Round 3- #6. Wheelersburg (9-3) Vs # 2. Harvest Prep (12-0)

RBH23
S

Re: Round 3. Wheelersburg v Harvest Prep

Post by RBH23 »

TigerBob wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:16 pm Harvest Prep is the favorite here, but the West Muskingum game was more of a struggle than it should have been. They don’t seem to be peaking, their best wins and games of the year were early in the season.

Wheelersburg looked like world beaters during SOC play until the final 2 weeks of the year. Then great vs. Heath and average for a half tonight.

If good Wheelersburg shows up, I could see them controlling the line and grinding out a 2 score win. If bad Wheelersburg shows up, I could see them losing 31-7.

Like I said, I think Harvest Prep is the deserved favorite here, but they aren’t unbeatable.
That sounds about right.

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

honestly after reading this thread, I just don’t know how harvest prep or ironton keeps these games close. Burg and West are the superior teams!
at first glance and after reading these threads…
west 28
ironton 13

burg 70
harvest prep 14

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Paulcrew wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:27 pm honestly after reading this thread, I just don’t know how harvest prep or ironton keeps these games close. Burg and West are the superior teams!
west 28
ironton 13

burg 70
harvest prep 14

You’re still a troll aren’t you! What in this thread gives you the impression Burg and West are going to roll HP and Ironton?

Oh wait, I get it. It’s because you all got your azz handed to you by a far inferior team last year in this game.

Go away troll!!
Last edited by yabbadabbadoo on Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Paulcrew wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:27 pm honestly after reading this thread, I just don’t know how harvest prep or ironton keeps these games close. Burg and West are the superior teams!
west 28
ironton 13

burg 70
harvest prep 14
Obviously you didn’t read these posts or simply are unable to comprehend what the posts say.

Nearly everyone has stated “HP is the favorite to win” but also that Burg has a chance. No one is saying Burg is the favorite.

How you took that from these posts is a mystery.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:36 pm
west 28
ironton 13

burg 70
harvest prep 14
Obviously you didn’t read these posts or simply are unable to comprehend what the posts say.

Nearly everyone has stated “HP is the favorite to win” but also that Burg has a chance. No one is saying Burg is the favorite.

How you took that from these posts is a mystery.

Because he remembers what happened in this game last year when that fan base overlooked an inferior team like Burg!!! This way when both Burg and West win he can come back and say, “see! I told you all!”

Oldtimer55
Riding the Bench

Post by Oldtimer55 »

Any specifics on Harvest Prep? Burg played them tough in the regional final last year losing 20-17. HP had a D1 running back that was a senior and they also had a 6’9 300 pound tackle that Was a senior I think ( and hope). And yes excellent team speed!

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

west 28
ironton 13

burg 70
harvest prep 14
Ironton posters wanting everyone to bend the knee for them. 😂😂. Nobody saying Ironton and Harvest Prep not the favorites next week. Just that Burg and West will have a shot.*

Kirtland80
All State

Re: Round 3- #6. Wheelersburg (9-3) Vs # 2. Harvest Prep (12-0)

Post by Kirtland80 »

I will take harvest prep in this one. 35-14

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

As a Tiger fan I would love to see Burg get the win. I think Burgs D can slow down HP but the Burgs O needs to put up some points. 31-28 Burg with the fg late to win it

CAT22
Riding the Bench

Post by CAT22 »

24-21 Burg

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Good luck Pirates in your Regional Semifinal matchup against Harvest Prep.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Oldtimer55 wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:51 pm Any specifics on Harvest Prep? Burg played them tough in the regional final last year losing 20-17. HP had a D1 running back that was a senior and they also had a 6’9 300 pound tackle that Was a senior I think ( and hope). And yes excellent team speed!
Hard to say you have to remember HP loses guys like that they just go look at other teams rosters and offer them tuition to come play at HP, so it's not that same as say a Burg losing seniors like that.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Having just played last season I'm sure both teams will have learned a lot about one another from that game and if memory serves HP was able to pull off the win more so in the 2nd half. Wasn't this game played at Waverly last year?? Will be rooting for Burg but HP is going to be an uphill battle especially with Burg's struggle to air it out any. HP-21 Burg-14

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Prep is very talented. I’ve seen them in action. Burg will need to shorten the game. Win the turnover battle, and finish drives if they want to advance. They are very capable. Should be a fun one to take in.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Bfan99 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:01 am As a Tiger fan I would love to see Burg get the win. I think Burgs D can slow down HP but the Burgs O needs to put up some points. 31-28 Burg with the fg late to win it
The Burg is averaging 55.5 points per game and giving up 15.5 so far in the playoffs. I'm sure Prep's D is better than either team they just played, but just how many points do you want them to score??
Last edited by Burg_Grad_77 on Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

Burg with the upset
Burg 21
Harvest Prep 13

mohawkfan01
Waterboy

Post by mohawkfan01 »

Burg by 7 to 10

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

If you look at the ranking (#2 vs #6) then HP is the favorite. But if you had watched Harvest Prep last night (online) then you know Wheelersburg is the better team “Right Now”.

Since the game is being placed right now …. Then in my opinion Burg is the clear favorite.

But Wheelersburg coaches, fans, posters, and community are great about bringing the “World Against Us” mentality in an attempt to motivate the team. I’m sure by game time we will have read “HP is the overwhelming favorite and more talented and we will have to be perfect” a 100 times. I’m also sure “They are a private school and they recruit all of Columbus and have all these advantages” will be used to try to paint a narrative that Wheelersburg is a huge underdog. That is so when Burg wins ….. it will be a great upset. Give Wheelersburg credit …… they are very good are painting the narrative that will best serve their situation. Not every community can do that and be believed because a lot of other schools believe what they are saying.

And don’t be surprised if in the middle of the week that there is a “leak” that HP players, coaches, and fans are posting bulletin board material and they disrespecting “The Burg”. Or we might hear that HP fans drove all the way down to Wheelersburg and trashed their field or put up HP signs around town. 😂😂. It is a well know antic by their supporters to help motivate them and build that “World Against Us” mentality.

Right now …. Wheelersburg is the better team. They should win based off the fact their offensive line is more physical than HP defensive line. Yes … HP has speed but they are not as physical. But that’s …. JMO!

Ray Finkle
Waterboy

Post by Ray Finkle »

Oldtimer55 wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:51 pm Any specifics on Harvest Prep? Burg played them tough in the regional final last year losing 20-17. HP had a D1 running back that was a senior and they also had a 6’9 300 pound tackle that Was a senior I think ( and hope). And yes excellent team speed!
Prep is well coached (head coach is coach of the year in MSL) with lots of depth. Their QB (back of the year in MSL) is very talented and experienced. He can throw or run. They run the RPO a lot and do it well. I didn’t watch the game last night, I can only assume they rested a lot of guys. HP will win easily. Only team stopping them will be Ironton or South Range.

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:14 am
Bfan99 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:01 am As a Tiger fan I would love to see Burg get the win. I think Burgs D can slow down HP but the Burgs O needs to put up some points. 31-28 Burg with the fg late to win it
The Burg is averaging 55.5 points per game and giving up 15.5 so far in the playoffs. I'm sure Prep's D is better than either team they just played, but just how many points do you want them to score??
So burg has fixed the offense in the last 2 playoff games? HP will put up points and burg will need atleast 31 to beat them. 3 games ago Burg scored 7pts vs a good west team. Everyone in here knows burgs weakness is the offensive play calling and QB play. I’m not sold it’s fixed already by playing 2 games in the playoffs

Return to “Football”