28/13

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
beg003
All Conference

Re: WK8 Cambridge - Warren

Post by beg003 »

Cambridge - 28
Warren - 13

Like I thought, it was a competitive game. Cambridge shot themselves in the foot all night with penalties but our defense only gave up two first downs in the second half to a good offense, plus picked off their qb twice with 3 sophomores and a freshman in the defensive backfield. Their defense played better than I anticipated and #1 is a stud at WR. However, encouraging to see us not fold at halftime and make this a good game. Two very winnable games to finish out the year and end the season with some momentum.

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

Post by Notsofastmyfriend »

beg003 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:27 pm Cambridge - 28
Warren - 13

Like I thought, it was a competitive game. Cambridge shot themselves in the foot all night with penalties but our defense only gave up two first downs in the second half to a good offense, plus picked off their qb twice with 3 sophomores and a freshman in the defensive backfield. Their defense played better than I anticipated and #1 is a stud at WR. However, encouraging to see us not fold at halftime and make this a good game. Two very winnable games to finish out the year and end the season with some momentum.
I watched this game on YouTube and didn’t see much “competition”. However, I did see Cambridge commit 16 penalties and turn the ball over 3 times (1 pick in the endzone). Still won by 2 TDs and had a receiver with more receiving yards than Warren had total offense. The Cambridge QB had 350+ and had 5-10 seconds to throw all night. Warren tried a new power offensive package that was held to under 80 yards rushing with 30+ carries too.. (12 yards on a fake punt). Might want to build a line before trying that again.

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

Notsofastmyfriend wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:50 am
beg003 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:27 pm Cambridge - 28
Warren - 13

I watched this game on YouTube and didn’t see much “competition”. However, I did see Cambridge commit 16 penalties and turn the ball over 3 times (1 pick in the endzone). Still won by 2 TDs and had a receiver with more receiving yards than Warren had total offense. The Cambridge QB had 350+ and had 5-10 seconds to throw all night. Warren tried a new power offensive package that was held to under 80 yards rushing with 30+ carries too.. (12 yards on a fake punt). Might want to build a line before trying that again.
The final score led you to believe it was a ‘competitive’ game.

I wasn’t surprised that Warren tried to run based on Cambridge’s run defense. What I was surprised about was the ineffectiveness of their passing game. Just throwing bombs every play..just didn’t make sense to me.

Cambridge did not play well again..can’t make bad decisions through the air and can’t have 16 penalties!

Return to “Football”