SOC2 Lucasville Valley (7-0) vs. Portsmouth West (7-0)

Winner?

Total votes: 0

THE G.O.A.T.
Freshman Team

Re: SOC2 Lucasville Valley (7-0) vs. Portsmouth West (7-0)

Post by THE G.O.A.T. »

First I would like to congratulate the Valley Indians on behalf of Trevon Pendleton on a well played game. Trevon is meeting with the bengals team doctors today to prepare for the surgery Monday morning. Trevon is the true definition of a warrior, as he wanted to stay and support his team lastnight after he severly broke his leg and ankle.. In my opinion there has never been a player around here like him.. People has no idea how mentally and physically tough this kid is.. He is the true definition of a warrior on and off the field.. If there is anyone who can recover from an injury of this magnitude it will be him. I want to say that it's been a privilege to watch this young man grow up.. Very special kid.. He has been a role model for many ppl around southern Ohio. Were praying for you trevon.

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

Makes me sick about Pendleton. They don't work any harder than this kid. Prayers to him and his family. Yes it was a game changer. What if Yates would of went out in the first 2 minutes? Game changer. The West team has nothing to hang their head about. Tough loss. Good luck to West the rest of the season. Good luck to Pendleton. Hope to be watching you at the next level son. Keep your chin up West and keep working hard.

ZacBrownBand
Varsity

Post by ZacBrownBand »

Pendleton would have made a difference in the game no doubt, but whether or not West would have ended up winning is something that I couldn't possibly tell you. Both teams played very hard. The Valley defense really stepped up in the second half keeping them out of the endzone for that half. Great job to both of these teams, I look forward to seeing what both of these teams can do in the playoffs. And on another note, a three year starter on Valley's O-line was also injured in the game. From what I have heard he tore something in his knee and will need surgery. I believe it was Tye Johnson but I'm not for sure, but keep both him and Pendleton in your prayers.

Black@Orange
Freshman Team

Post by Black@Orange »

Was Tye Johnson's injury season ending? I hope not. I know Trevon wasn't ready for his H.S. career to be over. I've known him a long time, and you will not meet a better young man. All these people who get on here and argue about who's the best back, qb, or whatever. Need to realize these are just kids, and many of them friends. Why can't Hale, Shank, and Trevon, all be great running backs. You always can't go by numbers either. Kids play in different systems, and play different schedules. As adults we should sit back and just enjoy friday night football. And let the young men fight it out on the field.

I would like to thank both the players from Valley and West. For putting on forth such a great effort by each team. The last 2 weeks I have watched 2 great games. This one and West vs. Minford. Its a shame we have to have losers and winners some times. And games like these past 2, I don't think we have any losers! We are really lucky to have the quality of football in the S.O.C. II this year.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Black@Orange wrote:Was Tye Johnson's injury season ending? I hope not. I know Trevon wasn't ready for his H.S. career to be over. I've known him a long time, and you will not meet a better young man. All these people who get on here and argue about who's the best back, qb, or whatever. Need to realize these are just kids, and many of them friends. Why can't Hale, Shank, and Trevon, all be great running backs. You always can't go by numbers either. Kids play in different systems, and play different schedules. As adults we should sit back and just enjoy friday night football. And let the young men fight it out on the field.

I would like to thank both the players from Valley and West. For putting on forth such a great effort by each team. The last 2 weeks I have watched 2 great games. This one and West vs. Minford. Its a shame we have to have losers and winners some times. And games like these past 2, I don't think we have any losers! We are really lucky to have the quality of football in the S.O.C. II this year.

Good post.

I had the privilage to watch Ironton last night and they have a great stable of backs. It was great to watch a game and not have a dog in the fight.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Didnt realize since Valley came into SOC2 they are 3-2 vs West. Amazing. Good series unfolding here!!

Curious George
Riding the Bench

Post by Curious George »

Black@Orange wrote:Was Tye Johnson's injury season ending? I hope not. I know Trevon wasn't ready for his H.S. career to be over. I've known him a long time, and you will not meet a better young man. All these people who get on here and argue about who's the best back, qb, or whatever. Need to realize these are just kids, and many of them friends. Why can't Hale, Shank, and Trevon, all be great running backs. You always can't go by numbers either. Kids play in different systems, and play different schedules. As adults we should sit back and just enjoy friday night football. And let the young men fight it out on the field.

Thank you so much for your post!! That was a top notch post and I really hope more people feel the same way. I suspect that the majority of us who post on this site do feel the same way, but it's just a really good feeling to read something as well put as this. I would like to second your "thank you" to the kids from West and Valley for last night's game. It was a very exciting game to watch between two teams who refused to quit competing throughout the entire football game!!!! I hope the parents of all of these kids are as proud of them as we, the fans who were entertained by them, are!!!

Best of luck the rest of the way to both teams!!! I hope I get to watch you both play in Week 11 and hopefully beyond!!!!

Also, hats off to the SOC II this year!!! I'm proud to be a fan of this league!!!!

ZacBrownBand
Varsity

Post by ZacBrownBand »

Black@Orange wrote:Was Tye Johnson's injury season ending? I hope not.

Yea I believe that Tye has put on his pads for the last time :122247

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

It's late, but I wanted to congradulate Valley on a well played game friday. They are a fine team. After seeing Trevon get hurt, I just didn't want to look at football for a couple days.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

siderman wrote:It's late, but I wanted to congradulate Valley on a well played game friday. They are a fine team. After seeing Trevon get hurt, I just didn't want to look at football for a couple days.
Thats understandable, and thanks for the congrats...

Prayers for Mr. Pendleton

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Good Luck to Valley the rest of the year!!! Very good group of youngsters. We'll be watching in the playoffs. Yates and Alex can flat out play.

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

One of the best posts, I've seen all year. Thank You

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

ZacBrownBand wrote:
Black@Orange wrote:Was Tye Johnson's injury season ending? I hope not.

Yea I believe that Tye has put on his pads for the last time :122247

As Lee Corso would say, "not so fast my friend". Got word yesterday from a family friend, that he may be back sometime this year.

gunit
Freshman Team

Post by gunit »

Good Posts about the game being a good game.... Also, I want to congratulate both teams on a CLEANLY played game. I have been hearing for years on here how the West players play out of control or dirty. As a neutral observer I did not see any of that last Friday.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

nice post black&orange. very classy. Life sure isn't fair, just tragic to watch that kid get hauled away , knowing it was a severe inj of some kind . MD

Return to “Football”