 2-7 season which will somehow affect the Ironton game this year. Last season has nothing to do with this season. You have even alluded to it in your posts about the improved Portsmouth defense. This year's defense has nothing in common with last year's. So it is that the 2021 5-1 Trojans don't resemble in any fashion the 2020 2-7 Trojans. The records are virtually reversed.......and PHS will rightfully earn a playoff spot this season whereas last year they opted in automatically due to the OHSAA guidelines.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

portsmouth_98 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:09 pm I have to believe Ironton is a 2 touchdown favorite with Carpenter back. They're a more battle tested team and we are coming off a 2-7 year.

So you will give me Portsmouth and 14.?

I look for a high scoring game ,and I honestly think Portsmouth is very capable of beating Ironton yes ive seen Ironton two times and yes carpenter is back and thats fine I I take Portsmouth hanging on for a win in the late minutes

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

biggdowgg wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:34 pm
portsmouth_98 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:09 pm I have to believe Ironton is a 2 touchdown favorite with Carpenter back. They're a more battle tested team and we are coming off a 2-7 year.

So you will give me Portsmouth and 14.?

I look for a high scoring game ,and I honestly think Portsmouth is very capable of beating Ironton yes ive seen Ironton two times and yes carpenter is back and thats fine I I take Portsmouth hanging on for a win in the late minutes
I agree. I have seen Irontion twice, and Portsmouth twice. I am not saying Portsmouth will win for sure, but I have a hunch they might. And I would be in on Portsmouth getting 14.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

If the Ironton shows up that played Moeller I think Ironton wins comfortably. You got to think. Remove Rowe from Portsmouth and how good are they. Ironton is running more of a QB driven system this year with their athletes they have. They have real good backs to run the football but they don’t have as many this season so they aren’t running the power formations as much. Ironton has looked different the last 2 weeks on offense. Even though they are playing lesser opponents carpenter is 14-16 330 yds and 6tds in 2 qtrs the last two games.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

And no one including Moeller has a rushing TD on them. Moeller has one of the most explosive offenses in the state and only mustered 3 TDs. Both of Moellers QBs played last week vs. Lasalle and both are college football material. Moeller also has 3 WRs with offers. Ironton won’t see anything like that again this year. Great game for the Fighting Tigers to play each year.

Return to “Football”