Coal Grove vs Ironton - Traveling Trophy

SiderBlood
All Conference

Re: Coal Grove vs Ironton - Traveling Trophy

Post by SiderBlood »

Dragonsbreath12 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:28 pm
SiderBlood wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:49 pm
Dragonsbreath12 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:07 pm

I agree, if pwest would just actually get good at football and have a good following and boosters and people paying enough attention to tht program he just might come home lol
Portsmouth West is a very well respected program. Pretty good following and alot more wins than most schools. 7th best win percentage in Southeastern Ohio actually. And for 30 years we have looked at the Fairland game as a glorified practice, I dont put much into what you said. And for the record, I never said he was coming to West. He will be at a D1 college within 3 years, that's always been his goal.

I’m just saying there’s a reason he’s coaching at Ironton and not West.
He's not at West because we had a pretty good coach at the time and not really a reason to take a shot on a first year guy. Even though he is very respected in the community, how are you going to fire a guy who won 10 games the year before. It was bad timing and is what it is. No one expects him to come back to West after the early success at Ironton. But like I said earlier, his ultimate goal is to be a college coach. He will be there 3 more years at the max and everyone will be happy for the good things he did.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

SiderBlood wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:41 pm
SiderBlood wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:49 pm

Portsmouth West is a very well respected program. Pretty good following and alot more wins than most schools. 7th best win percentage in Southeastern Ohio actually. And for 30 years we have looked at the Fairland game as a glorified practice, I dont put much into what you said. And for the record, I never said he was coming to West. He will be at a D1 college within 3 years, that's always been his goal.

He's not at West because we had a pretty good coach at the time and not really a reason to take a shot on a first year guy. Even though he is very respected in the community, how are you going to fire a guy who won 10 games the year before. It was bad timing and is what it is. No one expects him to come back to West after the early success at Ironton. But like I said earlier, his ultimate goal is to be a college coach. He will be there 3 more years at the max and everyone will be happy for the good things he did.

I think coach Pendelton stays at Ironton awhile. I may be wrong but it looks as if he’s very happy where he’s at and administration seems to be willing to do whatever to keep him. Do you know Pendelton personally? Just curious why he would buy a home in Ironton and then want to leave in a couple years.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

XandOs wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:01 pm

I think coach Pendelton stays at Ironton awhile. I may be wrong but it looks as if he’s very happy where he’s at and administration seems to be willing to do whatever to keep him. Do you know Pendelton personally? Just curious why he would buy a home in Ironton and then want to leave in a couple years.
Yes I do know him personally. And respect him enough that I am not going to speak for him. I know he really wants to win a state championship. I'm just saying I wouldn't expect a 40 year tenure.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

SiderBlood wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:31 pm

Yes I do know him personally. And respect him enough that I am not going to speak for him. I know he really wants to win a state championship. I'm just saying I wouldn't expect a 40 year tenure.
If he keeps heading in the direction he's going I wouldn't expect a 40 year tenure either, as he would eventually be offered a college job. However I dont think he will only stay for 3 more years, seems bit of a rush. He's had a historic start to his coaching career but I dont see him going anywhere for the next 5-7 years minimum.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:41 pm

If he keeps heading in the direction he's going I wouldn't expect a 40 year tenure either, as he would eventually be offered a college job. However I dont think he will only stay for 3 more years, seems bit of a rush. He's had a historic start to his coaching career but I dont see him going anywhere for the next 5-7 years minimum.
He isn't leaving Ironton for any job, but if the right one presents itself im sure he would take it. Thats no knock on Ironton, he's just made connections at the next level that would be hard to pass up. I mean who wouldn't

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

If he’s gonna make the move it’s gonna be soon. The guy has made it clear to people he wants to coach college. It won’t be 5-7. That would make him mid to late 30s. If he has aspirations of being a an OC, DC, or head coach on the Collegiate level he needs to get started. He’s also getting married soon so you wouldn’t think he would want to start a family here then pull up roots. If he’s gonna do it it will be soon. He recently spoke at Michigan State. Read into that
Last edited by SWHITE2002 on Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:54 pm

If he’s gonna make the move it’s gonna be soon. The guy has made it clear to people he wants to coach college. It won’t be 5-7. That would make him mid to late 30s. If he has aspirations of being a an OC, DC, or head coach on the Collegiate level he needs to get started. He’s also getting married soon so you wouldn’t think he would want to start a family here then pull up roots. If he’s gonna do it it will be soon. He spoke in Michigan State lately. Read into that
Well.. that all makes complete sense lol maybe it will be sooner rather than later. Just crazy to imagine him leaving so soon after what he has started at Ironton but like you mentioned he cant wait forever.

Return to “Football”