Region 23: Regional Final 3. West Jefferson vs 1. Fort Frye

Ff3233
All Conference

Re: Region 23: Regional Final 3. West Jefferson vs 1. Fort Frye

Post by Ff3233 »

Passing in between the hashes has been open against ff. We need to get that fixed. Don't know how WJ is up front but they better be able to block or else the qb will be running for his life. Ff dline is legit. People like to use the transitive property to compare teams, but I don't like doing that. Each are in the regional finals so they both deserve respect. But I feel ff should win by 2tds

bigblue52
Freshman Team

Post by bigblue52 »

Have a feeling this one is close well into the second half but West Jefferson makes a mistake and allows the Cadets to win by 2 scores. For West Jeff to have a chance they will need to keep their QB clean and give him time to see the field. Easier said than done against Fort's front though...

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Keegan Strode SO MLB has been a beast in the playoffs.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye held Barnesville to 9 yards rushing on 21 carries. Also Ian Ellis was 9/9 for 187 yards.

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

Shamrock QB was 10-24 for 151, and had 2 picks per the newspaper.

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

As expected its Fort Frye vs West Jefferson- the 2 best teams in the Region. Do not have a dog in this fight so hope its a good close game. This winner of this game probably gets winner of Springfield Local/Mogadore Winner in the D6 Final 4.

WJfan4life
Freshman Team

Post by WJfan4life »

good luck to our Riders....

Roy Mcavoy
Freshman Team

Post by Roy Mcavoy »

Have they announced where this game is being played at yet?

Greatest 12 in US Open History
91raider97bobcat
JV Team

Post by 91raider97bobcat »

Game is at Logan

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Nice place
Attachments
7AC8BD5B-491E-4021-A1B3-A519924C0427.jpeg

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

This is the first playoff team I give a chance to beat Fort Frye. They are athletic, skilled, and deep.

We'll see how they like getting punched in the mouth for four quarters. If they hold up and win the turnover battle, The Rough Riders can win.

I feel a Fort Frye 14 point win.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

FF’s weakness is what WJ does well, which should make it interesting. Still, I think FF’s scheduling will pay off in this game and they use their physicality to grind it out. If FF can hold the ball and not let WJ get in a rhythm, they win. If they can’t, WJ is good enough to beat them. That said, going with Fort Frye by 10.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

beg003 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:37 pm FF’s weakness is what WJ does well, which should make it interesting. Still, I think FF’s scheduling will pay off in this game and they use their physicality to grind it out. If FF can hold the ball and not let WJ get in a rhythm, they win. If they can’t, WJ is good enough to beat them. That said, going with Fort Frye by 10.
They’ve did well vs the pass lately. I think with a healthy Owen Brown and Eli Johnson and the corners CrazyLegs and Braxton brown they’ll be fine vs the pass

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

EasternDspy wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:53 pm
beg003 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:37 pm FF’s weakness is what WJ does well, which should make it interesting. Still, I think FF’s scheduling will pay off in this game and they use their physicality to grind it out. If FF can hold the ball and not let WJ get in a rhythm, they win. If they can’t, WJ is good enough to beat them. That said, going with Fort Frye by 10.
They’ve did well vs the pass lately. I think with a healthy Owen Brown and Eli Johnson and the corners CrazyLegs and Braxton brown they’ll be fine vs the pass
Understood. Point was this team’s passing game is a step above most D6 teams.

SVTRaptor
Waterboy

Post by SVTRaptor »

FF by 3 scores, they're D will adjust fine to the pass and good luck blocking they're D line, I agree WJ will hang with them for awhile but FF physicality is the difference!

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Barnesville had guys open in the middle and Nelsonville gained yardage the same way. Just because a pass wasn't completed doesn't mean there weren't guys open. Dixon played more olb than Eli last night. Eli didn't get in til late 1st early 2nd q

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Ff3233 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:50 pm
Barnesville had guys open in the middle and Nelsonville gained yardage the same way. Just because a pass wasn't completed doesn't mean there weren't guys open. Dixon played more olb than Eli last night. Eli didn't get in til late 1st early 2nd q

Eli was hurt last week didn’t practice until late in the week that was the game plan for him. He will start this week on strong side.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I know St. Henry beat Coldwater who roughed up Mechanichsburg but something tells me this will be a little tougher than most think. Still think Cadets will pull away late and win by a couple scores. I plan on checking this out since its in my backyard. Cadets get a little preview of the road trip and facility when they make the return trip next year.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

cbolt wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:43 am I know St. Henry beat Coldwater who roughed up Mechanichsburg but something tells me this will be a little tougher than most think. Still think Cadets will pull away late and win by a couple scores. I plan on checking this out since its in my backyard. Cadets get a little preview of the road trip and facility when they make the return trip next year.
That's pretty much what everyone expects. WJ is one of the 8 top teams in D-VI.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Not what some were saying on page 1 but I hope they're right.

Return to “Football”