Wellston Football

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Wellston Football

Post by Ironman92 »

Why would they want a PE teacher to teach elementary math?

Harvey Wells
Waterboy

Post by Harvey Wells »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:59 pm Why would they want a PE teacher to teach elementary math?
Back when I made the town, we only had two teachers for everything and one was the football coach. Does this guy not know how to add and subtract? Sounds like he’d make a good coach.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:59 pm Why would they want a PE teacher to teach elementary math?
Better question, why wasn’t this talked about 6 weeks ago before the two reached an agreement? Something is missing here.

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

The only winner here is the kid who gets to stay at Jackson

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

I heard he was promised one job and when it came down to it wellston switched up and offered him a job that would make it hard for him to make it to practices and things like that. So he said no thank you.

RocketDad77
Waterboy

Post by RocketDad77 »

Don't think anyone is surprised that Wellston's Schools board screwed something up or made a promise about something they don't really have control over because they think they are almighty. A school board is supposed to approve policy and a be involved in super/administrator hires while principals and ADS are responsible for school personel. But wellston's wants to try and run everything, its no wonder people leave and others don't want to join the community

Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

Probably because he doesn't have a PE teaching license but he does have an elementary teaching license.

Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:49 pm It wasn't the Vinton County guy that MESSED this up. This particular Vinton County guy (me) wondered why he wanted the job anyway? As I stated before, Wellstonites always seemed to get in their own way. As I heard it, the Vinton County guy was promised a teaching job that would be conducive to building a football program, you know, being available for strength and conditioning, game planning, facility management, and of course, practicing. However, the Vinton County guy was not offered that position. They simply baited and switched him. So, as incoming football coach, how could you be comfortable in taking a position that wasn't promised? That is not a great way to begin a new program. Heck...even a Vinton County guy could see that. :roll: :lol:
I realize that you run the VC district and are all knowing about what goes on there but didn't realize you hold the same position in the Wellston district. You sure must be busy. Are you "embarrassed" by one of the districts you run and how they handled this?

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

hsfbfan wrote: What a mess! So glad my son was lucky enough to play his Senior season for coach Smith. I predict that if Yates is in fact resigning that if he wants it they’ll give it to Phillips again. And we all know how well that went the first time./quote]

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

How about ole "Dutch"? If he's still around he did a pretty solid job the first time. Maybe he will bail them out. Might just be the shot in the arm they need at this point.

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ground Buck wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:28 am How about ole "Dutch"? If he's still around he did a pretty solid job the first time. Maybe he will bail them out. Might just be the shot in the arm they need at this point.
He was the last guy to beat Jackson. Definitely would be a good find on such short notice.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Billy Brave wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:53 am
hawkeyepierce wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:49 pm It wasn't the Vinton County guy that MESSED this up. This particular Vinton County guy (me) wondered why he wanted the job anyway? As I stated before, Wellstonites always seemed to get in their own way. As I heard it, the Vinton County guy was promised a teaching job that would be conducive to building a football program, you know, being available for strength and conditioning, game planning, facility management, and of course, practicing. However, the Vinton County guy was not offered that position. They simply baited and switched him. So, as incoming football coach, how could you be comfortable in taking a position that wasn't promised? That is not a great way to begin a new program. Heck...even a Vinton County guy could see that. :roll: :lol:
I realize that you run the VC district and are all knowing about what goes on there but didn't realize you hold the same position in the Wellston district. You sure must be busy. Are you "embarrassed" by one of the districts you run and how they handled this?
I don't run anything. I just talk and listen to people. It is called having conversations. I know in the age of the smartphone, conversations are rare, but they do exist. I am not "embarrassed," however, I feel empathy and sadness for the kids that have worked real hard to begin something that was all shiny and new, and the excitement that comes from having it.

Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:59 am
I don't run anything. I just talk and listen to people. It is called having conversations. I know in the age of the smartphone, conversations are rare, but they do exist. I am not "embarrassed," however, I feel empathy and sadness for the kids that have worked real hard to begin something that was all shiny and new, and the excitement that comes from having it.
Oh, well with the way you have posted in the past I figured you knew all the ins and outs, but I see now it looks like you get one side of the story and then post it as the facts.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Billy Brave wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:50 am
Probably because he doesn't have a PE teaching license but he does have an elementary teaching license.
He doesn’t have a PE license?

Regardless of what he has there sounds like a decent lack of communication in the process.

Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:25 pm

Regardless of what he has their sounds like a decent lack of communication in the process.
He doesn't have a PE license. He has an elementary license.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Billy Brave wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:27 pm

Regardless of what he has their sounds like a decent lack of communication in the process.
How is Wellston supposed to give him a HS job if he can only teach elementary? This wasn’t a dealbreaker when he coached at VC years ago. I wouldn’t see why he couldn’t have a dedicated assistant to run the weight program until 4 or whenever he gets there. It just doesn’t add up to me.

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:59 am
It doesnt seem to be a good idea to have the Superintendent and/or board president on here explaining things. Hawkeye needs to forfeit his account to avoid future embarrassment. Just run your school man.

The BEST thing about people from Wellston is that they have JACKSON on their license plates!
Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

Dundas wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:19 pm

How is Wellston supposed to give him a HS job if he can only teach elementary? This wasn’t a dealbreaker when he coached at VC years ago. I wouldn’t see why he couldn’t have a dedicated assistant to run the weight program until 4 or whenever he gets there. It just doesn’t add up to me.
Good questions. I smell an excuse.

21bwc
Waterboy

Post by 21bwc »

Does any of that matter now? The kids lose and it looks like a dumpster fire from the outside looking in! I feel bad for everyone involved

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Dundas wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:19 pm

Sounds like wellston told him they would give him a HS job and then at the last minute said no this is all we have. You can’t be a head football varsity coach and be running late to practices all the time. That’s not fair to the players or the assistants. But whatever the deal is it’s definitely not a good look for anyone involved. Seems like a clown show

Return to “Football”