Burg vs Barnesville location?

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Burg vs Barnesville location?

Post by greygoose »

buckeyes05 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:49 am Why all the hate on a game at nelsonville-york? Great facility. We treat y’all great.I grew up in the burg til I was 12. and wouldn’t complain about this location.
It's like that every year if NY host a bigger game, they've got great parking but that's about it. Sorry I was there for the Ironton and Ridgewood game a few years back and it's just not a crowd handling venue. Maybe they've done some upgrades no idea, but everyone was filtered to 1 concession stand, so you best go at the end of the 1st quarter and if you're lucky you'll get back to your seat by the end of the 3rd quarter. All in all I just didn't find it appealing from a visual standpoint in the stands seating was a bit to low for my liking and cut down on the ability to see everything. Seating on the both sides was minimal at best. It was a venue I walked away from saying I'd never go to a game hosted by them again and I haven't, nothing enjoyable about it. Harsh realities but it's the same things said every year especially if hosting later games in the playoffs or larger divisions just doesn't have the capacity.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

buckeyes05 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:49 am Why all the hate on a game at nelsonville-york? Great facility. We treat y’all great.I grew up in the burg til I was 12. and wouldn’t complain about this location.
It’s more the reason we don’t play well.

Buck Nut
Freshman Team

Post by Buck Nut »

It’s just the Burg fans on prep. Everytime we have hosted them, their fans have been very appreciative and nice. I’ve been to every playoff game we have hosted and I’ve never seen a crowd we couldn’t handle.

Go Bucks!!
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

It has nothing to do with the facility but the drive for both fans. Lot of 2 lane driving to get to the stadium and a lot of older people just will not make that drive anymore. The deer are very bad out 140 and 93 for Burg fans. I know the weather played a factor last year in the Burg-Harvest Prep matchup but I had talked to a lot of people from Burg had already said they weren't going regardless of the weather.

Hamilton township or Teays Valley is 95% all 4 lane for both schools. Can you hit a deer on those highways? You sure can but the chance of a head-on collision going to NY is much greater.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

Other than the grill smoke and the lack of restrooms. Not good for a big game and out of the way.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

Groveport built a new facility a couple years ago and Hamilton Township is nice. Lancaster is good but getting back to it is a pain because Lancaster has the world's longest red lights. Good places to eat though. Once off 23 just take 22 straight into town.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

The Nature Boy wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:37 am Groveport built a new facility a couple years ago and Hamilton Township is nice. Lancaster is good but getting back to it is a pain because Lancaster has the world's longest red lights. Good places to eat though. Once off 23 just take 22 straight into town.

Not a fan of Lancaster either. Quite a bit of two lane driving going there also unless you go all the way to Circleville. Going out of Chillicothe is probably worse then going to Nelsonville.

F5fan
Waterboy

Post by F5fan »

How about Joe Burrow Stadium home of the Athens Bulldogs? It’s right off 33 and plenty of food options before the game on East State and Court Street.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

F5fan wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:26 pm How about Joe Burrow Stadium home of the Athens Bulldogs? It’s right off 33 and plenty of food options before the game on East State and Court Street.
Still no good way to get to that whole area for both fans. Still have to travel a lot of two lane roads. You will see a lot of empty seats if this game is played in Athens county.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

The OHSAA doesn’t look at a map of 2 lane roads vs. 4 lane roads when they schedule games.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TigerBob wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:37 pm The OHSAA doesn’t look at a map of 2 lane roads vs. 4 lane roads when they schedule games.
The ohsaa doesn’t do anything right except take money.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

wobycat wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:43 pm
TigerBob wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:37 pm The OHSAA doesn’t look at a map of 2 lane roads vs. 4 lane roads when they schedule games.
I'm sure they have a purpose but darn if I know what it is. The 2 lanes are bad enough but those 4 legged critters are worse. It is as though the powers to be in the big city are naive to the real threat to safety of those students traveling to support their team.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I'm sure they don't but they should because it sure cost them a lot of fans. I can guarantee you that. If this game is at NY I bet a lot of Burg fans will not make that trip. That drive is hard enough for a younger person.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

wobycat wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:43 pm
If it makes sense OHSAA won't do it unless there's cash involved. They're all about student athletes you know...

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Footballfan96
Waterboy

Post by Footballfan96 »

Nelsonville itself is a beautiful town very nice field but it’s not an easy field to get too, limited parking and having to pay to park especially after paying 12 for a ticket limited choices at the concession and staff and all that smoke is choking the track around the field does not give you a good view of the game im sorry n-y but you guys are located in a poor location

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

More talk about location than the actual game. Smh

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Tri_State790 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:35 am More talk about location than the actual game. Smh
have all week to talk about the game :lol:

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:31 pm Boo to that location as well. I don't think Barnesville would be happy with that. 1hr56minutes for them and 1hr33minutes for Burg. Lot of 2 lane driving for both schools to get to there, especially for Barnesville.

If it gets played there then someone is gladhanding the OH$AA some money. That is the worst possible location out of any.

Groveport! Groveport! Groveport!
Burg brought mom and dad last year to Nelsonville, unless you increase your fan base be happy to what you get

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

It’s not that difficult…. NY super is a part of the ohsaa and the SE district board. Athens is not. 😝

Oldtimer55
Riding the Bench

Post by Oldtimer55 »

Hamilton Township it is!

Return to “Football”