2023 JACKSON IRONMEN

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2023 JACKSON IRONMEN

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I should have one interview with a Jackson player as one has gotten back to me.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

I see Jackson posted their schedule for this year. Looks like outside of the FAC we have Logan, Ironton, Burg, Ironton, Western Brown, and Ross Hamilton. Anybody know anything about western brown or Ross Hamilton? I have no clue about Ross but western brown is always a game that makes me nervous. Not sure they are as good as they have been the past couple years but they always have the kryptonite for a jackson defense which is to spread it out and throw it around.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironmen34 wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:21 am I see Jackson posted their schedule for this year. Looks like outside of the FAC we have Logan, Ironton, Burg, Ironton, Western Brown, and Ross Hamilton. Anybody know anything about western brown or Ross Hamilton? I have no clue about Ross but western brown is always a game that makes me nervous. Not sure they are as good as they have been the past couple years but they always have the kryptonite for a jackson defense which is to spread it out and throw it around.
No idea about Ross Hamilton but I do believe Western Brown had a ton of losses to graduation. Best QB in the area in Novak multiple WRs 3-4 OL, I don’t see that as the game we’ve come to love and know from those 2 teams this year.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

greygoose wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:14 am
Ironmen34 wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:21 am I see Jackson posted their schedule for this year. Looks like outside of the FAC we have Logan, Ironton, Burg, Ironton, Western Brown, and Ross Hamilton. Anybody know anything about western brown or Ross Hamilton? I have no clue about Ross but western brown is always a game that makes me nervous. Not sure they are as good as they have been the past couple years but they always have the kryptonite for a jackson defense which is to spread it out and throw it around.
No idea about Ross Hamilton but I do believe Western Brown had a ton of losses to graduation. Best QB in the area in Novak multiple WRs 3-4 OL, I don’t see that as the game we’ve come to love and know from those 2 teams this year.
Novak was a fantastic QB. Did he sign anywhere to play college ball?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:18 am
greygoose wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:14 am
Novak was a fantastic QB. Did he sign anywhere to play college ball?
Believe he went to Ashland, no idea what he got he’s one that should’ve landed D1 though. Ashland has a great program though and he could end up doing big things there. He was a fun one to watch those jackson and WB games were classics these last 2 yrs

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Any Jackson people know if a guy named Marty Blackburn? Still helps with junior high football at Jackson? My buddy was mentioning not having seen him in a long time and wondered if he was still coaching.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Ed Ott wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:14 pm Any Jackson people know if a guy named Marty Blackburn? Still helps with junior high football at Jackson? My buddy was mentioning not having seen him in a long time and wondered if he was still coaching.
Marty glassburn? I’m pretty sure he still coaches the 7th grade team. Pretty sure, but don’t hold me to that. He’s been doing it forever it feels like. He’s done a pretty good job all these years

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Looks like there was a 7 on 7 today at Alumni against gallia. Anybody know how that went? I know 7 on 7s don’t really mean much but it does give a little indication on if we are gonna be able to throw it around a bit

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

I was at the 7 on 7. Both teams looked ok for this format. Nothing greatly stood out. The rah rah stuff from the coaches isn’t my thing. A lot of cool out on the field. I’ll guess both teams go 7-3

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Vik wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:55 pm I was at the 7 on 7. Both teams looked ok for this format. Nothing greatly stood out. The rah rah stuff from the coaches isn’t my thing. A lot of cool out on the field. I’ll guess both teams go 7-3
Yeah I don’t like judging any team until I see them in a full contact scrimmage. There’s so many factors that are in a real game that aren’t in 7 on 7’s it almost makes it a completely different thing. Especially jackson. 90% of the time they are gonna win with physical defense and a good run game mixed with timely passes. Spreading out and throwing it every play is pretty much the opposite of what we do

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

How did the Ironmen look in their first scrimmage?

SE0PScommenter
Riding the Bench

Post by SE0PScommenter »

August 10th and only 30 comments?????

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

They look fast beating wellston but they don’t have that anymore

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
JacksonSouthie
Waterboy

Post by JacksonSouthie »

They’re replacing 18 starters which is a lot. I think the biggest question is the OLine and QB. But it’s Jackson so they’ll be tough, especially if the OLine is decent, that running game should be stout with the backs they have.

Return to “Football”