Wheelersburg 49 Ironton 6

Abe Froman
S

Re: WEEK 1 IRONTON @WHEELERSBURG -- YOUR THOUGHTS.

Post by Abe Froman »

Yes Burg Week 1 2016 will obviously not be as good as Burg Week 14 2015, but I do believe our upside is to finish 2016 better than we were in 2015.

Just my perspective.

As I have said previously, a Week 1 rivalry game carries some risk, even though I think we are better each way O & D and our special teams always accounts for some big plays and swings in momentum, the fact is in Week 1 against a rival like Ironton anything can happen.

But once we settle in I believe we will control the game and win.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Abe Froman wrote:Yes Burg Week 1 2016 will obviously not be as good as Burg Week 14 2015, but I do believe our upside is to finish 2016 better than we were in 2015.

Just my perspective.

As I have said previously, a Week 1 rivalry game carries some risk, even though I think we are better each way O & D and our special teams always accounts for some big plays and swings in momentum, the fact is in Week 1 against a rival like Ironton anything can happen.

I think it will all depend on who can settle in. Just as last years first game, burg got the lead up front and the Tigers just about came back and took it from them. Burg didn't score the whole second half in that game. Hopefully Ironton starts out on top and settles in.

vincent_chase
Waterboy

Post by vincent_chase »

IBTT wrote:
Abe Froman wrote:Yes Burg Week 1 2016 will obviously not be as good as Burg Week 14 2015, but I do believe our upside is to finish 2016 better than we were in 2015.

Just my perspective.

I think it will all depend on who can settle in. Just as last years first game, burg got the lead up front and the Tigers just about came back and took it from them. Burg didn't score the whole second half in that game. Hopefully Ironton starts out on top and settles in.

Burg scored in the 4th Quarter

FIRST QUARTER

W — Jordan Howard 1 run (Daylor Lewis kick), 7:39

THIRD QUARTER

I — D’Angelo Palladino 57 run (kick failed), 11:13

FOURTH QUARTER

W — Howard 22 run (Lewis kick), 9:46

vincent_chase
Waterboy

Post by vincent_chase »

Did IBTT watch the same game as everyone else? Not sure how you are so wrong about last years first game. They also never had one play inside the 20. They got to the 22 yard line but then was sacked right before half.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

vincent_chase wrote:Did IBTT watch the same game as everyone else? Not sure how you are so wrong about last years first game. They also never had one play inside the 20. They got to the 22 yard line but then was sacked right before half.
One thing about IBTT, he never lets the facts get in the way of the point he's trying to make.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

JTEK wrote:
vincent_chase wrote:Did IBTT watch the same game as everyone else? Not sure how you are so wrong about last years first game. They also never had one play inside the 20. They got to the 22 yard line but then was sacked right before half.
One thing about IBTT, he never lets the facts get in the way of the point he's trying to make.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

P(irate) wrote:
JTEK wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I actually just read that, was going on what someone had told me. I was told it was 14-0 before Paladino scored. We had 91 yard of penalties on the night and out rushed Burg on the night along with having more total yard on the night. We just shot ourselves in the foot every time that we had a good drive going. We stopped ourselves. This year's team I believe will be one that will make the Burg win the game on their own. I don't look for Ironton to hand it to them on a silver platter. If Ironton goes without a bunch of those dumb mistakes as they have been of late, Ironton wins this one.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

When was last time Burg lost at home?

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

2 years ago against Jackson.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I think the tigers have a lil sumpin sumpin for dem pirates this year.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

After what I saw tonight out of the ing Tiger (sorry have to take the Fight out as there is none) tonight vs Portsmouth. The Cream of southern Ohio, The Burg, will utterly destroy the "no fight tigers"....

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

BigChuck wrote:After what I saw tonight out of the ing Tiger (sorry have to take the Fight out as there is none) tonight vs Portsmouth. The Cream of southern Ohio, The Burg, will utterly destroy the "no fight tigers"....
You didn't see anything out of the Fighting Tigers for a reason lol :)

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Post by Buramgerdin »

Running clock. I watched Ironton a few times last year. They are desperately missing their LBs from last year and the one defensive end, Campbell. I didn't see any speed, Parker made them look like they were running in cement. Burg by as many as they want.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

I am not sure about the Athletes but I will give the edge in coaching to the Burg!

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Sounds like Portsmouth got the better of Ironton in the OVC scrimmage?

If this the case, will IBTT start to walk back any of his comments about whooping Burg in Week 1?

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

Not sure which is worse ? IBTT posts or that Abe cant seem to let it go.
The game will be here soon enough and will be decided on the field.
I'm from Ironton and have no idea who IBTT is and yes he needs to take off the Orange and Black glasses.
Not sure certain Burg posters add anything to this discussion but sarcasm

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

It is a Week 1 Burg and Ironton thread.

You will have predictions, counter predictions and sarcasm along with information about both teams (some useful, some not so useful).

Don't like it skip over it, America is a wonderful country in that it allows you to do just that.

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

America is a wonderful country !!!
I am sure you are a fine American too
Do yourself a favor and let IBTT make a fool of himself by himself

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Irritable Bowel is fine. He's just passionate about his kid. Nothing wrong there. Ironton looked like garbage in the preview last year and made the playoffs. I didn't see the game but I'm sure it was all vanilla play calling. Burg maybe ran four or five different plays in their scrimmage.

I think Burg wins at home. I'll say 28-13.

Good luck to both teams and praying for an injury free game.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

TheFlyingDutchman wrote:America is a wonderful country !!!
I am sure you are a fine American too
Do yourself a favor and let IBTT make a fool of himself by himself
Come on you have to expect a little ribbing when you post some of the stuff he posts
He's like trump, he's fine when reading from a script but then he just goes off and it is usually so so wrong to even think it let alone post it.

Return to “Football”