2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Sportsfan01
JV Team

Re: Trimble Football 2022

Post by Sportsfan01 »

Gray Cat wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:17 am
Roy Mcavoy wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:01 am
Ff3233 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:26 am
Definitely did everything to get out of coming to Beverly. Thought Trimble would be one program that would take the challenge. Guess not
Trimble and Fort have a long term series starting in 2024 week 5 I believe. Why start it 2 years early and in 2 years both teams be looking for week 2 opponents even though they're still playing each other
To be honest, we really thought we'd beat FF last year. I mean we had everyone back from the year before and we thought we could handle everyone on our schedule. But Covid hit so we didn't want to go to VC with a JV team, and then FF just shocked us. Thought we were better than that. As for next year, we need a sure win in the first 5. Couldn't take a chance on going 0-5. FF will be beatable, we think, in a few years so we'll get them back on there. No since in scheduling a sure loss for next year though. That's not how we roll.
So you’re admitting you’re waiting until you think Fort will be down before you get them back on the schedule?

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

Sportsfan01 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:26 am
Trimble and Fort have a long term series starting in 2024 week 5 I believe. Why start it 2 years early and in 2 years both teams be looking for week 2 opponents even though they're still playing each other
To be honest, we really thought we'd beat FF last year. I mean we had everyone back from the year before and we thought we could handle everyone on our schedule. But Covid hit so we didn't want to go to VC with a JV team, and then FF just shocked us. Thought we were better than that. As for next year, we need a sure win in the first 5. Couldn't take a chance on going 0-5. FF will be beatable, we think, in a few years so we'll get them back on there. No since in scheduling a sure loss for next year though. That's not how we roll.
So you’re admitting you’re waiting until you think Fort will be down before you get them back on the schedule?
We can't control how good they are. But we can look at what we have coming and decide who we want to schedule based on that. No reason to play someone you know you can't beat. That's for teams that play us to do, but not us. We're smarter than that.

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

Yes, they're dodging them right now. There, I said it. :mrgreen:

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

VC wants to play Thimbl to but we seem to be suffering from the duck and dodge strategy of Thimble sports.

Disklaimer: These here thoughts are my opinions. Dont mean too hurt nobodies feelins. Are we still able to state opinions on here without unfair retribution from certain folkes?
Chuck Taylor
Riding the Bench

Post by Chuck Taylor »

Kenny Bixx wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:46 pm VC wants to play Thimbl to but we seem to be suffering from the duck and dodge strategy of Thimble sports.
Is that anything the like the cut and run, or the duck and chuck? :lol:

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

Kenny Bixx wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:46 pm VC wants to play Thimbl to but we seem to be suffering from the duck and dodge strategy of Thimble sports.
They ducked and dodged FH in basketball until after the tourney draw. Someone said on the girls thread that they ducking and dodging the VC girls in bball too. They are getting good with that strategy to preserve a good record. :lol:

BRING BACK The used car salesman/part time football manager!
Sportsfan01
JV Team

Post by Sportsfan01 »

Gray Cat wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:00 am

We can't control how good they are. But we can look at what we have coming and decide who we want to schedule based on that. No reason to play someone you know you can't beat. That's for teams that play us to do, but not us. We're smarter than that.
So based on this philosophy the other TVC schools should stop playing you until they think they can beat you and now you don’t have anyone on your schedule.

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

Sportsfan01 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:32 pm
Gray Cat wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:00 am

So based on this philosophy the other TVC schools should stop playing you until they think they can beat you and now you don’t have anyone on your schedule.
They can't do that because we're in the same league. Hardly any of them will ever be able to beat us anyway. But you get my point I see. :idea:

Ballin10
Freshman Team

Post by Ballin10 »

The Ultimate Lancer wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:28 pm
They ducked and dodged FH in basketball until after the tourney draw. Someone said on the girls thread that they ducking and dodging the VC girls in bball too. They are getting good with that strategy to preserve a good record. :lol:
:mrgreen:

Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

Ballin10 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:51 am
The Ultimate Lancer wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:28 pm
:mrgreen:
Don't forget they ducked and dodged Fort Frye in football. :o

Celebrating wins over the most hated.
redrocket
Riding the Bench
Location: Along the river where the shotgun protects my humble abode 4 notes a week. You guess which four.

Post by redrocket »

I will never forget the time we had you boys beat and then our TB fumbled on th eone yard line.

Return to “Football”