OVC & SOC Merge Talk

Westfan
SEOP

Re: Portsmouth in S.O.C.?

Post by Westfan »

goUK wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:37 am
Beergogglebluez wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:03 am Portsmouth will not go to the SOC. As stated they are not the Trojans of old. They used to get beat by burg, hell northwest beat them a couple years ago, waverly beats them. They were close to the verge of D6. Silly to read. They are fine in the ovc. Every year this is 75 topics about a new conference. Travel wise it makes sense. Everywhere is close. Portsmouth basketball was destroyed by minford. I doubt they would of beat waverly, they beat burg. I like where they are now.
Its the same for them in the ovc i believe. Im not sure if they have won the ovc in anything in the 7 or so years they have been in. Did they win it in between the Chesapeake and Fairland basketball runs?
Portsmouth can compete very well in the SOCII.
They already play West and Valley in football.

Waverly is gonna dropoff in Basketball and Football starting next year.

Minford is decent in football. Good in baseball and Basketball. Would be like trading Fairland for them.

Would be like trading Ironton for Wheelersburg

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Westfan wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:58 am
Beergogglebluez wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:03 am Portsmouth will not go to the SOC. As stated they are not the Trojans of old. They used to get beat by burg, hell northwest beat them a couple years ago, waverly beats them. They were close to the verge of D6. Silly to read. They are fine in the ovc. Every year this is 75 topics about a new conference. Travel wise it makes sense. Everywhere is close. Portsmouth basketball was destroyed by minford. I doubt they would of beat waverly, they beat burg. I like where they are now.
Its the same for them in the ovc i believe. Im not sure if they have won the ovc in anything in the 7 or so years they have been in. Did they win it in between the Chesapeake and Fairland basketball runs?
Portsmouth can compete very well in the SOCII.
They already play West and Valley in football.

Waverly is gonna dropoff in Basketball and Football starting next year.

Minford is decent in football. Good in baseball and Basketball. Would be like trading Fairland for them.

Would be like trading Ironton for Wheelersburg
They would still play ironton. It’s the 2nd oldest rivalry in Ohio if not it’s up there. I heard valleys number are not far from d7.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Beergogglebluez
SE

I don’t think Portsmouth has ever won the OVC in basketball. I could be wrong about that.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

As long as Seops is on the air there will be topics of league realignment. Makes for good reading but most are far fetched

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

FIDO wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:05 pm As long as Seops is on the air there will be topics of league realignment. Makes for good reading but most are far fetched
It's the off-season past time.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Orange and Brown wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:39 pm
FIDO wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:05 pm As long as Seops is on the air there will be topics of league realignment. Makes for good reading but most are far fetched
Yeah, usually just a good topic to pass the offseason. But as far as the SOC goes, unless the bylaws are changed regarding expansion (supposedly unanimous approval required), I don't see Portsmouth/Ironton/Jackson/etc. ever being added.*

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Orange and Brown wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:39 pm
I'm good with it. I'm good with those trying to make hay out of a misspelled word ot name as well.

captain ensano
Waterboy

Post by captain ensano »

Talking about schools joining the SOC... Where would Rock Hill fit in with the SOC? I'm not familiar with their school size as to what conference they would go in, but they have nice facilities and aren't too far of a trip to go play a ballgame.

I was wondering about this also, say Portsmouth tries to get in the SOC.. Obviously it would be the SOC 2..Would it just be the A.D.'s of the SOC 2 schools voting, or all of the SOC voting?

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

captain ensano wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:47 pm Talking about schools joining the SOC... Where would Rock Hill fit in with the SOC? I'm not familiar with their school size as to what conference they would go in, but they have nice facilities and aren't too far of a trip to go play a ballgame.

I was wondering about this also, say Portsmouth tries to get in the SOC.. Obviously it would be the SOC 2..Would it just be the A.D.'s of the SOC 2 schools voting, or all of the SOC voting?
All schools, regardless of division, vote on membership.

Maybe a formal scheduling alliance (or outright merger) between the SOC and OVC would be the answer to competitive balance and travel costs.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

With so man schools in relatively a small area I'm surprised there hasn't be a bigger push to realign school districts and start the shuddering process.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Is ovc expanding?

I saw this on the OVC Facebook page…… The Ohio Valley (High School) Conference is looking at the possibility of expanding its number of member schools, with the hope of creating two divisions. New member schools would not enter the OVC until the 2024-2025 school year, as it is our hope to provide an adequate amount of time for the school(s) to prepare appropriately with its current situation (whatever that may be).

If your school would be interested in joining the Ohio Valley Conference, please submit a letter of interest to OVC President, Sam Gue, at sgue@rockhill.org, by May 1, 2022. If you have questions prior to submitting a letter, feel free to contact him. My question is what school would apply?

Beergogglebluez
SE

OVC just posted and I copied it to a topic that they are talking about expanding. Could this be the start of a SOC and ovc merger.

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: Is ovc expanding?

Post by Omega »

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Is the OVC just being preemptive in preparation for Ironton's eventual departure?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Omega wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:51 am Is the OVC just being preemptive in preparation for Ironton's eventual departure?
Where are they going?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Omega wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:51 am Is the OVC just being preemptive in preparation for Ironton's eventual departure?
Where are they going?

Beergogglebluez
SE

I’m not sure who else could be added.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Did see on the Twitter post that someone tagged Wellston City Schools.

kram
Varsity

Post by kram »

Oak Hill should entertain this

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

wobycat wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:37 am
Where are they going?
Good question Wob. I think Ironton staying in the OVC would be in the best interest of all sports for the Tigers, but I can see the football wanting out to enhance playoff potential by scheduling up. If that is the case, Itown would go the independent route.

Return to “Football”