New foorball coach at South Point?

Game day
All State

Re: New foorball coach at South Point?

Post by Game day »

I want to make sure this post stays at the top of BOE minds during football season.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

I wanted to make sure this stayed at the top of the South Point BOE.

I have heard nothing about the team yet on here or anywhere else. Did they attend any 7 on 7 camps, how many are out etc.

High Plains Drifter
Freshman Team

Post by High Plains Drifter »

Let it go....they hired someone else....besides, why the hard feelings?

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

I dont think theres hard feelings bro, just some guy makin a point.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

You are right I want to make a point and don't want people to forget how the BOE handled the situation. They handled it so bad that they lost a Very Good Principle over it. I would not be afraid to say the AD maybe gone. I know change happens but when it happens they way it did is wrong.

If it is good how come no one is talking about how the team is progressing!

unclebob
JV Team

Post by unclebob »

First and foremost the boys are practicing hard and I see so much improvement in their attitude and discipline.
We did not lose a great principal. Having one graduate and one still at the hs hearing the stories that he let kids get by with is atrocious. Mrs. Shah is a better replacement.
The AD left because his son in law did not get hired.
A more qualified candidate got the job.
We may be year or two from having a winning season before but as long as the boys play with sportsmanship and respect and don't act like fools I will be pleaded!

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

What the princple let them get by with or was it the BOE and the lack of support. And to say the AD quit because someone did not get a job is incorrect. Also I think you must be on the BOE to support the group. They have caused the SP school to be the laughing stock of the area and the OVC.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Unclebob..spoken like a true board member.If youre not one u should become one!!! Lol..its all jus beatin a dead horse. If u know football at all, u know what happened here.Spoint made themselves look crooked and foolish.Too bad they dont get the opportunity to play last years schedule.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

Once again...Why don'tcha give Coach Marcello a CHANCE? he, and your children, deserve that much. Again, the pointers might not exactly mop up the OVC, but if the prog's improving, that's PROGRESS. After last year's season, you shouldn't expect a world-beater this year, but your boys who are playing this year, along with all their student and faculty supporters, should have YOUR full support this year.

Remember, I'm a Peakie, not a Pointie, but if U have a child in SPHS, I hope U do all U can to make to support his/her school. If U don't like your BOE, vote against the incumbents this November.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Good Point ,no pun intended :122249

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Does anyone in South Point remember this subject? If you do then you will know agree that you made the wrong choice. You have lost ball players to other schools and will finish another year well below expectations.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Let see we finished last in the league and we have the right coach. SP you had a chance to make the right choice but went in a different direction. To the bottom of the league.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Misteroby wrote:Once again...Why don'tcha give Coach Marcello a CHANCE? he, and your children, deserve that much. Again, the pointers might not exactly mop up the OVC, but if the prog's improving, that's PROGRESS. After last year's season, you shouldn't expect a world-beater this year, but your boys who are playing this year, along with all their student and faculty supporters, should have YOUR full support this year.

Remember, I'm a Peakie, not a Pointie, but if U have a child in SPHS, I hope U do all U can to make to support his/her school. If U don't like your BOE, vote against the incumbents this November.
I guess the waiting is over now good luck next year.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

The Point has gone down hill almost as much as the Hill. I can remember when we had some great teams at the Point. I sure wouldn't want to have to undo the damage wrought at either school. Ironton needs to switch leagues fast. I was all for it but it is going to be a downer to play teams you can mutilate.

outsider
Freshman Team

Post by outsider »

When was the coach hired. You should give him about 4 years. By then all the younger kids have had time to know the program by the time they are in high school

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

Time for a new coach............ This guy you have now is a joke like it or not. I know you took him over a lot better coach because he was a Pointer. Now your at the bottom of the OVC in football and you will stay there as long as he is there, you know it I know it and everybody else knows it too. He can't even keep kids out for the sport or keep them from transfer to other schools. You got more and better players setting in the bleachers. Sad sad sad ... Wake up school board or do you not have enough egg on your face yet..

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

This is High School football you don't need four years to start a winning program. It's not like you have to go out and recruit players from all over the country.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

knightruner wrote:Time for a new coach............ This guy you have now is a joke like it or not. I know you took him over a lot better coach because he was a Pointer. Now your at the bottom of the OVC in football and you will stay there as long as he is there, you know it I know it and everybody else knows it too. He can't even keep kids out for the sport or keep them from transfer to other schools. You got more and better players setting in the bleachers. Sad sad sad ... Wake up school board or do you not have enough egg on your face yet..
They like their eggs scrambled :lol:

buckeye_25705
Waterboy

Post by buckeye_25705 »

i hate too say it but im glad its finally over.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Don't you think the quarterback (maybe the best in the OVC) getting hurt in the scrimmage had a little to do with their record?

Return to “Football”