WK 2 (1-0) Logan @ Pickerington North

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Re: WK 2 (1-0) Logan @ Pickerington North

Post by dazed&confused »

2-0 against Div 1 teams. That is the most important thing. I have worried about the running game for awhile too but it will have to develop as the season goes on. Frye's shoes are pretty big to fill. However, remember most of the projected starting O-line is on the sideline right now. I feel there is a good chance two of those guys will be back in a few weeks. They will have to get the rust out but when they do, it will help the running game. I think this game would've been a LOT more lopsided also if it was played on a dry field but that's just my opinion. And I can tell you that was a hurting and tired but proud Chieftain team that came off the field at almost 2:00 AM. Those who are worrying about the ground game-take a deep breath. This is Logan; the coaches will be working on that this week and in the weeks to come. I'd rather this team be peaking come October 31 anyway. THAT is a scary thought!

wrestler87
Freshman Team

Post by wrestler87 »

When do the linemen who were out look like they might return? Also, does anyone have an update on Neff? Is he playing next week? They said Morgan would be back next week, he was taken out as a precaution at PN. Maybe we should send these guys out in body armor!
I do know one thing, a few of those PN guys were HUGE! Our league can't throw anything at us in the athleticism department we haven't already seen. We sure did get lucky those big receivers didn't get a chance to catch the ball though, they were open!
Good luck next week. GO CHIEFS!!!

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Wrestler87 wrote:When do the linemen who were out look like they might return? Also, does anyone have an update on Neff? Is he playing next week? They said Morgan would be back next week, he was taken out as a precaution at PN. Maybe we should send these guys out in body armor!
I do know one thing, a few of those PN guys were HUGE! Our league can't throw anything at us in the athleticism department we haven't already seen. We sure did get lucky those big receivers didn't get a chance to catch the ball though, they were open!
Good luck next week. GO CHIEFS!!!

IF all goes well, I think you could see Andy and Schneider back for Gallia or Ironton. They may platoon at first, though IMO. I heard kind of preliminarily that Neff has a concussion and a neck sprain-three weeks (I'm not a doctor and this is not the team injury report).

ChiefCruiser95
Freshman Team

Post by ChiefCruiser95 »

Locos, I hope it didn't seem as though I was saying that Lancaster sucked. They definately don't as they proved last night beating what I had heard was a top team from DC. I meant that Football Friday Night sucks but that's a whole other dicussion. Hey the more Lancaster wins the more we win right.

I was bummed that I had to bail on the game at halftime but we just couldn't wait in the car anymore. IMO, Angle could be one of if not the best quarterbacks we've ever had. He's just so sharp and smart with the ball. Kind of reminds me of Joey Conrad except a lot more mobile which is scary. I thought Logan did a nice job of shutting down Pick North for the most part, especially the man child Alex Bayer. That guy was huge, somebody check his birth certificate.

I'm not too worried about the running game right now. Once the line is at full strength, it'll come around. And besides it's nice to see the Chiefs airing it out for a change. Well until next week at Hammy....GO CHIEFS!!!

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

dazed&confused wrote:2-0 against Div 1 teams. That is the most important thing. I have worried about the running game for awhile too but it will have to develop as the season goes on. Frye's shoes are pretty big to fill. However, remember most of the projected starting O-line is on the sideline right now. I feel there is a good chance two of those guys will be back in a few weeks. They will have to get the rust out but when they do, it will help the running game. I think this game would've been a LOT more lopsided also if it was played on a dry field but that's just my opinion. And I can tell you that was a hurting and tired but proud Chieftain team that came off the field at almost 2:00 AM. Those who are worrying about the ground game-take a deep breath. This is Logan; the coaches will be working on that this week and in the weeks to come. I'd rather this team be peaking come October 31 anyway. THAT is a scary thought!

dazed -

I don't want to sound like chicken little, we all should be, and I think are, extremely happy with the way things have started this fall. 2-0 against a pair of of Division 1 teams (and defending OCC champs at that), with a combined score of 70-24 is better than I would have ever hoped for.

But as Woody used to say, if you aren't getting better, you're getting worse. I think it's important to work on how you can get better.

I'm really looking at the BIG picture. Our offense is going to dominate in league play, and score a ton of points. But I'm looking forward to week 11 and later. We will need to have balance, and the kind of teams we will see in the playoffs will be stronger than Pick North on defense (they were playing two freshmen pretty consistently).

I realize we are (hopefully) going to be getting some guys back on front which will make us better. And I don't think our linemen should be haning their heads. It wasn't a great game. There may be a lot of reasons for that.

But I'm sure they know that we struggled to run the football, they don't need me or anyone else on a message board to tell them.

I also believe they'll get better, starting this week against Hamilton Township.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

ChiefCruiser95 wrote:Locos, I hope it didn't seem as though I was saying that Lancaster sucked. They definately don't as they proved last night beating what I had heard was a top team from DC. I meant that Football Friday Night sucks but that's a whole other dicussion. Hey the more Lancaster wins the more we win right.

'm not too worried about the running game right now. Once the line is at full strength, it'll come around. And besides it's nice to see the Chiefs airing it out for a change. Well until next week at Hammy....GO CHIEFS!!!

cruiser -

I did misunderstand what you said. I can see that you were talking about Football Friday Night now. In their defense, it was a CRAZY night in Central Ohio because of the weather.

ChiefCruiser95
Freshman Team

Post by ChiefCruiser95 »

It was pretty crazy there Locos. I thought we were gonna be ok until I felt that cool wind pickin up and the lightning started flashin behind the press box and I had a feeling we were in trouble. FFN was just kind of thrown together. It almost makes you think that they should have made Football Saturday Morning for one week. Aside from that, FFN has fallen off recently IMO. I'm not sure I can point to one thing but I guess it's better than nothing. If only we could get GG here in Columbus so I could watch coverage of teams I actually care about.

real irnman
Waterboy

Post by real irnman »

the seoal is looking great its greeat to be apart of that :122245

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

LoganLocos wrote:
dazed&confused wrote:2-0 against Div 1 teams. That is the most important thing. I have worried about the running game for awhile too but it will have to develop as the season goes on. Frye's shoes are pretty big to fill. However, remember most of the projected starting O-line is on the sideline right now. I feel there is a good chance two of those guys will be back in a few weeks. They will have to get the rust out but when they do, it will help the running game. I think this game would've been a LOT more lopsided also if it was played on a dry field but that's just my opinion. And I can tell you that was a hurting and tired but proud Chieftain team that came off the field at almost 2:00 AM. Those who are worrying about the ground game-take a deep breath. This is Logan; the coaches will be working on that this week and in the weeks to come. I'd rather this team be peaking come October 31 anyway. THAT is a scary thought!

dazed -

I don't want to sound like chicken little, we all should be, and I think are, extremely happy with the way things have started this fall. 2-0 against a pair of of Division 1 teams (and defending OCC champs at that), with a combined score of 70-24 is better than I would have ever hoped for.

But as Woody used to say, if you aren't getting better, you're getting worse. I think it's important to work on how you can get better.

I'm really looking at the BIG picture. Our offense is going to dominate in league play, and score a ton of points. But I'm looking forward to week 11 and later. We will need to have balance, and the kind of teams we will see in the playoffs will be stronger than Pick North on defense (they were playing two freshmen pretty consistently).

I realize we are (hopefully) going to be getting some guys back on front which will make us better. And I don't think our linemen should be haning their heads. It wasn't a great game. There may be a lot of reasons for that.

But I'm sure they know that we struggled to run the football, they don't need me or anyone else on a message board to tell them.

I also believe they'll get better, starting this week against Hamilton Township.

If we get those other linemen back, good! Even if we don't, these current guys are only going to get better. Tim King, especially as a sophmore, has a lot of heart and is doing a whale of a job on the line. The running game will get better as a result of more playing time and cohesiveness. I liked your quote from Woody. I think Dale is thinking that way, too. I also believe the old maxim that it is tough to get a team "up" for every game. I've heard it said you maybe can pump a team up for two or three games on emotion per season and week 11 would be a good time to see that hit for Logan. I also realize that the other team (every week from now) will be "up" for Logan. I was pleasantly surprised we did well following what was an extremely emotional win against Lancaster the week before. Still, I thought I saw some flatness in Logan's performance until they got punched in the mouth to start the second half. Go back to the 2000 team. There were some moments when they needed to pick it up a little. The main thing is we are winning against good opponents and there IS still room to improve.

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

I liked the way Logan responded FRiday night-Saturday morning, but there is still plenty of room for improvement. This team like all others in the state of Ohio is a work in progress. Befroe the chests of all posters get too sore remeber Gallia is 2-0 also.

rut151
Freshman Team

Post by rut151 »

I hope the Chieftans stay humble and keep up the intensity. It appear that they should win out and make a great showing in the playoffs. Great job!
GOOD LUCK THE REST OF THE SEASON!

Return to “Football”