Ironton v Burg 2020

countywide35
SEOP

Re: Ironton v Burg 2021

Post by countywide35 »

GoBigI wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:32 pm Who really cares about who transfers, who’s had the most transfers, or who recruits? It’s high school football played by high school boys (and girls in some instances). Let’s all enjoy the fact we are gonna be able to pack the stands, eat some popcorn, and cheer on kids playing a game. I root for Burg 9 weeks out of 10

Good post ….

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Have heard a rumor the last couple of days as this may be the last time in the foreseeable future that Wheelersburg and Ironton play as Wheelersburg is looking to get out of the contract with Ironton. That would be a travesty if the school system decided to do that. This game is the marquee game in SEO year after year.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

XandOs wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:23 am Have heard a rumor the last couple of days as this may be the last time in the foreseeable future that Wheelersburg and Ironton play as Wheelersburg is looking to get out of the contract with Ironton. That would be a travesty if the school system decided to do that. This game is the marquee game in SEO year after year.
What a shame if that happens!!

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Would not be surprised to see others follow suit. Also the OVC voting Ironton out

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

XandOs wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:23 am Have heard a rumor the last couple of days as this may be the last time in the foreseeable future that Wheelersburg and Ironton play as Wheelersburg is looking to get out of the contract with Ironton. That would be a travesty if the school system decided to do that. This game is the marquee game in SEO year after year.
That would be terrible. We have already lost Ashland game to play Moeller.

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:39 pm Would not be surprised to see others follow suit. Also the OVC voting Ironton out
This would be sad too. Because our kids should be playing in the OVC and we have other sports to worry about as much as football. Real sad.

Tommy Chong
Freshman Team

Post by Tommy Chong »

Why would Ironton get voted out ?

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Tommy Chong wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:38 pm Why would Ironton get voted out ?
If it was for football only, Ironton would be fine with leaving OVC. Rest of their sports is the issue. With that said, I don’t see any reason for OVC voting them out other than they’re too good.

As for Wheelersburg not renewing contract with Ironton, I’ll believe it when I see it. Too much money made by the schools in this game and Burg not the type to cut and run from competition (see their refusal to let Columbus Bishop Hartley out of game in 2019).*

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Yes. I agree. I couldn’t imagine these schools wanting to lose the week 1 game. A lot of money. ALOT. Of money would be lost.

Surely this is just a rumor to get the talks up. And you know what….. I LOVe IT. Thank god it’s soemrhing besides recruits.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

I don’t disagree often with you X’s, but I do on this point. I think Burg should play whomever they think will make them
better. Obviously, after dominating the series for so long,they may feel that greenup county or boyd county is a better fit for them. With 7 OVC teams to play every year, Id like to see the Fighting Tigers play 3 tough non region opponents each year. Moeller and Jackson certainly fit that bill. I hated that we felt we couldn’t compete with the lies of Johnson Central a few years ago and ran away from that game.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Before Pendleton,we couldn’t.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Ashland not playing Ironton says something. They have played for years and that is a cash only game. Losing or winning has no effect on Ashland for playoff purposes.

Coaches are a fraternity. There are those that believe things are going on. It may get to the point that the only thing they can do is refuse to play them, because the OHSAA doesn’t have the finances to function, much less do an investigation.

Local teams not playing Ironton in football won’t hurt them. They will find 10 football games. But it will if local teams refuse to play them in other sports. No team has that much of an Athletic budget.

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

I’m confused it was ok to beat IHS when they were down a bit but after two solid years which included only a single game win against Burg and a loss to Ashland teams no longer want to play ?
Bottom line no school is going to turn away potential transfers unless there is a red flag not to. Most transfer for sports but some to play in a better band or for AP classes or because their girlfriend goes there😉. Bottom line if IHS is cheating then prove it or move on.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Realize games can always be bought out, but arbiterlive still showing Ironton playing at Burg opening week in 2022. With the talent in Burg's current sophomore and 8th grade classes, I just don't see them taking Ironton off their schedule anytime soon.*

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:30 pm Ashland not playing Ironton says something. They have played for years and that is a cash only game. Losing or winning has no effect on Ashland for playoff purposes.

Coaches are a fraternity. There are those that believe things are going on. It may get to the point that the only thing they can do is refuse to play them, because the OHSAA doesn’t have the finances to function, much less do an investigation.

Local teams not playing Ironton in football won’t hurt them. They will find 10 football games. But it will if local teams refuse to play them in other sports. No team has that much of an Athletic budget.
Well said.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:30 pm Ashland not playing Ironton says something. They have played for years and that is a cash only game. Losing or winning has no effect on Ashland for playoff purposes.

You mean the Ashland Tomcats that have kids move in from all over Eastern Ky. I think like 3 years ago their QB was driving from Pikeville to play there. They’ve also had a lot of kids cross the bridge from Lawrence Co. to play for them. All of these great programs have had several kids move in. Thats the world we live in. Kentucky is a completely different animal when it goes to transfers too. Kids can move over there and not have to physically move and be immediately eligible.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Tommy Chong wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:36 pm
PirateFan[69] wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:27 pm
Tommy Chong wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:07 pm

Agree , both have transfers along with many other schools. No excuses .
Name the amount of transfers Burg will have on either side of the ball this year?
Who cares ? Burg has had numerous transfers over the years .

You clowns keep saying this and still yet you can only come up with three and one of them, Lowery, his Mom became a teacher at Burg and they moved into Burg after his Junior year.

Who are all of the "numerous" transfers from over the years? I had posted on here the amount of Burg kids playing football who live just outside the district. Most of them were in Junior high when I checked. If someone at Burg is recruiting in Junior high kids and knows that they will be studs come HS then I have to applaud that.

Ironton is blatantly taking kids from other HS's to come play for them. Prime example is the 2018 season. They got Raceland's two best players to come to Ironton. Two players that led Raceland to the state finals in 2017 and that they were going to be a vital part of Raceland's team for 2018.
Last edited by yabbadabbadoo on Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Gee, heard the same thing about Ironton dropping Burg when Burg was handing there azz to them year in and year out.

Neither team is dropping the other one. Way to much money involved in this one.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

This is one of the key matchups week 1 in the State of Ohio. I don’t see it going anywhere either but stranger things have happened.

Jackson Football
Freshman Team

Post by Jackson Football »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:58 am
Tommy Chong wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:36 pm
PirateFan[69] wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:27 pm

Name the amount of transfers Burg will have on either side of the ball this year?
Who cares ? Burg has had numerous transfers over the years .

You clowns keep saying this and still yet you can only come up with three and one of them, Lowery, his Mom became a teacher at Burg and they moved into Burg after his Junior year.

Who are all of the "numerous" transfers from over the years? I had posted on here the amount of Burg kids playing football who live just outside the district. Most of them were in Junior high when I checked. If someone at Burg is recruiting in Junior high kids and knows that they will be studs come HS then I have to applaud that.

Ironton is blatantly taking kids from other HS's to come play for them. Prime example is the 2018 season. They got Raceland's two best players to come to Ironton. Two players that led Raceland to the state finals in 2017 and that they were going to be a vital part of Raceland's team for 2018.

This is an example of why people are not even on here anymore. News flash , 99.9 of preps poster don’t care about Ironton and their transfers. We all agree if they’re openly recruiting why haven’t they been busted ?

Return to “Football”