Regional Semi: Wood (8-0) Burg (7-1)

Kirtland80
All State

Re: Regional Semi: Wood (8-0) Burg (7-1)

Post by Kirtland80 »

Raycharles wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:14 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:46 pm
DaWoodSoldier wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:27 am

Agree about Wood defense. It’s very very good. I believe many Wood fans tried to tell Burg fans that all week.... But you are wrong about the game with tingle healthy. Burg will never know, but Wood does and so does everyone that’s watched em play. Burg was in for a long night.
Injuries are part of the game, I’m sure both teams have several at this stage in season, but tingle is different type of player/competitor, that’s not even up for debate. Before injury even in very small sample size Wood was simply doing as they pleased and hadn’t even begun to open up the playbook or push ball downfield. It would have been ugly for the burg. You won’t change my mind.
You don’t know that it would have been ugly. You assume it would have been. Roger Bacon, along with their RB Kiner, have killed teams all year. Well Kiner played The whole game and they were lucky to come out of there with a win. Just because you do it to one team doesn’t mean you’re going to do it to the next
If you truly knew so much about HS football like you preach you do. You’d know that we’ve done this all season to everyone did it all last year. Pretty obvious it would happen kid touched the field with a bum shoulder 4 times and we scored 2 of the 4 times. Plus let’s be honest there is nothing to Roger Bacon besides that running back. You stop him you win the game. I don’t think that applies to this situation.
And if you knew anything you’d realize you lost the last season you speak of after doing it all year, just as you will this year. You’re not going to blow out every single opponent

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Raycharles wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:14 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:46 pm
DaWoodSoldier wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:27 am

Agree about Wood defense. It’s very very good. I believe many Wood fans tried to tell Burg fans that all week.... But you are wrong about the game with tingle healthy. Burg will never know, but Wood does and so does everyone that’s watched em play. Burg was in for a long night.
Injuries are part of the game, I’m sure both teams have several at this stage in season, but tingle is different type of player/competitor, that’s not even up for debate. Before injury even in very small sample size Wood was simply doing as they pleased and hadn’t even begun to open up the playbook or push ball downfield. It would have been ugly for the burg. You won’t change my mind.
You don’t know that it would have been ugly. You assume it would have been. Roger Bacon, along with their RB Kiner, have killed teams all year. Well Kiner played The whole game and they were lucky to come out of there with a win. Just because you do it to one team doesn’t mean you’re going to do it to the next
If you truly knew so much about HS football like you preach you do. You’d know that we’ve done this all season to everyone did it all last year. Pretty obvious it would happen kid touched the field with a bum shoulder 4 times and we scored 2 of the 4 times. Plus let’s be honest there is nothing to Roger Bacon besides that running back. You stop him you win the game. I don’t think that applies to this situation.
If you truly believe you can do it every game, I invite you guys up whenever

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

They need to stick Wood in the MAC for one season. Let their fans get a taste of reality

6O HORN3TS 🐝
PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:31 pm They need to stick Wood in the MAC for one season. Let their fans get a taste of reality
Somebody hit a nerve ...

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:37 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:31 pm They need to stick Wood in the MAC for one season. Let their fans get a taste of reality
Somebody hit a nerve ...
West Lafayette needs renamed to fantasy land Ohio. I know one thing for sure. No one can ever argue that Ray Charles isn’t blind

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:53 pm
Somebody hit a nerve ...
West Lafayette needs renamed to fantasy land Ohio. I know one thing for sure. No one can ever argue that Ray Charles isn’t blind
If you knew so much about HS football like you preach especially you’re boys up there you’d know we were coming up to scrimmage you this year. Just a know at all that knows NOTHING and it’s truly embarrassing for the guy. Guy says I watched this scream that scream “ then you go to next thread and the guys saying “well from what I read so and so ain’t playing” guys a fart in a windstorm.
Last edited by Raycharles on Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

Somebody hit a nerve ...
Must’ve triggered the pour guy. Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion and I truly agree that he should have an opinion and it can be different that mine but don’t preach you know everything when you don’t.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

Just a thought about the Burg coaching staff. There is not a better staff around these parts, true there is a play call that some people question, but Tom isn't pulling plays out of a hat. There is a lot of plays that might work better at a certain time but how do you know what was a good call or bad call until after the play is over. Most all the coaches have played at the Burg and live and die with Burgs success, as any die hard fan. Praise the coaches believe me they do an excellent job. If they were to walk off the job today, where would find a better staff. There isn't a team around, that doesn't have players that think they are better than the guy ahead of them but, if that was true they would be in the game.I've been there. End soap box!

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

For the 2nd year in a row Ironton surpasses Burg aa the dominant program in SEO.

A burg/Ironton regional title game would have been big, but Burg again fails to hold up their end as Ironton extends the gap on burg in post season success.
Last edited by SpeedKillz on Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SpeedKillz wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:08 am For the 2nd year in a row Ironton surpasses Burg aa the dominant program is SEO.

A burg/Ironton regional title game would have been big, but Burg again fails to hold up their end as Ironton extends the gap on burg in post season success.
Yeah we will see what you guys are made of next year. Your pond is still stocked with some big fish but eventually the staff will have to work at it. A couple of years with arguably irontons best player in history, isn’t going to prove a dominance.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

wobycat wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:14 am
SpeedKillz wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:08 am For the 2nd year in a row Ironton surpasses Burg aa the dominant program is SEO.

Yeah we will see what you guys are made of next year. Your pond is still stocked with some big fish but eventually the staff will have to work at it. A couple of years with arguably irontons best player in history, isn’t going to prove a dominance.
If I were gonna point out one thing I love about Pendletons staff it would be development.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

SpeedKillz wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:17 am

If I were gonna point out one thing I love about Pendletons staff it would be development.
True speedkillz and he's pretty good at strength / conditioning. Going to state finals in his 2nd year wasn't too bad either.
Last edited by frankie on Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

frankie wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:08 pm

True speedkillz and he's pretty at strength / conditioning. Going to state finals in his 2nd year wasn't too bad either.
Truth. If you are good at strengthening and conditioning your guys and finding what each is good at and using that to your advantage, you can work with any talent and have a recipe for success. We are living proof of that. Each of our guys isn’t the best at everything but LaVerde is awesome at conditioning these guys and finding each one’s strengths and using that to make a complete package. It’s not that our guys are better individually than other kids in any part of the state. MAC coaches are great at that very same thing. They have multiple schools every year

6O HORN3TS 🐝
SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

True speedkillz and he's pretty at strength / conditioning. Going to state finals in his 2nd year wasn't too bad either.

Ironton staff = one word.

ELITE.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Kirtland80 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:12 pm

Truth. If you are good at strengthening and conditioning your guys and finding what each is good at and using that to your advantage, you can work with any talent and have a recipe for success. We are living proof of that. Each of our guys isn’t the best at everything but LaVerde is awesome at conditioning these guys and finding each one’s strengths and using that to make a complete package. It’s not that our guys are better individually than other kids in any part of the state. MAC coaches are great at that very same thing. They have multiple schools every year
Development is how ya build a program.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

SpeedKillz wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:29 pm

ELITE.

Thanks! I just spit my drink all over my computer. Do what they have done the last two seasons over 10 years and then we will talk about being an elite staff.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Yep we've heard over and over about Lattimore, his twin brother and that sophomore class. :roll:

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:07 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:29 pm

ELITE.

Thanks! I just spit my drink all over my computer. Do what they have done the last two seasons over 10 years and then we will talk about being an elite staff.
I agree here also. Gotta do it longer than 2 seasons but maybe they will. Time will tell, but it’s looking good so far for the first 2 seasons. We got 7 losses over an 11 year period (thanks to a few of those coaches I mentioned in the other conference) I think that qualifies. That ‘17 ML team we lost to, which was our last loss, was legit! They would have beaten anyone D7-D5 and probably most everyone in D4. They beat D3 Chaminade-Julienne by 28 points that season. They put running clocks on us and CW both and neither of us are slouches
Last edited by Kirtland80 on Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Raycharles wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:46 am
Kirtland80 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:53 pm

Somebody hit a nerve ...
If you knew so much about HS football like you preach especially you’re boys up there you’d know we were coming up to scrimmage you this year. Just a know at all that knows NOTHING and it’s truly embarrassing for the guy. Guy says I watched this scream that scream “ then you go to next thread and the guys saying “well from what I read so and so ain’t playing” guys a fart in a windstorm.
I never said you weren’t coming to scrimmage but honestly, who cares about a scrimmage? What exactly did I say I watched then said so and so isn’t playing? I never watched Wood/Burg if that’s what you are saying. I was watching a few teams that are a threat and will/should be there at the semifinals/final. I knew I didn’t have to check out Wood lol. I was watching Ironton and Bacon and CW well just because they are CW.

6O HORN3TS 🐝
FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

The true mark of an elite coach is what he gets out of his team with inferior talent against those with superior players.

It's a bit premature to say Pendelton and staff is in the class of Ironton's God of football.

I'd he willing to bet Pendelton wont be around long enough to even begin to make the comparison. I think he will be looking for bigger and better programs. Ironton is nothing but a springboard for his future in coaching at a higher level. Imo

Return to “Football”