GRIDIRON CLASSIC @ IRONTON 2022

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Re: GRIDIRON CLASSIC @ IRONTON

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:27 pm I noticed leading up to this event, many Ironton fans almost acting angry that other schools were part of this event saying things like "i refuse to go to anything but our game" and seemingly begrudging the bigger picture of what the event is and what an incredible opportunity it represents for the community as well as for the school. I seen some also angry that some of the other programs are private/catholic and it reminded me of the days as a child, hearing adults from Ironton repeat catholic slurs about St Joe. At any rate, I'm gonna avoid going on any further of a rant about that, but I just find it so incredibly unfortunate when a small town and region with such limited opportunity works hard to create such huge opportunity, only for that growth to be begrudged by their own community members in some cases for seemingly no or very weird reasons. And then in many instances, it is the exact same people who will say "we have nothing here" in the same breath. I just find it so unfortunate and very dissapointing. That said, I know the large majority of the community supports the event and any closed minded negativity is not coming from the youth. Great event. Also very happy to hear there are plans for this to be an annual event.

One of the most rewarding aspects of time is, it helps to gradually diminish any old negative ideas to make way for new, fresh ideas and opportunity for this region and this community.

Great event.

Way to go Buckeyes on todays W. Handled business, and let's go Tigers tonight. Also good luck to all atheletes involved today.
I can only speak directly for myself & 6-7 others around the usa who are IronTon Alum, ALL WATCHING, & ALL PRO GRID IRON CLASSIC.

We are in FL, CA(2), IN, AZ, & MO. KY & want nothing but success for the classic & although we do not reside in Ironton, would not condone any small minded talk like that.

We want the best for the community & area & are excited to support it in anyway we can!!!

WE support the growth and positive future this classic can bring to the area!

#GoTgo

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

Just went by the stadium a very good crowd is there.
This is a great event and I hope Ironton builds from this and it becomes a annual event.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Anyone just showing up missed a heck of a game, ready for the next one. All I’ve heard so far is how great of an atmosphere it is at the Tank. Great job to everyone involved in putting this event on.

Go Fighting Tigers……..

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Some (hopefully) constructive criticism on this event and for future iterations…

If the event is going to be three games on a Saturday, it should be three specific billings: NATIONAL, a marquee Ohio team vs a good non-regional; REGIONAL, a tier-2 Ohio program (a la Columbus DeSales) vs a (decently-)strong Charleston area AAA/AA program (e.g. GW, South Charleston, Hurricane?); LOCAL, Ironton vs whoever makes sense.

I think Moeller/OLGC and Ironton/JC are great matchups. They both wed two great games together, and fit the intents & purposes of having an event like this.

Benedictine/DeMatha will not a be a great game, and that’s not the fault of the organizers — I get how it came about. It just fundamentally is at odds with quality, practicality and profitability: there’s a limited number of Ohio teams who could conceivably play with a team like DeMatha, and that limited number would be from the “Marquee” pool of Ohio schools.

It’s still a solid event. It just needs to form a concrete identity as to the “who” and the “why.”

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Businesses are loving this as it is bringing major $$$ to Ironton businesses. If successful after a couple years could this be a 2 day event?

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

formerfcfan wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:19 pm Some (hopefully) constructive criticism on this event and for future iterations…

If the event is going to be three games on a Saturday, it should be three specific billings: NATIONAL, a marquee Ohio team vs a good non-regional; REGIONAL, a tier-2 Ohio program (a la Columbus DeSales) vs a (decently-)strong Charleston area AAA/AA program (e.g. GW, South Charleston, Hurricane?); LOCAL, Ironton vs whoever makes sense.

I think Moeller/OLGC and Ironton/JC are great matchups. They both wed two great games together, and fit the intents & purposes of having an event like this.

Benedictine/DeMatha will not a be a great game, and that’s not the fault of the organizers — I get how it came about. It just fundamentally is at odds with quality, practicality and profitability: there’s a limited number of Ohio teams who could conceivably play with a team like DeMatha, and that limited number would be from the “Marquee” pool of Ohio schools.

It’s still a solid event. It just needs to form a concrete identity as to the “who” and the “why.”
Understandable & solid advice.

This was brainstormed & organized very quickly & those involved are quite capable to structure & maximize the potential moving forward…

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Post by soggybottomtopper »

Fantastic Event! You would be hard pressed to find a better one ANYWHERE! I am all in!

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Does anyone have a link to view?

Nothing but upsides for an event like this in our region

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

I guess jc doesnt punt often. Haha

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

JCs punt team suck

7-0. Ironton

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

8k people at the game

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

What were the final scores of the first two games?

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Some hittin going on by irontons D

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

7-7

JC POUNDED the ball for the score. No passes!

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Bomb to perkins at the 23

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Ironton running a spread down to the 2. 35 seconds till half

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

13- 7 ironton.

Blocked xpt

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

This full home side of TANK was what i always saw during my high school years.

SRO!

Keep Tough Tigers!

Good team in JC!!!!

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Was such a great event

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mikepike
All State