State Semi Finals Kirtland 44 Nelsonville-York 0

teach1coach2
All State

Re: Kirtland vs. Nelsonville-York (44-0) DVI State Semi-Final

Post by teach1coach2 »

Congrats to NY on the run to the state final 4.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

How many rushing yards did the winners have?

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

That's a lot.

OSU22
Varsity

Re: State Semi Finals Kirtland 44 Nelsonville-York 0

Post by OSU22 »

Ny was very physical through the playoffs and were met by an even more physical team last night. 2 kids left the game with concussions. Hope both those players are ok, scary with what can happen now a days. Anyway, Kirtland was every bit as good as they were advertised. NY played one hell of a season and should be proud. There were times in the first half where I saw glimpses of light and had some solid drives. Turnovers and turnover on downs didn't help. Kirtlands ground game wore down the Bucks defense. It was a fantastic year to be a Buckeye and I hope these underclass men see what they can accomplish if they work hard and get in the weight room. We lose every receiver we have except the tailback and have to replace our QB and FB as well, and even more on the defensive side. I look to see 3 Wilburn, 4 Seel and 70 McCollister do some great things next year as they return to lead the Team to hopefully another TVC title! Great season Buckeyes!

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Very very proud of my buckeyes.. great season. Sad to see the seniors go they faced a lot of adversity this year, but with that being said I’m excited to see what these underclassman are going to accomplish. Time to keep the tradition going, get in the weight room, and all eyes on Trimble. Go bucks!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE MIGHTY NELSONVILLE YORK ON AN AMAZING SEASON OF FOOTBALL. YOU REPRESENTED YOUR LEAGUE AND OUR PART OF THE STATE WITH AND UNDEFEATED REGULAR SEASON, WON YOUR LEAGUE, AND MADE A FINAL 4 APPEARANCE. THAT'S AN AWESOME ACHIEVMENT.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Congrats on a great season NY. Hope the core of your team is intact for next year and ready for another run.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Kirtland as I said was a whole different monster then anything Nelsonville had seen.

Congrats on your outstanding season.

You guys played your guts out all season and as anyone can see,especially on here, you have the love and respect from your fans.

If you take anything away from this game, I would say never forget how you felt once this one was over and work even harder this off season, so that you do not feel that away again.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Good job this season N/Y reload and get them next year. Physical lines made the difference!

tomcat82
Freshman Team

Post by tomcat82 »

NY has nothing to be ashamed of. As always they will be a contender.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Kirkland don't make many mistakes. .
Ny way outmatched all across the board..
Ny had a great season.
Nobody else in seohio would have done any better against them..maybe burg. .

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Kirtland is tough. Making it that far is tougher. Nice job NY

Amarranavajas
Freshman Team

Re: Kirtland vs. Nelsonville-York DVI State Semi-Final

Post by Amarranavajas »

greygoose wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:41 pm
Amarranavajas wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:05 pm
fireball wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:56 pm Kirtland defense in playoffs giving up 16 a game ny defense 9 so which one is better
Kirtland can't stop NY. Too many weapons, and can run and pass equally well and speed everywhere. No way they've seen speed like what they'll get Friday. Plus everyone is picking them so they are probably sleeping on this one. If not, this will be a nightmare week of prep for them. I can see a tOSU v. Iowa outcome if they sleep all week.
WAY WRONG.
Obviously my post was made tongue-in-cheek based on comments from NY fans about how much speed NY has and how great the play calling is. In reality, this is what happens when a team that has had more talent than all their opponents throughout the season meets up with a team that can match them talent wise. They panicked, and Kirtland took advantage of that and gave Paladin a chance to gloat about a "mercy rule game."

moonshine
SEO

Re: Kirtland vs. Nelsonville-York DVI State Semi-Final

Post by moonshine »

moonshine wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:20 am Beware! Nelsonville-York is running into a different type of Animal! If they can hang around within 3-7 points in the 4th quarter They might have a chance. The key to this game will be how well N-Y O-line can handle the might Kirtland's D-Line. That the key to this game! :mrgreen:

And in the end:

Kirtland 35

N-Y 17
No way did I think Kirtland Defense would shut out N/Y :mrgreen:

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

I'm wondering why Nelsonville TV did not show the game. I sat on the Kirtland side, but could have sworn I saw the TV crew. Did they not do the game, or are they just not playing it? Raider do you have any info on this?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

:idea:
Binary wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:12 pm I'm wondering why Nelsonville TV did not show the game. I sat on the Kirtland side, but could have sworn I saw the TV crew. Did they not do the game, or are they just not playing it? Raider do you have any info on this?
They didn't do the game.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:33 pm :idea:
Binary wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:12 pm I'm wondering why Nelsonville TV did not show the game. I sat on the Kirtland side, but could have sworn I saw the TV crew. Did they not do the game, or are they just not playing it? Raider do you have any info on this?
They didn't do the game.
Okay, thanks. Are they not permitted to do semi final games anymore?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Binary wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:48 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:33 pm :idea:
They didn't do the game.
Okay, thanks. Are they not permitted to do semi final games anymore?
I'm not sure to be honest. I would assume they aren't allowed because Spectrum was doing the game.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Spectrum has exclusive rights to whatever games they want to air, and since they aired this game, Nelsonville TV Cable was not allowed to air it.

I think it's horse crap myself. This means that if NY were to play in and win a state championship game again, Nelsonville TV Cable could never air the game. Back before the OHSAA went corporate, Nelsonville TV Cable could air any game they wanted, thus to this day we still can watch the NY vs. Otsego state championship game from 1981.

They couldn't air the Trimble and Athens games a few years back either. It's a shame because it's not like Nelsonville TV Cable takes customers from Spectrum........they are in completely different areas. If you live in York Twp, Trimble Twp, Dover Twp or parts of Athens Twp, Nelsonville TV Cable is the only option for you and Spectrum doesn't cover that area.

Return to “Football”