Columbus school teachers on strike. Do games go on as scheduled?

Big Blue Nation
Waterboy

Re: Columbus school teachers on strike. Do games go on as scheduled?

Post by Big Blue Nation »

PurplePower wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:05 am
carbon_dated wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:51 pm thanks formerfcfan,
Wasn't sure the protocol but I bet those kids with D-1 offers (and I'm sure there's a lot of them in Columbus) are sweating this out.
Shame for the cheerleaders, bands and boosters.
Its also a shame for the teachers. Teachers are underappreciated, underpaid, and direspected in todays society. Its a shame they have to go on strike to be treated close to fairly. While I agree that I hate to see kids miss out on opportunities, I doubt anyone loses a D1 offer because their school distrioct was on strike. This wont last long. Kids will be back on the field soon.
AMEN, BROTHER!!!!

Big Blue Nation
Waterboy

Re: Columbus school teachers on strike. Do games go on as scheduled?

Post by Big Blue Nation »

BCBobcat wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:36 am Its also a shame for the teachers. Teachers are underappreciated, underpaid, and direspected in todays society. Its a shame they have to go on strike to be treated close to fairly. While I agree that I hate to see kids miss out on opportunities, I doubt anyone loses a D1 offer because their school distrioct was on strike. This wont last long. Kids will be back on the field soon.

Purple Power-----One of the dumbest posts ever----these kids didnt vote to go on strike, While I dont disagree that teachers are underpaid---they chose this profession and knew the pay going in. It is NOT about getting D-1 Scholarships, it is about everything that these kids are missing --on the heals of COVID and the dumba-- things that brought on---just gotta feel for these Sr's . Great job CCS BOE and Teachers,
NO …. This is one of the dumbest posts ever!!

Return to “Football”