Wk 14: Region 19 Final The Burg versus Harvest Prep

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Re: Wk 14: Region 19 Final The Burg versus Harvest Prep

Post by SciotoCfootball »

If Burg can find a way to put more points on the board, they may shock a lot of people with how their season ends. Coaching is/has been amazing and overall one of the best staffs around. Defense is VERY impressive and flys to the ball.. not afraid to make big hits and they're quick. They have one of the best kickers around in Sammons.. he's had some misses but i've also watched some next level kicks from him. I now believe if Burg can turn things up a notch on offense (decent notch) we could very well see them in Canton.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Good luck Burg in your matchup with Harvest Prep.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:06 pm If Burg can find a way to put more points on the board, they may shock a lot of people with how their season ends. Coaching is/has been amazing and overall one of the best staffs around. Defense is VERY impressive and flys to the ball.. not afraid to make big hits and they're quick. They have one of the best kickers around in Sammons.. he's had some misses but i've also watched some next level kicks from him. I now believe if Burg can turn things up a notch on offense (decent notch) we could very well see them in Canton.
Going to have to complete a few passes. I think burgs coaches didn’t want to turn ball over and went for the safe routes. Jones hit a couple stick routes that looked nice.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

wobycat wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:27 pm
SciotoCfootball wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:06 pm If Burg can find a way to put more points on the board, they may shock a lot of people with how their season ends. Coaching is/has been amazing and overall one of the best staffs around. Defense is VERY impressive and flys to the ball.. not afraid to make big hits and they're quick. They have one of the best kickers around in Sammons.. he's had some misses but i've also watched some next level kicks from him. I now believe if Burg can turn things up a notch on offense (decent notch) we could very well see them in Canton.
Going to have to complete a few passes. I think burgs coaches didn’t want to turn ball over and went for the safe routes. Jones hit a couple stick routes that looked nice.
I think you're right, Burg seems to have taken a safer approach overall this season. They're gonna have to trust QB's arm more, running the ball alone will not advance them.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

No way this game isn't in Chillicothe, it just makes sense.
Attachments
Screenshot_20211114-001314_Maps.jpg

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:15 am No way this game isn't in Chillicothe, it just makes sense.

Should be and Burg takes over the 1 seed with the win tonight.

If you think about it Burg could have scored 28 tonight. The chances were there, they just chose to kick the FG's with one make and one miss.

Keep seeing that HP will be the best team Burg has seen all year. I thought that was supposed to in tonights game. Burg's defense has the players to make the plays when they need to. They shut Ironton down for 3 qtrs tonight. Yeah, I said SHUT THEM DOWN!!!!!!! People complaining about the interceptions Ironton threw tonight but two of them were forced throws because he was getting rushed. The one down near the end zone is the only thing I could figure is he saw the orange helmet because he threw that ball right to the Burg player. The fumbles were both on the RB as they didn't get a good hold on the ball.

Burg knows they have to bring it again but I've said it once and I'll say it again. Every Burg player that steps on to that field believe they are going to win that game that night. They are told it all week and they believe it and then go out and prove it on the field.

Burg will show up and Burg will be prepared. Burg was missing Eric Lattimore on offense and defense and the Boggs kid on defense. Hopefully they will be back next week.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Burg coaches and players need to be enjoying this one tonight and not worry about Prep until Monday. But they’ve been the underdog last 2 weeks and came out on top, so next week won’t be anything they haven’t seen already. Hell they just beat Ironton and their 15 D1 recruits...*

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

This is a rare case where it would just be wiser to put it at Waverly or Jackson, if either school is interested. Equidistance shouldn’t be that much of a consideration given that only a fixed (low) number of people are going to travel in support of HP.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

formerfcfan wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:31 am This is a rare case where it would just be wiser to put it at Waverly or Jackson, if either school is interested. Equidistance shouldn’t be that much of a consideration given that only a fixed (low) number of people are going to travel in support of HP.
No doubt...HP won’t bring 200 fans. Will be a weird atmosphere after the Burg/Ironton game tonight in front of a packed stadium.*

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

formerfcfan wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:31 am This is a rare case where it would just be wiser to put it at Waverly or Jackson, if either school is interested. Equidistance shouldn’t be that much of a consideration given that only a fixed (low) number of people are going to travel in support of HP.

Burg likes Chillicothe though. It has been very good to them over the last few years. Jackson , not so much. I believe Burg has a losing record there, especially in the playoffs!!

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:05 am

Burg likes Chillicothe though. It has been very good to them over the last few years. Jackson , not so much. I believe Burg has a losing record there, especially in the playoffs!!
It's going to be in Nelsonville

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
SciotoCfootball
Varsity

vladimir wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:23 am

That would be really annoying with Chillicothe being the most logical option.. maybe Jackson since Harvest Prep will have way less fans than Burg but Nelsonville?? Also with Burg beating #1 seed do they claim that seed or is it based of initial seeds?

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:56 am

That would be really annoying with Chillicothe being the most logical option.. maybe Jackson since Harvest Prep will have way less fans than Burg but Nelsonville?? Also with Burg beating #1 seed do they claim that seed or is it based of initial seeds?
I was joking! I know the burg faithful hate playing in Nelsonville. I don't blame them.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
SciotoCfootball
Varsity

vladimir wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:41 am

I was joking! I know the burg faithful hate playing in Nelsonville. I don't blame them.
Had me worried for a sec lol

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Good luck BURG, play disciplined and execute. Anything can happen.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

So from looking at common opponents which I know doesn't mean much, Burg got by Minford and Amanda Clear Creek beat Minford pretty easily in the playoffs 2 weeks ago. HP only beat the Crick 21 to 10. Anything can happen in the playoffs and the Burg is gonna bring it. Guaranteed..Go Pirates and bring home another regional title.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg should take over the number 1 seed now. They SHOULD be the home team for this one and it would be asinine for the OHSAA to put HP on the home side of any stadium. Like was said they will bring maybe 200 fans, if that. I bet they loved that game last night between a Prep score and an Academy school. I bet there might have been 500 people at that game last night.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Talked to someone who has watched Harvest Prep this year and last and they don't think they're as good as they were last season. Speed seems to be their big thing, and noticed a lack of depth. They mentioned coaching can be a little questionable. Well.. Burg is not slow and Burg has outcoached plenty of teams over the years. It was a real quick convo but made me feel a little better about Burg's odds. If speed is the main thing seperating Harvest Prep, that could cost them.. unless they have like several 4.4 players.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:54 am

Burg should take over the number 1 seed now. They SHOULD be the home team for this one and it would be asinine for the OHSAA to put HP on the home side of any stadium. Like was said they will bring maybe 200 fans, if that. I bet they loved that game last night between a Prep score and an Academy school. I bet there might have been 500 people at that game last night.
Even if Burg doesn't take #1 seed I agree they should get home side with having WAY more fans but not so sure OHSAA would do that. Heard Prep only had around 150-200 fans at the game lastnight.. at least there will be plenty of seats for this one.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

vladimir wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:41 am

You are correct there. I really dislike that stadium. I'm not sure Burg has ever won there.

Return to “Football”