SCOL Expanding?

GoBucks1047
Varsity

Re: SCOL Expanding?

Post by GoBucks1047 »

The only way I think this new league would work for Logan is if it was a 10-12 team league with 2 geographical divisions that can be either East-West or North-South and maybe make it where in other sports, Hillsboro-Logan would only plays on a Friday night or Saturday since it's an hour, 45 minutes to 2 hour trip to make it easier on the kids.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

LogangradKD wrote:I just went to Hillsboro last week for an AAU event and it wasnt 2 hours !! I made it in my car in an hour and 40 mins. But this pissing match aside, I dont think it makes sense for Logan at all. You are right its no better than Portsmouth and it would be a tough trip on a bus on for kids.
Imagine that trip on a Tuesday night in December when the roads aren't that great.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Logan only gets considered for the SCOL if you have a 10 team, two division set up.

Something like:

Logan, Jackson, Chillicothe, Circleville, Logan Elm/Waverly

McClain, Hillsoboro, Miami Trace, Washington Courthouse, Unioto.

In other words - ain't happening.

Happy for Jackson. Maybe if Circleville ends up moving BACK to the SCOL it will cause a REAL MSL shake up and create an opportunity for Logan.

I'm not holding my breath.

GoBucks1047
Varsity

Post by GoBucks1047 »

I was thinking more of this if it were to happen (Caps = Preferred Team for 10 team league):

North: CIRCLEVILLE, LOGAN ELM, Miami Trace, Washington C.H., LOGAN/Teays Valley

South: Chillicothe, Hillsboro, Jackson, McClain, UNIOTO/Waverly

This would be ossible, but an 8 team league is more likely. There would also be a crossover game that will always in football each year and play home and home in other sports so Chilicothe can play Circleville and renew their old rivalry, Logan and Jackson can continue their rivalry, Unioto can start a new rivalry with Logan Elm, and the 2 highland county and fayette county schools can still play each other. All games other than Hillsboro-Logan are around 75 minutes or less.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

No one is moving out of the MSL-Buckeye so you can forget about those schools.

sibibis45
JV Team

Post by sibibis45 »

I am hearing now that the five schools were not leaving the SCOL but were waiting until the March 7 vote to see what would happen with Jackson. I was told that either Wilmington or Clinton-Massie leaked that these schools were leaving for whatever reason. It is being told that Wilmington and Massie are not willing to work with the other five schools to expand the league which is their right to do. If these two school leaked this information for whatever reasons then they are not to be trusted along with the other five if they were having backroom dealings.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

I think it is funny how others just throw different teams around like it's not a problem. Many teams are not going to leave the League they are in .

Best bet for this is start a completely new league with the 6 and go from there.
New Bylaws and a fresh start.

JMO!!

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

baseball16 wrote:I think it is funny how others just throw different teams around like it's not a problem.
I agree, but we're in the offseason and its always a fun topic to talk about. I think its a fun debate that frames the quantitative aspects of a school (size, demographics, history) and the qualitative aspects (personal opinions, rivalries, "whats fun").

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

sibibis45 wrote:I am hearing now that the five schools were not leaving the SCOL but were waiting until the March 7 vote to see what would happen with Jackson. I was told that either Wilmington or Clinton-Massie leaked that these schools were leaving for whatever reason. It is being told that Wilmington and Massie are not willing to work with the other five schools to expand the league which is their right to do. If these two school leaked this information for whatever reasons then they are not to be trusted along with the other five if they were having backroom dealings.
Nothing you posted is new information.

At the end of the day, 5 schools wanted to expand so they left the league to start a new league to do so. Politics are politics so their is always other reasons and things that go along with it.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Pretty obvious. CM and Wilmington got kicked out for being too good.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Raider6309 wrote:Pretty obvious. CM and Wilmington got kicked out for being too good.
Pretty obvious the SCOL schools thought there future was oriented more east Ross/Highland than Dayton/Cincy.

Plus the other shoe is about to drop and when it does it makes complete sense where the geographic focus is and why.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Dandy Don wrote:
Raider6309 wrote:Pretty obvious. CM and Wilmington got kicked out for being too good.
Pretty obvious the SCOL schools thought there future was oriented more east Ross/Highland than Dayton/Cincy.

Plus the other shoe is about to drop and when it does it makes complete sense where the geographic focus is and why.
If what I'm hearing is true it's very exciting for all involved and will provide a stable conference for a long time .

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Poo....you hearing big honey pot and a little honey pot?

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Yeah
From what I'm hearing it's all but a done deal

Texas 2
Freshman Team

Post by Texas 2 »

how about some more information?

Bigdog
Freshman Team

Post by Bigdog »

Sounds like he is alluding to an SVC merger with two divisions! Large School Small School. I would love to see Waverly join in that party but probably won't happen.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Congrats to Jackson for finding a new home. Reasonable road trips all around.

Hopefully Logan and Warren find something soon. RIP SEOAL.

http://m.timesjournal.com/sports/articl ... l?mode=jqm

Return to “Football”