Week 10: Nelsonville-York (9-0) at Athens (9-0)

Simple poll: Who wins the game?

Total votes: 0

Lard76
Waterboy

Re: Week 10: Nelsonville-York (9-0) at Athens (9-0)

Post by Lard76 »

24 Hours until GAME TIME better get ready Bulldogs the Buckeyes are on the way to VICTORY

nybucksgrad06
JV Team

Post by nybucksgrad06 »

Thank you Orestes!!!!!

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

Will Athens being selling tix at the school tomorrow during the day?

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

You wont need a Carhartt if you are in the blechers. You will be squeezed in before 6:00. The ones who will need it will be the ones standing all around the rest of the stadium.

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

Friday
October 28, 2011
From The Plains,

Once again, 10 weeks of high school football have come and gone with a blink of an eye. This year's football season has rewarded us with a showdown of two very talented football squads to finish off the year. The TVC-Ohio Championship will be played Friday in The Plains between the (9-0) Nelsonville-York Buckeyes and the (9-0) Athens Bulldogs. One game, winner take all (League Championship, Home Play-Off Game, Doc Kroner Trophy and Bragging Rights!)

Nelsonville-York is being lead into battle by Dave Boston Jr., whose is the son of the Legendary Dave Boston Sr. who lead the Buckeyes to a state championship in the 1980's. Dave Jr. was born and raised a Buckeye, and has kept the Buckeye Tradition going strong that was created by is Father, Dave Sr., and continued under Kevin Meade. Boston Jr.has already lead his Buckeyes back to the Play-Offs and would love nothing more than to host a home Play-Off game at the House his Father built. Boston Jr. would love nothing more than to add another League Title to the NY history books as well as holding on to the Doc Kroner Trophy for yet another year...

Athens is being lead into battle by Ryan Adams, who was a two-time SEOAL MVP for Athens as a running-back. Adams has been a crucial part for the Athens Bulldogs football program as a player, but even more crucial as a Coach. When he played, the Bulldogs were the team to beat year in and year out. He returned after graduating from OU to help revive the Bulldog Program that had seen better days. He was the Athens Defensive Coordinator/Running-backs Coach for the Bulldogs during the exciting 2001-2003 seasons that saw Athens battling for League Championships and Play-Off spots. After a few years off Adams made his return to the sidelines, this time as The Head Coach and quickly lead the Bulldogs to their first League Title in over 20 years. He has already lead the Bulldogs to the Play-Offs for the first time since early 1990's, can he add another League Title this year...

The environment for this game will be amazing as their should not be a seat in the house! NY always travels well to games and Athens has been filling the stands great this season at home. This game is pulling football fans out from everywhere with many of them traveling from over 30 minutes away to see this contest.

Both teams enter at (9-0)...meaning they have played some great football for over 9 weeks of the season. However, only one team will leave undefeated. That team will most likely be playing at home come week 11 where the loser of the bout will most likely have to travel a good distance to play in week 11, meaning this game is more than just one game.

For Nelsonville-
They enter with arguably the best Passing threat the school has ever had in Senior Nathan Dean. Dean has done an amazing job under center for the Buckeyes balancing their Offense and making them one of the best Offenses in SEO. Dean is joined in the Buckeyes backfield by Dustin Young, one of the League's best running-backs and one of the best RB's in SEO. Young has rushed for well over 1000 yards for consecutive seasons and isn't ready to stop. Dean's favorite target will be Senior Daniel Kline, the 6'4'' Wide Receiver whose tall frame gives him an advantage over most corners. Dean's other offensive weapons will include Garrison Breeze, Kyle Freer and Jacob Perkins. The Line is lead by Kyle Moore and Isiah Mello. On Defense, the Buckeyes have Dakota Hook, Calob Covert along with Perkins, Bobby Leitwein, Jacob Coon and McCullogh to name a few that have been part of a mean, destructive Defense that has not been nice to any Offense this season...

For Athens-
They enter with arguably the Best Running-Back in the area in Senior DeVon Sharp. Sharp is the returning TVC-Ohio Offensive MVP and has had an outstanding Senior seasoning leading the Bulldogs as a runner, receiver and in several occasions as a passing threat as well. Senior Josh Skinner has lead the Athens passing attack all season leading the Bulldogs to 8 straight wins until an injury forced him out of Week 9's contest against Wellston. Hopefully the rest will allow him to continue his great Senior season under center for Athens. Skinner's favorite target has been Junior Skylar Schwarzel, who is a threat to take any pass to the endzone. Along with Sharp and Schwarzel, Athens has some good receivers in Austin Ziolkowski and Nick Stanley, tight end's Josh Maxon and Cody Mack as well as running-backs Chris Russell and Freddie Stalder. The Line will be solid with Travis Taylor, Trevor Sorrell, Jon Keifer, Bobby Sebring and Tim Moquin. The Defense will be lead by Mitch Rider, the Senior Captain who is one of the best linebackers to play in SEO. Joining him on the Athens Defense will be Schwarzel, Stanley, Tyler McIntosh, Tanner Wood, Michael Germano, Sorrell, Keifer, Pierce, Maxon and Mack to name a few that have been part of a Tenacious D that has limited most teams all season long...

Fred Gibson will be heard from above in the press box, Power 105 and 107.7 will be covering the game as well as Gridiron Glory with the game replays.

Good Luck to both teams and hopes for a clean, injury free contest!

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

It's game day Baby
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
GO BUCKEYES
STRAP EM UP A LIL TIGHTER
...........AND............
LETS GET IT ON!!!!!!!!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

nybucksgrad06
JV Team

Post by nybucksgrad06 »

Let's Go Buckeyes!!!!!

10-0 BABY!!!!!

Let's show'em buckeyes football at its BEST!!!!!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

My last post on this game till it's over later on today: It's been a good ride but a DV team is still the best the TVC has to offer and will be until they let Gallipolis, Jackson and Warren in at a later date when the SEOAL disbands. N-Y by 21 with a first round home game next week, Athens loses and travels to Kettering Alter or Jonathan Alder for their first round game.

NYBucksDad
JV Team

Post by NYBucksDad »

IT’S GAME DAY BABY!!!!!! LET’S GO BUCKEYES BEAT THE BULLDOGS!!!!!

Hope both teams have an injury free game and go into the playoffs healthy.

BUCKEYES ROLL AND TAKE THE WIN!!!!!!

Tyler_Durden
Freshman Team

Post by Tyler_Durden »

It is really really difficult to not laugh at all of you self-proclaimed gurus. 21 points... that's hilarious. Or rather, ludicrous is a better word for it.

Someone replied to my earlier post and said that if there are more NY people on this forum than Athens people then that's Athens problem. Again, hilarious. Maybe they are just above all this drivel.

Again I'll say it, I have a suspicion that Nelsonville-York has not been hit all year as hard as they are going to get hit tonight.

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

BIGHITSINC wrote:I GOTTA GO HOME NOW AND TAKE MY MEDS THANX GUYS FOR ALL THE FUNNIN AROUND . GONNA BE A GREAT GAME ON FRIDAY. AND REMEMBER WHAT FREDDIE GIBSON SAID ON CHANNEL 15.
"THIS GAME IS GONNA BE DECIDED ON THE FIELD,,, NOT SOME WEBPAGE LIKE SOUTHEASTERN OHIO PREPS"

BY JOVE I THINK HE'S GOT IT.......

Bout fell outa my chair on this one :lol: :lol: :lol:

diamondD1
JV Team

Post by diamondD1 »

When it gets closer to kickoff time I will start a new thread for live update posts and will post as frequently as I can. Although, it sounds as if nearly everyone might be out at the stadium for this one, ha ha.

There's going to be a good group of young men on both sides of the ball tonight, and I wish them all the best. The pressure they have probably felt this week has been most likely greater than anything any of us ever felt while we were in high school. These kinds of moments create courage, character, and some of the best memories they will have for the rest of their lives. We're all very blessed to be able to be part of the moment, but remember it was teenagers who created this moment for us. I am very thankful for them.

Coach Skinner
Freshman Team

Post by Coach Skinner »

FYI - I was informed that cars are not going to be allowed to turn left onto Johnson Road coming from Athens on Rt 33. A safety issue with road construction, Halloween weekend, and expected traffic. Plan accordingly and be safe.

Go Bulldogs!!!!!!!

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

FYI - i was informed that the Athens chapter of PETA was gonna protest this game as they had heard that some Bulldog abuse was gonna take place tonight :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

MHS_Soccer_Dad
Freshman Team

Post by MHS_Soccer_Dad »

Was planning on my son and I coming up and watching what sounds like a great game...but now I don't think I want to drive 45 mins to sit in the neighborhood and listen to the game...so Diamond...and anyone else at the game...update as frequently as you can without disturbing your own pleasure of watching the game...I will be sitting in my nice warm house with a laptop on my lap, waiting for updates. :)

Good Luck to both teams!!!

Lard76
Waterboy

Post by Lard76 »

NYBUX wrote:FYI - i was informed that the Athens chapter of PETA was gonna protest this game as they had heard that some Bulldog abuse was gonna take place tonight :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Now that's funny :lol:

NYFan54
Varsity

Post by NYFan54 »

Go Bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

diamondD1
JV Team

Post by diamondD1 »

MHS_Soccer_Dad wrote:Was planning on my son and I coming up and watching what sounds like a great game...but now I don't think I want to drive 45 mins to sit in the neighborhood and listen to the game...so Diamond...and anyone else at the game...update as frequently as you can without disturbing your own pleasure of watching the game...I will be sitting in my nice warm house with a laptop on my lap, waiting for updates. :)

Good Luck to both teams!!!
It's not a problem at all for me to update. I will be in the press box keeping stats with a laptop and a wifi connection, so whenever there is a break in the action I usually update Twitter, Facebook, SEOPS and JJHuddle all at once.

Also, you can listen to the game on internet radio at http://athensi.com. The WATH and WXTQ links are in the righthand column.

NYFan54
Varsity

Post by NYFan54 »

Also, if you have an iPhone or Droid, download the "TuneIn Radio" app and search for WXTQ to listen on your phone if you're away from your computer tonight.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

and finally go buckeyes. i know you can win this. personally i think athens is way too big of a school to be in the league with d5 teams, but i know you can do this.git r done you crazy orange buckeyes.

Return to “Football”