Columbus Bishop Hartley 51 Wheelersburg 20

Poo Bear
SEOP

Re: WK 2: Wheelersburg @ Columbus Bishop Hartley

Post by Poo Bear »

SiderBlood wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:39 am
Poo Bear wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:36 am
SiderBlood wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:24 am

Kind of simple . Watching Jackson play West lol. Grant it, it was a scrimmage game .
Lol what I figured
I mean I don’t know what is a better basis than head to head matchups but I may be wrong.
You really think Jackson was trying to win that scrimmage ? That’s just silly sider.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Poo Bear wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:44 am

Lol what I figured
I mean I don’t know what is a better basis than head to head matchups but I may be wrong.
You really think Jackson was trying to win that scrimmage ? That’s just silly sider.
😂 You mean they didn’t try to win scrimmage numero uno? What? 🤯

Burg94
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg94 »

This game is an example of competitive balance at its finest. Truthfully, Hartley does not have that many more boys grades 9-11 than Burg but when the selected ones are that caliber of athlete...CB makes sense. Hartley was very disciplined and well coached. Burg had a few highlights but were otherwise dominated physically. Watterson won tonight so will get another crack at a D3 school in a couple weeks. Still a great Friday night to take in some football. Down 31-6 at half and our fans were loud as ever when we came out to the field prior to 3rd quarter. Great community no matter the situation. Burg will be "OK The Rest of The Way" Take care of the next 8 weeks and the "Ed" will be rockin' week 11. Go Burg

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

victor creed wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:42 am congratulations to Hartley they played an outstanding game tonite. Extremely talented. And easily the best team wheelersburg will see all year imho. We may see that physicality but with that kind of speed combined. Wheelersburg never quit and I though we actually outplayed the the 2nd half until the 2 pic 6 throws with under 5 min when the game was basically out of reach. We will be much better for this game I think e came out of it healthy which is huge. Get ready for next week. Good luck to Hartley going forward. Talked to a few of their fans at the game. Really respectful and knowledgeable fans. And we're complimentary of our program. Hope they win it all this year and maybe we see them in canton if it works out. We got a little work to do but it's possible
Well said.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Props to Burg !
Good effort !

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Next week I believe will be a showing out party. I would be surprised if they don’t take shots early and often. These boys need to get their swag back. Next week TBH I could see them putting up 28 in the 1st quarter. All it takes is one play with precision. They are going to focus in this week and leave no doubt. I didn’t get to watch the game. But I listened to every second. The second half the Defense played lights out. Stopping Hartley after the onside kick. Forcing the FG. HUGE. They hit harder. From the sounds of it #32 coulda been charged with assault when he hit the BH QB. Dahm played well in the second half. He became more aggressive as well. Donini got tougher to deal with for Hartley. That’s what I gathered from tonight. They stepped it up and didn’t quit. Desperation throws near the end made it worse than it was. Nonetheless, I think we have a lot to build on. Hartley played nearly perfect football for 4 quarters. That’s why they beat us.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Lol what I figured
Two teams not showing a whole lot in a scrimmage . Not crazy. Evaluating talent , schemes ,and personel? not so crazy in a scrimmage . Saying another team is slightly better than another , that can be validated by a score? That has to be just a silly sider talking. Crazy

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

SiderBlood wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:14 am

Two teams not showing a whole lot in a scrimmage . Not crazy. Evaluating talent , schemes ,and personel? not so crazy in a scrimmage . Saying another team is slightly better than another , that can be validated by a score? That has to be just a silly sider talking. Crazy
[/quot

🤦‍♂️ smh

123xxx
Freshman Team

Post by 123xxx »

Can’t stand the talk of regional playoff matchups and what a teams record will be after ten weeks, just focus on film this weekend and practice on Monday...getting better each day. “One game at a time.” Guess that’s why they call those folks fan-atics.

On another note, nice to see a local squad challenge themselves to play perennial powerhouse that is always a very tough, well-coached, and talented team. Lots of lessons to be learned against such a spectacular Hartley team.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

123xxx wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:01 am Can’t stand the talk of regional playoff matchups and what a teams record will be after ten weeks, just focus on film this weekend and practice on Monday...getting better each day. “One game at a time.” Guess that’s why they call those folks fan-atics.

On another note, nice to see a local squad challenge themselves to play perennial powerhouse that is always a very tough, well-coached, and talented team. Lots of lessons to be learned against such a spectacular Hartley team.
We are just fans. We don’t coach, we don’t play. We talk about the season and give our opinions. That’s the lay of the land here in SEOPS country.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

this will not affect burg that badly in the playoff race. it will be a learning experience from a superior team. no harm in gauging yourself against monsters like this. and with the depth burg has, this was a game where in a loss, a lot can still be learned. I remember the last time ironton played Hartley, we beat them in the regular season, and they beat us at logan in a state semi final. we simply could not wrap up this young man who went on to play at Indiana as a running back. as I always say, sometimes you're the windshield, some days you're the bug.
burg will shake this off and destroy their next opponent.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Sounds like from Burg posts that Hartley was Bigger, Faster,Stronger. As I predicted.
Those kids are grown *** men!

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Proud of the burg kids. No quit in them and they battled back. Took burg awhile to adjust to Harley’s speed but I thought they did. Thought the burg played more physical this week than in week 1. Hartley is a monster. Good showing burg. Feel better about burg after week 2 than I did in week 1.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I got to take this one in. Hartley was very disciplined overall, and you wouldnt see too many guys out of position often.

The most impressive thing about Wheelersburg to me was they come out of the half, Hartley recovers a pooch kick scramble and immediately tacks on a FG to make it 34-6 and in almost everyones mind(except Burg) were thinking this could turn into a running clock pretty quick. The Pirates then Turned it on and had 14 unanswered to make it a little bit of a a ballgame. I was standing with a guy from Hartley in the endzone, and we kept talking about how those kids never quit.

The community support was outstanding as well....playiff atmosphere in the last week of August.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:31 am Sounds like from Burg posts that Hartley was Bigger, Faster,Stronger. As I predicted.
You didn’t predict anything. You assumed

Hartley was bigger and faster overall. But they weren’t stronger. Burg put up some offensive yards and held them quite a few times defensively. Problem was they had so many explosive kids. Case in point, the fake 60 yard punt for td.

I’d say they were very athletic. Closing speed was off the charts.

Hartley will have problems with better d3 teams. Eventually they are going to have be disciplined to win. They didn’t show that.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

coop wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:00 am I got to take this one in. Hartley was very disciplined overall, and you wouldnt see too many guys out of position often.

The most impressive thing about Wheelersburg to me was they come out of the half, Hartley recovers a pooch kick scramble and immediately tacks on a FG to make it 34-6 and in almost everyones mind(except Burg) were thinking this could turn into a running clock pretty quick. The Pirates then Turned it on and had 14 unanswered to make it a little bit of a a ballgame. I was standing with a guy from Hartley in the endzone, and we kept talking about how those kids never quit.

The community support was outstanding as well....playiff atmosphere in the last week of August.
Coop have to disagree on the discipline part. I just think they were so fast and athletic that it made them look like they were disciplined but there were times they were out of position but the closing speed was unreal. Just my take.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:38 am
old benchwarmer wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:29 am
FANOSPORTS wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:28 pm It's gonna be nice to see a regional re-match of last year in the playoffs later this year between Burg and Middletown Madison . That was a slobber knocker but there should be a lot of points put up this year. (Just my prediction)
I realize that Wheelerburg usually makes the playoffs, with a good number of victories over schools at least their size or larger and that is great. But isn't the above statement a little premature.....besides being a prediction.
Nope as they will both be in the playoffs again. Madison has 2 blowout wins already with tons of returnees from last year and the Burg might possibly lose maybe 1 other game with their schedule IMO. It's gonna happen.
And just who is that loss gonna be too

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

wobycat wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:01 am
CavalierAlum05 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:31 am Sounds like from Burg posts that Hartley was Bigger, Faster,Stronger. As I predicted.

Hartley was bigger and faster overall. But they weren’t stronger. Burg put up some offensive yards and held them quite a few times defensively. Problem was they had so many explosive kids. Case in point, the fake 60 yard punt for td.

Hartley will have problems with better d3 teams. Eventually they are going to have be disciplined to win. They didn’t show that.

Congrats to the Hawks on the win. I do believe Burg played just fine with them and you take away about 4-5 plays, 2 pick 6's, the fumble on the KO and another fumble that gave them a short field and this is a closer game. Both teams were tired late and it showed. Some good hitting going on out there last night. The hurry up really was hurting Hartley as they had to call a TO to catch there breaths

Burg will be fine the rest of the way. the o-line really stepped up last night and gave Trent plenty of time to throw. Lot of the sacks were coverage sacks and Trent just needs to learn to throw the ball away in that situation. Shouldn't be taking big losses when there is no one open.

The 60 yard fake punt was a HUGE play as Burg had the momentum and had them on the ropes and was wearing them down. The bad thing with that play was there was big hold, let me rephrase that, a HUGE tackle by the Hartley outside guy that kept the Burg defender from making the play, which he would have as he we heading right at the runner.

Sure they kept Holden out of the endzone, but they really had no one to cover him and he was able to get open quite easily all night. If he got by 24 he would literraly grab Tanner by the back of the jersey and it was called maybe once or twice. A guy on here had said that Hartley defenders are very "handsy" when it comes to pass defense and as long as you get away with it then why not do it.

Not blaming the refs at all for the Burg loss just thought Hartley got away with alot of holding. There line was huge but very slow and had trouble containing the Burg d-line. If Burg got by they would just grab. It's human nature for kids to do that. If it's not called then why not!!!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:01 am
wobycat wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:01 am

Congrats to the Hawks on the win. I do believe Burg played just fine with them and you take away about 4-5 plays, 2 pick 6's, the fumble on the KO and another fumble that gave them a short field and this is a closer game. Both teams were tired late and it showed. Some good hitting going on out there last night. The hurry up really was hurting Hartley as they had to call a TO to catch there breaths

Burg will be fine the rest of the way. the o-line really stepped up last night and gave Trent plenty of time to throw. Lot of the sacks were coverage sacks and Trent just needs to learn to throw the ball away in that situation. Shouldn't be taking big losses when there is no one open.

The 60 yard fake punt was a HUGE play as Burg had the momentum and had them on the ropes and was wearing them down. The bad thing with that play was there was big hold, let me rephrase that, a HUGE tackle by the Hartley outside guy that kept the Burg defender from making the play, which he would have as he we heading right at the runner.

Sure they kept Holden out of the endzone, but they really had no one to cover him and he was able to get open quite easily all night. If he got by 24 he would literraly grab Tanner by the back of the jersey and it was called maybe once or twice. A guy on here had said that Hartley defenders are very "handsy" when it comes to pass defense and as long as you get away with it then why not do it.

Not blaming the refs at all for the Burg loss just thought Hartley got away with alot of holding. There line was huge but very slow and had trouble containing the Burg d-line. If Burg got by they would just grab. It's human nature for kids to do that. If it's not called then why not!!!

Wow , sounds like wheelersburg was just as good as Hartley .

burgsthebest5
Waterboy

Post by burgsthebest5 »

fbnut wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:56 pm
FalconFan8 wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:10 am Burg is losing big time in this one. Their seniors are too full of them self after winning state. I say the score will be 52-14.
Can always pick out the newbies
As bad as I hate to say it the newbie almost had the score right...

Return to “Football”