D5 R19 #8 Coal Grove (8-2) @ #1 Oak Hill (9-1)

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Deathcluth2010
Freshman Team

Re: D5 R19 #8 Coal Grove (8-2) @ #1 Oak Hill (9-1)

Post by Deathcluth2010 »

tigercannon71 wrote:Didnt the two ADs get together and try to get this game for this year and the Oak Hill coaches said no. I think its funny though as soon as a team has a good season they start comparing themselves to Ironton and saying they would beat them.

Anyway back to the game comments.
This year is the only year oak hill would ever compete with ironton and ironton wanted a home game and so did oak Jill so they didn't play

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Deathcluth2010 wrote:
tigercannon71 wrote:Didnt the two ADs get together and try to get this game for this year and the Oak Hill coaches said no. I think its funny though as soon as a team has a good season they start comparing themselves to Ironton and saying they would beat them.

Anyway back to the game comments.
This year is the only year oak hill would ever compete with ironton and ironton wanted a home game and so did oak Jill so they didn't play

When you want a piece of the champ you gotta come to his house.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Oak Hill would not beat Ironton this year. The difference is up front. Oak Hill's lines are not on the same level as Ironton. The Oaks MIGHT be able to burn Ironton with a deep ball or two, but they would not stop the power running game of Ironton and there would be a major difference in time of possesion. Ashland does pretty much the same stuff as Oak Hill only they have a more mobile QB and Ironton showed what happens when finess meets physicality. Don't get me wrong, Oak Hill has some great players, but they are very thin depth wise. The Oaks couldn't take that kind of battering for 4 quarters. Looking at their roster, they'll lose about a third of the their team next year and they'll fall very far. It's do or die for them this year. Won't be another year like this for a long time in Oak country.

Matt52
JV Team

Post by Matt52 »

you oak hill fans geez, in 87 coal grove had a good team played ironton and lost 38-16. you oak hill fans have 2 good season and go absoolutly crazy after river valley leaves the ovc rejoin so coal grove can kick your butts every year again

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I would like to see Oak Hill back in the OVC, but at the same time they aren't far from being D6 either and the football team will likely be way down for at least a few years...

Deathcluth2010
Freshman Team

Post by Deathcluth2010 »

Oak hill will be down next year

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Sometimes it isn't all about the schedule.
Sometimes it is the talent the speed and the coaching.
Some teams are just better and that is where a good coach comes in and has the plays to confuse and slow down the other team Coal Grove just didn't have that.
Don't mean Coal Grove didn't have a good year they did I do not thing strength of schedule had anything to do about it this year.
Just what I think not wanting anyone to get upset about it.

The Big E
Waterboy

Post by The Big E »

If I'm not mistaken, this Oak Hill team was the same Little Leauge Football team that drove up in Daddy's cars to play Coal Grove, with full beards!

pigskinguru
Freshman Team

Post by pigskinguru »

Matt52 wrote:you oak hill fans geez, in 87 coal grove had a good team played ironton and lost 38-16. you oak hill fans have 2 good season and go absolutely crazy after river valley leaves the ovc rejoin so coal grove can kick your butts every year again
Now, Now... Mattie52... every year?............................except for the last 3 times we've played, right? Those weren't very close. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Sometimes the bully doesn't like to get hit. Oak Hill will go through some tough times ahead no doubt, just like you did before Lucas came back...but it is not like the rest of the OVC has been doing much lately either... except for the Peake who won the league this year over you guys , I believe.

footballcrazy
Riding the Bench

Post by footballcrazy »

#1 CG had no edge pressure at all against a team they is primarely an edge team? so go figure the defense that CG was running. They had 10 defensive players inside the ends and covered man in the secondary, it was like taking candy from a baby, so whoever their D Coor. is doesnt know much and I'm just a fan and an observer. The whole D scheme was like a lost ball in high weeds plus they didnt even make an adjustment after half. Our #56 who one of the best linemen in the area was coming down the line on CG"s trap and stretch away and making the play everytime, CG was blocking up to backer and under estimated his speed as a D linemen. Didnt make any adjustment there either like a back block. Cg in the past ran north and did a pretty good job but didnt give it to the FB like I thought they would. if I can see these things as a fan then why cant the coach? Where is that little bald guy who use to coach there defense back in the 80's and 90's their defense scheme was much better then. Go Oaks!! Pound the Falcons!!!

hornet8088
Freshman Team

Post by hornet8088 »

oak hill has a good team this year and last year you have a great class but if you played ironton you would lose the game. i have nothing against the oaks you beat us the last 2 years but ironton would beat you. i hope you all win sat and burg wins i think that would be a great rematch i think you will beat minford by 14 but if you play burg again its would be a awsome game.

Return to “Football”