S

Re: Regional Final- Region 19 Oak Hill vs. Fredericktown

Post by vladimir »

^ lol nice edit there Incognito

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Cannot turn the ball over against good teams, other than that I thought Oak Hill played with these guys. Good season OAKS, nothing to be ashamed about tonight you had your chances to win the region.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

sounds like that was a great game. i'm so proud of the oaks , and tigers. you all had great years. sounds like that was an awesome game. nothing to hang heads over. southeast ohio played some awesome football this year, and the soc , was a blast to follow this year.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

MightyOaksFan wrote:
Browns78 wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Great season and an awesome job in the game tonight against the Freddies. Take away the INT's and Oak Hill just might have won this game. I saw a comment on an earlier post that said every time the Oaks made a big play it was called back for a penalty. Same thing happened to the Burg and it killed a few drives.

Way to represent southern Ohio!!
Yes, I think there is no Doubt that we were tougher and more well rounded team. Yes the Int's never help matters. Whomever is the Special teams coach is , I would really like to know your reasoning for the short kick to the 40 yard line every dam time?

you obviously didn't watch all of our games this year and our kick coverage. kicking to the 40 was the best thing for us to do or they would have started on our 40 or worse every time.

I think Jesse had 4 interceptions, but I only think 2 of them were costly. The one in the first half win we were close to scoring was big and the one at the end of the game cause it ended it. The other two were at times that were on 3rd or 4th down situations with big yardage. They ended up being as good as a punt with no return.

What hurt was yes the penalties, but more than that was the poor tackling. How many times on their big plays did we have them tackled for a loss just to have them break out of the arm tackles and scamper 40+ yards.

Also, I don't know if that is how Fredericktown usually plays, but some of the stuff they did tonight was despicable. They were bigger, stronger, faster and probably a better team overal, but lack majorly in the sportsmanship and moral department.

Great Season Oaks, there will never be another team like you!

Great post.

I have seen Oak Hill 3 times this year, and they typically tackle well.

I will also agree that Fredericktown had a couple of kids that should have been ejected for throwing punches. They seemed like a cheap shotting team.

Regardless, Oak Hill had their best year ever on the field and represented Southern Ohio well.

bilco 2
Freshman Team

Post by bilco 2 »

this was the worst crew of officials i've seen, and your right jhs4ever that guy throws a mean right, with the ref standing right beside him. the same ref that called an interseption in the inzone, when the kid shoved the reciever out of bounds and caught the ball. he had to see it, he dropped his hat to mark the spot.but no flag.

4theKids
Freshman Team

Post by 4theKids »

4the kids. Saw plenty on the field and on the camera screen. Terrible NO calls against the freddie lightweight team ! Lol. Although not real funny the things done durning and after we were tackled.
Headshots, gouging, scratching and twisting ----just a few worth mentioning

Great season "4theseKids"
love ya all

Soho
Waterboy

Post by Soho »

No doubt The Freddies play dirty and "unclassy". Their fans are the same. I warned you and got scolded.

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

If I were coach Phillips I would turn the game film into the OHSAA, not because the Oaks lost. Just to prove a point on how the Freddies were taking cheap shots and how Shi--y the Officials were. The Freddies will get their butts beat this week, take it to the bank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cheap shotting catches up with you sooner or later. The Oaks fans knew how many bad calls were made and Phillips pleaded his case and was counting on his hands how many times they shafted the Oaks and the Officials just ignored him. To the Oaks players: you had one heck of a run this year and you have nothing to feel bad about. When you play good clean football and Adults (Officials) are too stupid to calll a fair game. Roundball time now. Let's go to the State again. All of Jackson County is proud of what you have done!!!!!!!!!!!!

justanobody2
Waterboy

Post by justanobody2 »

It always amazes me the way that adults handle the end of a young man's season. They very easily can find a way to point the finger of blame. In the end, it was the play of these young men that decided the outcome.

I sat in the stands, with no affiliation to either team, and watched one of the BEST high school football games that I have ever seen. It reminded me of a heavyweight boxing match from back in the day. Each team stood on the field, toe to toe, throwing knock out blows at one another, and neither team was backing down from the other.

Cheap shots??? (I saw them from both teams). Bad "No Calls"??? (I saw them for both teams at different times during the game). This game was decided by the lack of defense on the field, displayed by both teams (I saw only 1 punt the entire game) and the fact that the Freddie secondary made big drive stopping plays. These teams were as evenly matched as I have ever seen. It was battle of Wills and unfortunately both teams could not advance. I wish the young men of Oak Hill all the best and may they have good luck during the winter sports season. To Fredericktown, stay strong and focused and wish the same good luck to you during your next football game.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Looks like Fredricktown doesn't have to play Ursiline next, they play Coldwater instead. The OHSAA in it's infinte wisdom matched up Lima Cetral Catholic with Ursiline even though Lima and Coldwater are about 50 miles apart and both Ursiline and the Freddies are on the eastern side of the state. So let's make the fans travel much farther distance than they have to and spend more money on gas. Freakin' morons.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

dont surprise me any...

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Actually, that does surprise me because you are having a public school final and also a private school final. The winner of the best public school and the best private school play for the final. I think this is great!

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

great season oaks

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Vladimir wrote:Actually, that does surprise me because you are having a public school final and also a private school final. The winner of the best public school and the best private school play for the final. I think this is great!

The point is that when the economy is in the state it is and people just don't have the extra cash for things like this then why not let the teams that are close to each play close to home. Coldwater and Lima are around 50 miles apart and could have played somehwere in their area and not had to drive halfway across the state to play a game they could have played in their own backyard. Some of their fans may not be able to attend now because of this, but as usual the OHSAA doesn't give a rats arse about the fans. To them it's all about the almighty dollar so lets have the game in Columbus so we can have people that don't give a crap about who wins to the game and make some big bucks on the gate since it's $9 at the gate compared to $7 at the schools.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

What I think is great is how these private schools don't bring any fans, but still yet the OHSAA loves to see them there.

If the casual fan wouldn't go for a year and let them lose there butt because of no fans attending the game, maybe they would consider a public and private champion. When a DIV V team is being talked about being able to win in any division champhionship game, something needs to be done.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I'm a bigtime fan and since the increase in ticket prices the only playoff games I went to this season was the two Newark Catholic played in.

This week it goes up to ten bucks and for me it is not worth driving as far as I would have to, to watch two teams I do not follow much during the regualr season.

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

justanobody2 wrote: I sat in the stands, with no affiliation to either team, and watched one of the BEST high school football games that I have ever seen. It reminded me of a heavyweight boxing match from back in the day. Each team stood on the field, toe to toe, throwing knock out blows at one another, and neither team was backing down from the other.

......These teams were as evenly matched as I have ever seen. It was battle of Wills and unfortunately both teams could not advance. I wish the young men of Oak Hill all the best and may they have good luck during the winter sports season. To Fredericktown, stay strong and focused and wish the same good luck to you during your next football game.
Same here, that was fantastic game from the start. I'm a life-long Hamilton Township who has enjoyed our season, and I was doubly-blessed to watch a GREAT game last night with two GREAT teams. I didn't know a thing about either school, but I was impressed with both. Top-notch QB's, explosive running backs, fierce blocking and tackling, and two marching bands that played their hearts out.

Oak Hill, I'll be looking for you next year to play in this game again and take it to the state semi-finals.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

Keep looking, because Oak Hill loses a ton of seniors. It will be hard pressed for them to make it to the playoffs next year.

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

I'll still think good thoughts for them in 2011. Never say die.

UpOnTheHill
Freshman Team

Post by UpOnTheHill »

Had alot of people ask if I got the play where Westen got injured on film because they wanted to see it, so here is a link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StaxXfgkMHc

Return to “Football”