D5 - Region 19: (#5) Wheelersburg at (#4) Monroe Central

Who advances?

Total votes: 0

Burg#1
JV Team

Re: D5 - Region 19: (#5) Wheelersburg at (#4) Monroe Central

Post by Burg#1 »

siderman wrote:I'm not sure of that situation, but don't you have the choice of the ball or which goal to defend? In a very windy situation where your defense is excellent, maybe you would do this. Either way I think that's what the ref asks you. To come out then and kick an onside kick, that makes zero sense and sounds like a mess up.

listening to the replay on the way home from the game the radio announcer for wnxt explained it that if you win the toss and choose to kick then the other team has the option in the second half to make their choice and in this case they decided to recieve the ball. i have never heard of this before. maybe someone can explain it better :-D

burgtown2008
Riding the Bench

Post by burgtown2008 »

I was wondering if last nights game will be replayed on local tv {scioto county] I was at the game but some of the plays need to be seen again.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Watchthezone.com may have been there last night, but I don't know for sure. I didn't notice any cameras, but then again I wasn't really worrying about looking for cameras.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

siderman wrote:I'm not sure of that situation, but don't you have the choice of the ball or which goal to defend? In a very windy situation where your defense is excellent, maybe you would do this. Either way I think that's what the ref asks you. To come out then and kick an onside kick, that makes zero sense and sounds like a mess up.

Well for one, it wasn't windy at all last night. It was a perfect night for football, no wind, kind of cool, and crystal clear skies. Besides that, neither defense played lights out last night, though the Burgs defense did step and make the play when they needed to and had more defesnsive stops that MC.

A couple other things I forgot to mention in earlier posts. For one, I'd like to say I am really proud of our crowd last night. Very vocal throughtout the game, and regardless of what Neutron Man thinks of crowd noise helping the team, I think hearing such a boisterous crowd really fueled the fire in the Pirates.

Another thing is the onsides kick has to go. It has only worked once or twice this year and it cost us 14 points last night. Put it back in the playbook and leave it there.

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

congratulations to burg. excellent game. the offensive line for wheelersburg gets a game ball in this one. mc just could not stop them. usually if i see a score like this i think the defense was just poor, no tackling, no intensity on defense etc. it was amazing to watch both teams try to stop each other. both teams where flying around and there was definately some intensity out there. the durkis kid (not sure of the spelling) is incredible. not the best passer i have ever seen for sure but that kid was the best athlete and fastest kid on the field. he was doing it all for mc the entire night, and if he doesnt get hurt maybe it , turns out differently. hope its nothing serious and he is ok. i thought losing the big guy on the next play(#71 i think) hurt mc as well. it seemed like when he went down mc really had trouble stopping wheelersburg. i have not seen fredrickstown play this year, dont know much about them but i have a hard time thinking burg will be seeing another team with athletes like mc next week.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
A couple other things I forgot to mention in earlier posts. For one, I'd like to say I am really proud of our crowd last night. Very vocal throughtout the game, and regardless of what Neutron Man thinks of crowd noise helping the team, I think hearing such a boisterous crowd really fueled the fire in the Pirates.

??? Huh??? I Don't recall ever saying that the crowd never played a role in games! All I complained about was Burg's Pass Off and Pass DEF. And I did Have a disagreement with Steely about stuff that should've never been argued about!

Like I posted earlier from the game, I GLADLY ate crow, and Hope that Burg brings its A+ game on OFF like this week. and a little better DEF, cause I really think if the MC QB was not injured it could've been a different story. But maybe not. That QB is a hell of an athlete and not many schools could contain him, no matter how good they are! So I was pleased!

Burg OFF was crazy intense and I loved it!!

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

gahs4ever,
Yep, I do exist and what's wrong with Steelers' stuff? lol.

Glad to see you're posting again. Hope you're doin' well enough to make some tournament games in hoops.

SD,
I should've gone for sure. I was trying to keep up on game at work. Maybe next season.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

CD - I'm sure that one of these days we will meet. I'm not sure how much of the boys hoop circuit I'll hit this winter, but you never know.

You really missed a hell of a game!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Steely Dan, it was great to finally meet you and put a face to the name. I completely forget to tell you about how much I like you user name because they are by far one of my favorite bands, as I'm sure they must be one of yours as well. Donald Fagan is a musical genius.

The game was one of the best high school games I've ever witnessed. Not much defense, but the offenses sure lit it up. I bet the scoreboard has never seen that much action.

MC's QB was everything they advertised and more. If he hadn't gotten hurt in the 3rd quarter we just might be talking about a MC win here instead of a Burg victory. Wheelersburg had no answer for stopping him running the ball. Once he was limited to either handing off or passing they kind of got a handle on him. Congarts to the boys and coaches of Monroe Central on a very fine season and a great game plan. The Burg definitely had their hands full tonight.

Burg - Sorry for not responding to this earlier, but obviously, I was overtaken by football bliss last night (even though MC lost, what a great game!).

Now, about music, yes, I'm an aficianado, so that obviously influenced my choice for a user name on here. LOL!

We will need to have a "brain session" on Steely Dan and their influence on popular music. Seems as though they are polarizing...either you get it, or you don't. Those of us who get it, well..........we are somewhere else when we hear the music. I'll leave it at that! ;-)

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Steely Dan was one of the few bands of the 70's and 80's that I never got a chance to see, mostly because I can't recall them ever being in our area.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

And that, my friend, is because Donald Fagen suffered from stage fright, and his idea of the band changed after album #1. He felt that they could not recreate the studio sound live, so they stopped touring, period.

No tours after 1972, until the late 90's, thus, you, nor I, ever had the chance to seem them live until recently!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I remember reading that somewhere now that you mention it. My uncle saw Donald Fagan a few years back in Nashville I believe and he said he put on a really good show.

Return to “Football”