STATE SEMI'S: Athens (13-0) vs ASVSM (11-2)

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Re: STATE SEMI'S: Athens (13-0) vs ASVSM (11-2)

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

One thing's for sure. No one can complain about seating next week. Haha. Go Bulldogs.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Wasn't as easy as most thought it would be,but the Doggies get the victory and advance to the ultimate game.That place didn't look like it had 8500 seats! Standing room was at a premium.Neat little venue nestled in a city park and the drive in it looked you you were driving on the field, but the parking was a high blood pressure moment :( Burrow was superman as always and the Luehrman brothers abused the little SVSM db's. Another tough team awaiting but anything can happen.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

maniac66 wrote:Sounds like ASVSM is a beast give a lot of ground but plays hard. Athens needs to focus Officiating is bad for both teams it sounds like it.

Seriously??????? Only 6 penalties called the entire game! 5 on St V and 1 on Athens, and you want to blame officials?

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

N4sir wrote:Power 105 crew quit crying about the officiating and call the game.

+1

Hell the one Athens penalty was declined!

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

bman wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:Poor Palicrap has cropped his pants and stroked out lmao!!!!
93Bulldog needs to go back to last year's threads and this year's threads and pull up some of Palicrap's most ridiculous jewels, especially the crap about Athens' lack of D1 players. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Palishit will not grace this thread.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Congrats Bulldogs. :aaaaa59

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Pol Pot wrote:
maniac66 wrote:Sounds like ASVSM is a beast give a lot of ground but plays hard. Athens needs to focus Officiating is bad for both teams it sounds like it.

Seriously??????? Only 6 penalties called the entire game! 5 on St V and 1 on Athens, and you want to blame officials?
I was listening to the game on the web and the announcers said a few penalties called should not have been and a few was missed that should have been.
I'm not blaming nothing on the officials I'm just glad Athens won the game.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

AAAAAAWWWWEEEEEESSSSSSSOOOOOOOMMMMMMMEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations Bulldogs. I think I can speak for all the Viking Nation in saying we are all very proud of our brothers in the TVC OHIO. Cant wait till Thursday. I'll be at the Shoe wearing VC attire rooting them DOGS on to a win.

GGGOOO. DDDOOOGGGSSS!!!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

sweet, way to go Athens bulldogs.

swohio
Waterboy

Post by swohio »

Awesome win by the Bulldogs!! Great to see fans from so many other local teams at the game supporting Athens! Hope they keep it up and head to Mt Vernon tonight to support the Tomcats! Wonder what happened to the updates from N4sir?? Was so quick to post the score and note that it was Akron on top but disappeared as soon as Athens took the lead! Way to shut up another hater! Roll Train Roll! Go Dogs!!

buckman
Freshman Team

Post by buckman »

Great job Bulldogs! Now get it done Tomcats!

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Congratulations to the Bulldogs on their big win and wish you the best in your upcoming title game. It can be done, you just have to believe. Now for the Trimble Tomcats to follow your lead.

drunkone
Riding the Bench

Post by drunkone »

bman wrote:
FIDO (Forget It Drive On) wrote:
Football fan wrote:This is posted on JJHuddle 2. Joe Burrow is Mr. Football: Said it last week. Say it again. Burrow led Athens to a 34-31 come-from-behind win over two-time defending state champion Akron SVSM by completing 33-of-44 passes for 340 yards and four TDs. For the season Burrow has 3,994 passing yards, 57 TDs and one INT. Yes. One.
That's an incredible stat in any league at any level of play...Congrats on the win and bring home the hardware!
And how many of those games did Burrow just play a half?
NONE! You cant run up the score on helpless opponents from the bench. Just ask my vikings.

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

Q2 0:33 1st & 10 â–º25 #10 Joey Burrow takes a knee. this is right off iscore.com Joe didn't play another down aginst vikings.

buckfever
Riding the Bench

Post by buckfever »

And how many of those games did Burrow just play a half?[/quote]

NONE! You cant run up the score on helpless opponents from the bench. Just ask my vikings.[/quote]
I am guessing you were not at the game supporting your vikings (D3 just like the bulldogs) or you would have known Joe took a knee before half time and play another down nor did the rest of the first string against your vikings. This Athens team is very talented and well coached. Coach Adams and staff have done a terrific job preparing them for there next opponent. I think he had to let his starters play at least a half to get them to where they are today, playing for the state title. Actually, I have to tip my hat to them to be able to do this when the starters only played a half a game in over half the games they played this season. They were not trying to belittle any opponent just preparing for the states. As a matter of fact, was talking to a Alexander (which has Joe's lone interception) fan after they played Athens and they said the starters for Athens were going to play a series in the second half when coach adams realized Alex had their second string in and he called a timeout and pulled his starters!!

With that being said I also love how the Athens County Schools and SEO have pulled together to show so much support for Athens and Trimble. GET THEM TONIGHT TOMCATS....FOLLOW ATHENS TO THE SHOE!! BELIEVE

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

DRUNKONE

Your an idiot!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Pol Pot wrote:

Off the top of my head, athens had 6 or 7 pentalies. I thought they did a good job being fair. St V shouldn't have chanted overrated. Woke Athens up. Burrow picked them apart in the second half

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

I'm surprised no one has started a state final theme............Athens vs Toledo CC

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

teach1coach2 wrote:I'm surprised no one has started a state final theme............Athens vs Toledo CC
DONE!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens has now defeated 3 of ohio's football powers. I wouldn't be surprised if St v goes 15-0 next year.

Return to “Football”