Ironmen98
All State

Re: Ironton out of OVC in 2024.

Post by Ironmen98 »

mustard wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:55 am
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:52 am
mustard wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:46 am

:lol: Why do you think that is?

Don't let these ironton sunshine pumpers distract you. They out there begging for kids.... Which they are going to struggle gettin with the localcoaches keeping an eye out now and taking pictures with college coaches on their social media like Ironton coaches. They just need a bus :lol:
As far as scheduling, you can knock any local Kentucky team you used to schedule, so that's out. You screwed up when you went across the river too many times.

Independent. :lol: Not even the biggest school in their own conference.
Haha, get over it, the Fighting Tigers are going to get better doing this in the long run.

Haters going to hate no matter what the Fighting Tigers do lol.
Here's one of the sunshine pumpers now. How's it gonna help em in the long run? You have 2 kids from ashland, 1 from huntington this year and still couldn't pull it off. :lol: No hate. Just reality.
Look at the teams Ironton met in the championship games. No one else around here was beating them either .

mustard
Varsity

Post by mustard »

Ironmen98 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:23 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:40 am Everyone giddy hoping Ironton fails.

Don't let these ironton sunshine pumpers distract you. They out there begging for kids.... Which they are going to struggle gettin with the localcoaches keeping an eye out now and taking pictures with college coaches on their social media like Ironton coaches. They just need a bus :lol:
As far as scheduling, you can knock any local Kentucky team you used to schedule, so that's out. You screwed up when you went across the river too many times.

If they’re openly recruiting kids why hasn’t OHSAA stepped in. I mean if everyone knows it’s happening…
Oh Im not against it. :lol: But anyone who's smart can side step the landmines of the OHSSA. They dont care. They just want money. But they gonna definetley struggle scheduling.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

mustard wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:39 pm

If they’re openly recruiting kids why hasn’t OHSAA stepped in. I mean if everyone knows it’s happening…
Oh Im not against it. :lol: But anyone who's smart can side step the landmines of the OHSSA. They dont care. They just want money. But they gonna definetley struggle scheduling.
Most decent programs get transfers including Jackson , Wheelersburg and Waverly

mustard
Varsity

Post by mustard »

Ironmen98 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:24 pm
mustard wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:55 am

Haha, get over it, the Fighting Tigers are going to get better doing this in the long run.

Here's one of the sunshine pumpers now. How's it gonna help em in the long run? You have 2 kids from ashland, 1 from huntington this year and still couldn't pull it off. :lol: No hate. Just reality.
Look at the teams Ironton met in the championship games. No one else around here was beating them either .
:lol: They don't even get there without them. I even forgot about their stud kid that came as a sophomore going t nati. He defintley helped them in a couple of those play offs :lol:

mustard
Varsity

Post by mustard »

Ironmen98 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:40 pm

:lol: Than they should all be in the same conference. Call it TSC the Transfer South Conference.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

mustard wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:43 pm

:lol: Than they should all be in the same conference. Call it TSC the Transfer South Conference.

That would be awesome.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

This is going to be awesome, thanks to everyone for getting this done. A win/win situation for all teams involved. Props to Fairland, Gallia Academy, Portsmouth for continuing to play and Wheelersburg and Jackson also. Looks like we’ll only have to find 5 great teams to play, piece of cake for scheduling some great teams.

Go Fighting Tigers…….

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:40 am Everyone giddy hoping Ironton fails.

There’s zero indication they are going to get better. After three state title runs in the past four years, they are no closer to a title despite having seen the best D5 has to offer. In fact, they seem to be getting worse!

Against top teams, Ironton has consistently committed too many mistakes; turnovers, penalties, etc. This has been their MO ever since Pendleton took over. This last state game was just more of the same.

So unless coaching improves dramatically with regards to fixing these mistakes, Ironton will not get better playing tougher/better teams.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

They do but I think you can agree none of those schools get in 4-6 high impact starters each year especially when they’re juniors or seniors. Which is a major difference over the other teams mentioned that get 1-2 here and there early on.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

RBH23 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:24 pm

There’s zero indication they are going to get better. After three state title runs in the past four years, they are no closer to a title despite having seen the best D5 has to offer. In fact, they seem to be getting worse!

Against top teams, Ironton has consistently committed too many mistakes; turnovers, penalties, etc. This has been their MO ever since Pendleton took over. This last state game was just more of the same.

So unless coaching improves dramatically with regards to fixing these mistakes, Ironton will not get better playing tougher/better teams.
I guess we’re going to find out, playing teams where there’s a running clock and the starters are out at half does you no good (maybe that was a big problem) especially when half your schedule is like that. still a great move IMO.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

I truly don’t think scheduling is going to be a problem.

Yearly basis:
Weeks 1-2 Wheelersburg and Jackson, Weeks 8-10 Fairland, Gallia, Portsmouth

That leaves Weeks 3-7. Weeks 3-5 won’t be hard at all. Some leagues are into league play by then, some aren’t. Weeks 6-7 May get tough, but that’s the sacrifice you have to make. I’d be looking to sign longer term contracts those weeks if I could.

Raceland, Spring Valley, Cabell Midland, Columbus catholic schools, should all be options. May need to travel a bit more, but it will be worth it if it’s done right. If the OVC 3 look to drop Ironton in the future, it could get real tough.

Glad the schools were able to come together and find a solution that works for all schools. Keeps the OVC together in every other sport.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:29 pm

They do but I think you can agree none of those schools get in 4-6 high impact starters each year especially when they’re juniors or seniors. Which is a major difference over the other teams mentioned that get 1-2 here and there early on.
Recruit better

Outoftowner
Riding the Bench

Post by Outoftowner »

They’ll be fine. JV lost one game in a close one to Massillon at Massillon. Freshmen were undefeated and 8th grade was undefeated and unscored upon. They do need to get more consistent and minimize their mistakes. It’s odd that on a forum for SE Ohio football where I would assume most posters are aligned with one of the regional teams that a few would consistently pound on the only team from the region that even threatens to win a championship. Doesn’t say much for the region as a whole. There has been some recent success out of Fort Frye, Jackson, and Wheelersburg but beyond them and Ironton I don’t see any other team making any kind of tournament run. Kudos to Ironton for scheduling Anderson, Moeller, Johnson Central, Jackson, Wheelersburg, etc. in the past and for looking for better competition in the future.

mustard
Varsity

Post by mustard »

Outoftowner wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:04 pm They’ll be fine. JV lost one game in a close one to Massillon at Massillon. Freshmen were undefeated and 8th grade was undefeated and unscored upon. They do need to get more consistent and minimize their mistakes. It’s odd that on a forum for SE Ohio football where I would assume most posters are aligned with one of the regional teams that a few would consistently pound on the only team from the region that even threatens to win a championship. Doesn’t say much for the region as a whole. There has been some recent success out of Fort Frye, Jackson, and Wheelersburg but beyond them and Ironton I don’t see any other team making any kind of tournament run. Kudos to Ironton for scheduling Anderson, Moeller, Johnson Central, Jackson, Wheelersburg, etc. in the past and for looking for better competition in the future.
😂 That’s because they are doing it with multiple transfers, duh. Which I’m fine with bro . Bring on the future. Just don’t act like it’s happening otherwise. And don’t act like it’s going to be easy to schedule. When Ironton was independent early 2000s they were scheduling Russell Raceland and Ashland. Those ain’t happening lol

So now Ironton gots to go to city catholic schools. You’re gonna need more recruiting. Probably push them up a division
Or two

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

mustard wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:23 pm
Outoftowner wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:04 pm They’ll be fine. JV lost one game in a close one to Massillon at Massillon. Freshmen were undefeated and 8th grade was undefeated and unscored upon. They do need to get more consistent and minimize their mistakes. It’s odd that on a forum for SE Ohio football where I would assume most posters are aligned with one of the regional teams that a few would consistently pound on the only team from the region that even threatens to win a championship. Doesn’t say much for the region as a whole. There has been some recent success out of Fort Frye, Jackson, and Wheelersburg but beyond them and Ironton I don’t see any other team making any kind of tournament run. Kudos to Ironton for scheduling Anderson, Moeller, Johnson Central, Jackson, Wheelersburg, etc. in the past and for looking for better competition in the future.
😂 That’s because they are doing it with multiple transfers, duh. Which I’m fine with bro . Bring on the future. Just don’t act like it’s happening otherwise. And don’t act like it’s going to be easy to schedule. When Ironton was independent early 2000s they were scheduling Russell Raceland and Ashland. Those ain’t happening lol

So now Ironton gots to go to city catholic schools. You’re gonna need more recruiting. Probably push them up a division
Or two
Yeah, I gotta wonder if D4 is in Ironton's near future? They were 1 student away from it in last year's count (biggest D5 school in state by enrollment +CB last year), and a few more transfers could easily push them up.

As for this move, it definitely what's best for Ironton and OVC right now. I don't see any OVC schools leaving now as Ironton football was their main problem with OVC. I think this could hurt SOC as Oak Hill, Northwest, Valley, and Minford (I've heard) are wanting to get away from Burg, West and Waverly. This might not be an option if SOC can't get anybody to jump to join Burg/West/Waverly.*

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Ironmen98 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:31 pm

Recruit better
Is that what jackson is doing??

Tigernation2021
Varsity

art_vandelay wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:05 pm
mustard wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:23 pm

Or two
Yeah, I gotta wonder if D4 is in Ironton's near future? They were 1 student away from it in last year's count (biggest D5 school in state by enrollment +CB last year), and a few more transfers could easily push them up.

As for this move, it definitely what's best for Ironton and OVC right now. I don't see any OVC schools leaving now as Ironton football was their main problem with OVC. I think this could hurt SOC as Oak Hill, Northwest, Valley, and Minford (I've heard) are wanting to get away from Burg, West and Waverly. This might not be an option if SOC can't get anybody to jump to join Burg/West/Waverly.*
That’s why the OVC and SOC should combine and make 3 divisions if they’d each get out of their stubborn ways.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:18 pm

Recruit better
I mean Waverly has benefited from “transfers” so don’t be mad when Ironton does is better 🤷‍♂️

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:33 pm
RBH23 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:24 pm

I guess we’re going to find out, playing teams where there’s a running clock and the starters are out at half does you no good (maybe that was a big problem) especially when half your schedule is like that. still a great move IMO.
Kirtland doesn’t have many competitive games during the regular season, yet it doesn’t seem to impact them. Hell, they haven’t lost a regular season game since 2016!

Burg in 2017, had 8 games that resulted in a running clock with their closest regular reason win being by 24 points, yet that didn’t impact them either.

Also keep in mind that more competitive games means more time that the stars/starters stay on the field. The more time they are on the field, the more chance of an injury. To physically survive to game 15, the starters and star players need some rest; not every game can be a 4 quarter battle.

You are correct, we will get to find out.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Ironmen98 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:13 pm
Tigernation2021 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:18 pm

Recruit better
I mean Waverly has benefited from “transfers” so don’t be mad when Ironton does is better 🤷‍♂️
Oh of course, so has Burg, so has Jackson, just like your post you're not denying I won't deny it either. Heck we had a kid starting this year that lives in Jackson, couple from West. Not mad at Ironton at all it doesn't affect my world at all, I always just laugh when the Ironton faithful deny it doesn't affect their team and they would've been just as good without all of them. :lol:

Return to “Football”