LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Playoff attendance

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

In all seriousness - can someone explain why online tickets are such a drawback? The expense is dumb, no doubt, but online tickets are so much easier. Don’t have to worry about a line at stadium or running by school week of game to get them. Don’t have to worry about forgetting them at home. Seems much easier to me.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

TigerBob wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:05 pm In all seriousness - can someone explain why online tickets are such a drawback? The expense is dumb, no doubt, but online tickets are so much easier. Don’t have to worry about a line at stadium or running by school week of game to get them. Don’t have to worry about forgetting them at home. Seems much easier to me.
They are not easier for the older generation as a whole.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

There's exceptions to every rule but not everyone wants to use a cell phone or computer to get tickets. It's easier to walk up and pay at the gate. Plus, ohsaa cut the schools out of the profit.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Perhaps OHSAA could allow schools to sell QR codes on printouts? Used as physical tickets but still need scanned.

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

MTSWNGRVSG wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:30 pm Over priced tickets
Online sales only
No ticket sales at the gate

Stayed home and I love high school football but not sure about the weather with a $12 price on the day of the game and have to buy on line. All of this together just makes it too easy to stay home and be dry and warm. Then add on can watch a game on OHSAA.TV for less than driving to the game and purchasing a ticket even if you have to pay for the streamed game.
Have to agree. I like attending high school sporting events but cost and online sales with no tickets sales at the gate have me staying home for the playoffs. I have a team I follow (not in playoffs this year) and buy a year pass to attend all home events I want. Usually will go to away game. Each school tickets policy are different and probably with not go to many away basketball games. I only attended one away football game. Its a sad situation for high school sports.

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

TigerBob wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:05 pm In all seriousness - can someone explain why online tickets are such a drawback? The expense is dumb, no doubt, but online tickets are so much easier. Don’t have to worry about a line at stadium or running by school week of game to get them. Don’t have to worry about forgetting them at home. Seems much easier to me.
One thing for sure that stopped me was the extra 2 dollar charge for it being game day vs Thursday ticket prices. More of a money grab.
I refuse to support that organization that hoards cash from the schools. $5vs$12 is a lot of money when buying more than one ticket to support another school in the area. Also getting service at some schools and getting everything to work standing at the gate for the casual fan would be irritating.

This money grab is not only taking ticket revenue but affects concession revenue. Split the pot and all kinds of other sales.
I have no problem paying a visiting school an extra dollar or two to help pay for parking or turf or a of that nature.

Couldn’t care less to make Ohsaa executive staff rich from greed.

Screw that.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

JohnBlaze33 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:14 am
packers80 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:31 pm

Maybe the older gen can idk adapt or kick rocks? Lol
Stay classy my friend!

jose12
Waterboy

Post by jose12 »

$10.61 for early round playoffs is ridiculous. If you have a family member playing you bite the bullet but if you are just a fan of the game most will stay home. I used to go both nights but not paying this price to see teams I don't know much about.

jose12
Waterboy

Post by jose12 »

It is not easier for older people

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

The price is totally absurd. A family of four paying $50 to attend a high school game is ridiculous. Especially considering the money doesn’t go directly back to the schools/kids.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

First the price is too high for early rounds! Second the online tickets can cause problems in Southeastern Ohio if for no other reason because the infer structure is so poor. My son can only live in two areas of the county we live in because he needs broadband for his job, he is an IT Manager. If you live less than a mile from me you are either on old fashion dial up or over priced satellite internet. Starlink is held up because of the chip shortage so that has not come out as an answer. Heck the only reason I have cell service is because we have it tied to our internet which at time goes out with our land line when it rains. Have you ever tried to get AT&T to fix your landline? So before people start cutting on us older folks educate yourself a little more! Some of us old folks actually are fairly tech savvy. You just save your ticket to your phone in case there is no cell service at the field.

Yea government maps will show we have coverage but their maps are what AT&T and Frontier tells them they cover after they took all the government money and still have not delivered which the time is running out on them.

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

jose12 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:32 am $10.61 for early round playoffs is ridiculous. If you have a family member playing you bite the bullet but if you are just a fan of the game most will stay home. I used to go both nights but not paying this price to see teams I don't know much about.
Come on man! Don't you want the OHSAA to recoup enough of their losses so they can once again make their annual trips to Hawaii and call it a meeting? :mrgreen:

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Koondoger nailed it!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I love how the OH$AA doesn't trust the schools enough to let them sell tickets at the gate. Online sells will cut out the majority of the older crowd who don't know how to navigate to order the tickets. I would guess the weather played a factor some and probably some of the matchups didn't help either.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

JohnBlaze33 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:14 am
packers80 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:31 pm

Nice.

SEO Sports
Riding the Bench

Post by SEO Sports »

I really enjoy watching high school sports, but driving to a game outside of my general vicinity is becoming not worth it. First off, ticket prices increasing 140% is absurd when that money does not go back to the kids. I have no problem with buying tickets online, but paying a processing fee is more money going elsewhere except toward the students. Finally, I do not understand why there isn't an option for those people who struggle to pay online. Why can't tickets be bought at the gate? Just do not want to support adults being greedy off of a child's back.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I'm surprised the OH$AA is allowing the games to be streamed. They are making zero dollars off of that and I'd be surprised if it continues.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

12 bucks is definitely a problem for me to attend all the games I used to attend, I have no problem paying to watch my team play but my group of 3 to 4 would take in a game every Friday and Saturday and even after my team was out ,now you figure in 24 bucks a weekend then gas at 900.00 a gallon and a fat boy has to eat well you see where im going not to mention ive not worked for 3 months because of open heart surgery...well say what you want im not paying and still would not pay it under normal circumstances.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

JohnBlaze33 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:16 pm
packers80 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:58 pm
JohnBlaze33 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:14 am .

Nice.
Reality tho. Adapt or fall behind.
It's not reality for everyone

Return to “Football”