SOC2 Minford (5-1) @ Portsmouth West (5-1)

West Side Pride
All Conference

Re: SOC2 Minford (5-1) @ Portsmouth West (5-1)

Post by West Side Pride »

Pump trucks on hand. You can't be for real. Does Minford have several pump trucks parked
beside the buses, cause we don't. I live by the river also.........so what, that don't mean there
is a easy route from the school to the river. Nice try (whatever that meant)!

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

No pump trucks in Minford. I don't know that that guy is talking about, I guess you could pump it, to where I'm not sure? Will the field be ready by tomorrow? I know west fans don't want to hear this but should it be considered moving the game to Minford? Minford has probably the best draining grass field in the area along with plenty of parking that won't be a mud hole. A similar situation happened a few years ago where we played two years in a row at valley and then two in a row at Minford. Just a thought, we have to have something to debate until tomorrow night. :-D

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

so where is the water going to go its raining now???? and stay around in the morning.. where is the water going to go... ???? :roll: :roll:

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

IRONFALCON wrote:No pump trucks in Minford. I don't know that that guy is talking about, I guess you could pump it, to where I'm not sure? Will the field be ready by tomorrow? I know west fans don't want to hear this but should it be considered moving the game to Minford? Minford has probably the best draining grass field in the area along with plenty of parking that won't be a mud hole. A similar situation happened a few years ago where we played two years in a row at valley and then two in a row at Minford. Just a thought, we have to have something to debate until tomorrow night. :-D

H#LL NO!!! Why the heck would you want to move a game of this much hype away from your home place? I think this question just needs to be put down right now. It's not going to happen, if you was taking a nap just go back to sleep now!

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Cameron34Crazie34 wrote:H#LL NO!!! Why the heck would you want to move a game of this much hype away from your home place? I think this question just needs to be put down right now. It's not going to happen, if you was taking a nap just go back to sleep now!

Of course you don't want to no one would, I just think it's a valid question, especially with more rain moving in tonight. Or if you didn't want to move it to Minford what about playing at portsmouth where seating and parking are a non issue, split the gate and concessions between the schools or something.

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Not happening. End of story. I can't see this happening, not to be smart about it or nothing.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

IRONFALCON wrote:
Cameron34Crazie34 wrote:H#LL NO!!! Why the heck would you want to move a game of this much hype away from your home place? I think this question just needs to be put down right now. It's not going to happen, if you was taking a nap just go back to sleep now!

Of course you don't want to no one would, I just think it's a valid question, especially with more rain moving in tonight. Or if you didn't want to move it to Minford what about playing at portsmouth where seating and parking are a non issue, split the gate and concessions between the schools or something.

hey we will even set up a big tailgate smker for you all
:mrgreen:

should be a good game,I plan on being at the rock to see it.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

I'm not saying it should happen or anything, just thought it was an interesting thought. Let's hope rain stops at sunrise and there's a steady 30 mph wind blowing on the west side tomorrow with full sun on the field.

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

I seen you guys down at the Portsmouth game when we played you guys. I was going to stop by but I don't know you guys so I didn't stop. :lol:

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Cameron34Crazie34 wrote:I seen you guys down at the Portsmouth game when we played you guys. I was going to stop by but I don't know you guys so I didn't stop. :lol:

hey we welcome everyone you should have came on over......we used to have a guy named Mcnutt " gary" come eat with us all the time, but he got out of hand so we stopped inviting him :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol:

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Pretty good guy though.. :lol: Yea one of by buddies that's a Portsmouth poster showed me who all you guys was.

bushmaster24
JV Team

Post by bushmaster24 »

if parking is 1 ft underwater now and raining now.. move game to p-town ??? like a poster said before were is the water going to go?? i guess it wont be pump out .. might take a ride up the road to seee how the water goes puuuffff!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Tremonti1
Riding the Bench

Post by Tremonti1 »

Go Big Red.
Last edited by Tremonti1 on Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Man this thread is getting filled with comedians :roll:

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I did talk to a guy that was from west at our game tonight, he said the entire parking lot was under water, good move to change the game.

Im sure if they had not changed it, there would be some unhapy people complaining about wading through a foot of water to get to the field.

Tremonti1
Riding the Bench

Post by Tremonti1 »

Cameron34Crazie34 wrote:Man this thread is getting filled with comedians :roll:

i think its more sarcasm than comical. i prolly shouldn't have took it that far.

But hey, should be a good game tho. Gives both teams an extra to prepare and focus. i'll take the falcons by a td. could be a high or low scoring ball game. both have weapons on the offense. will let the kids decide.

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

West Side Pride wrote:Pump the parking lot out? Out where? Its the lowest spot in a 300 acre field.
.............That's why it's flooded!

Who in their right mind would put a football field in the lowest spot of a 300 acre field, next to the Nations second biggest river?? That really makes alot of sense. I know last year, when The Burg played there, the parking lot was like a river running through it. Should have stayed on top of the Hill, where they belong.

Move the game to Minford, and we could give them half of the money from the gate. It will probably be a big crowd, that will make it even.

Go Falcons!!!

F-4 Phantom
Varsity

Post by F-4 Phantom »

Move it to Portsmouth and play on turf. If the concern was parking yesterday, that doesn't go away today. No way is the field parking dry enough to prevent cars from sinking up to their axles.

SSU Grad
Riding the Bench

Post by SSU Grad »

Move it to Saturday and play it a West. Now there's a GREAT IDEA. Where does it say that HS football has to be played on Friday night? About 10 - 15 % of the schools in Ohio play on Saturday. Some even play on Thursday to accommodate TV. I just don't see what the big deal is. If you are a true football fan, you should be happy about being about to see more than one game over the weekend.

WestSportsFan
Freshman Team

Post by WestSportsFan »

Bushy Tail Butcher wrote:
West Side Pride wrote:Pump the parking lot out? Out where? Its the lowest spot in a 300 acre field.
.............That's why it's flooded!

Who in their right mind would put a football field in the lowest spot of a 300 acre field, next to the Nations second biggest river?? That really makes alot of sense. I know last year, when The Burg played there, the parking lot was like a river running through it. Should have stayed on top of the Hill, where they belong.

Move the game to Minford, and we could give them half of the money from the gate. It will probably be a big crowd, that will make it even.

Go Falcons!!!

The same person who built a football field too short!!!

Return to “Football”