SOC2: West 6-0 @ Minford 5-1

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

WestFan27
Freshman Team

Re: SOC2: West 6-0 @ Minford 5-1

Post by WestFan27 »

Does it matter if the catch was good or it was a strip?? No the game is over, West won dominating the trenches just not the scoreboard. I give Minford alot of credit. They got whipped all night and still had a chance to win. I agree with siderman, a close game is the best thing to happen to these boys.

MINFORD fans you guys need to lose with CLASS, other than 1 poster all of you are crybabies. You guys are getting as bad as Burg fans.

Everyone is now picking Burg to win the SOC, I honestly think it will come down to WEST and VALLEY. Both teams will beat burg
Last edited by WestFan27 on Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

WestFan27
Freshman Team

Post by WestFan27 »

siderman wrote:Some fans that I talked to this week agreed with me that Minford is now disliked more than Wheelersburg. Not for their feats on the field, but the pure arrogance of their fans with absolutely no history or reason to be that way. Just a bunch of Wheelersburg wannabees.

This statement is so true, Minford has had a few good years and they think they are the Buckeyes. Their fans cry more than Burg fans, now all they need is big house payments and new cars and they can change their names to the Minford Pirates

WestFan27
Freshman Team

Post by WestFan27 »

For anyone that has posted about Trevon not being D1 or the best back in the area. First off, he is a high school KID, he does not deserve to be trashed on a public forum by a bunch of adults. Second, I myself have to beleive the college scouts and Rivals.com know a little more about football than you idots. They don't rank a kid #2 in the nation for the hell of it. Everyone is entilted to their opinion, but no one should bash any KID EVER. I know there is alot of JEALOUS people in the world, but this KID has worked his butt off to get where his is. All you HATERS need to grow up and give a little RESPECT when it is due.

pigskinguru
Freshman Team

Post by pigskinguru »

Why can't West kick pat's? It is going to get them beat in a close game sooner or later.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Great job West. People get upset when they win big and gripe when they win a close game. They just won another game which is why they play the games. All of the trash talk and putting down West will not change the actual score of the game. Just as the what if this would have happened or not. Some are saying West was Lucky but having good luck is not a bad thing to have going for a team.
Now it is time to get ready for the next weeks game for both teams. enjoy

OST
Freshman Team

Post by OST »

ManitouDan wrote:one thing for the fans to act like fans --but the head dude saying we were in control the whole way ? in a game where a FG could have sent the game to OT ? what game was he watching ? maybe he better let the assist's do radio . MD
I agree completely. That was a dumb comment and wasn't true at all. If he is talking about the trenches then yes they did have control almost all of the game but they shot their selfs in the foot several times with dumb mistakes in the redzone. But for the final score being 21-24 Doesnt exactly click in my head of being dominant. Good game by both teams though it was the best game i've seen in awhile to be honest and even though we didn't make the FG at the end it was an exciting ending at the most. Good luck West as Valley is one hell of a ball club this year an should be another exciting game to watch. As for Minford you guys played great, deffinately proved the whole "Over-Rated" talk was just bs especially after 80% of the people called 42-0 blowouts and wasn't giving you guys a chance in the world after that Burg loss. Great game sucks we didn't get the W but season isn't over yet. Still have 3 more games and if you win out we're in the playoffs. As always, Proud to be a Falcon!

bad breath
Riding the Bench

Post by bad breath »

Wow! No love lost on these posts. Gonna be a lot more red necks on here today. Yeehaw. Go Alder.

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

pigskinguru wrote:Why can't West kick pat's? It is going to get them beat in a close game sooner or later.
Probably the same reason they did not punt, which almost bit them too. They better find one before playoff time or it will cost them. I was not impressed at all with West. I somewhat expected their line would be more dominate against Minford but they did not really show it until the opening drive of the 2nd half and even then West sputtered. I also was interested in seeing one of the "top backs in the nation" but was far from impressed there as well. Nothing in their offense impressed me (except for a couple of kids that stepped up and self-admittedly had the game of their careers) and I think once West faces a similar sized line that is just as strong, they will lose the battle up front.

The SOC II title will come down to the winner of West/Valley and Wheelersburg. Shankweiler is hands-down the best back in the area and will be the game changer in whoever Wheelersburg faces for the SOC II title.

Minford showed a lot of heart and grit and left it all on the field. If Minford plays like this the rest of the year they will win out and make the playoffs. Good Luck Falcons!

Westsider1993
JV Team

Post by Westsider1993 »

I am glad the game played out the way it did yesterday, with the exception of all the injuries. We needed to be tested and if having all those kids hurt on the sidelines in a hostile environment against a pretty solid football team that is desperate for a win isn't a test, I don't know what is? Everybody in the stands got their monies worth. I saw fire lastnight it has not been there as a team all year. We wanted to win. Minford brought their A game and West stuck together and got anothe "W". Congrats boys. Get healthy and get back to work for Valley.

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

Westsider1993 wrote:I am glad the game played out the way it did yesterday, with the exception of all the injuries. Get healthy and get back to work for Valley.
It was a hard hitting game on both sides and I suspect there are several kids that are very sore today. I hope all the kids are healthy for next week.

preps_fan1980
Freshman Team

Post by preps_fan1980 »

WestFan27 wrote:For anyone that has posted about Trevon not being D1 or the best back in the area. First off, he is a high school KID, he does not deserve to be trashed on a public forum by a bunch of adults. Second, I myself have to beleive the college scouts and Rivals.com know a little more about football than you idots. They don't rank a kid #2 in the nation for the hell of it. Everyone is entilted to their opinion, but no one should bash any KID EVER. I know there is alot of JEALOUS people in the world, but this KID has worked his butt off to get where his is. All you HATERS need to grow up and give a little RESPECT when it is due.
He's not number 2 in the nation. Go to rivals.com click on Trevon's name. He is the #2 ranked Fullback on the rivals.com site. It also shows that he is the 49th ranked Fullback in the State, and that he is not rated in the Nation. The kids great and a difference maker, this is nothing against him. If you are going to use numbers, get them right!

preps_fan1980
Freshman Team

Post by preps_fan1980 »

pigskinguru
Freshman Team

Post by pigskinguru »

preps_fan1980 wrote:
He's not number 2 in the nation. Go to rivals.com click on Trevon's name. He is the #2 ranked Fullback on the rivals.com site. It also shows that he is the 49th ranked Fullback in the State, and that he is not rated in the Nation. The kids great and a difference maker, this is nothing against him. If you are going to use numbers, get them right!
[/quote]

Ha! I might say the same to you. Better check your facts again. He is the 49th best player in the state according to Rivals and the 2nd overall Fb in the nation.

MuletownManiac
JV Team

Post by MuletownManiac »

Great game last night, unfortunate about the Pendelton kid, hate to see him injured and I think I can speak for the Minford fans, in that we wish him the best, and back to 100% soon. West has a good ball club, and I can tell why they are undefeated, as Minford couldn't stop them from running for first down after first down. I am also proud of our Minford team, they came out and showed grit and determination after last weeks loss, and gave themselves a chance at winning this game. West has another tough outing next week, and Minford will have a couple of weeks to lick their wounds, before the big showdown in Lucasville in week 10.

bash
Riding the Bench

Post by bash »

im not from west or minford but i'm just sick to see you idiots that bash these young men.pendleton is a young man that has put in more time then anyone.thats why scioto county gets a bad name cause of the idiots we have that get jealous of an athlete that may go to a d1 college and their kid isn't.I said awhile back that a friend of mine said pendleton didn't impress him much.He said he only had 148 yards rushing.I then just laughed and said"only"do you realize hes a junior and west is only 1 dimensional.Also,do you think your team is pretty good(they were 6-0 at the time).Those comments to me are lack of knowledgeof these people.shankweiller is another back that can flat out play.Its been that in the psat 15 to 20 years if your from wheelersburg and people make a statement about a player not very many can say much cause they have been the school that everyone wants to be like but when another school has a player that is spectacular,scioto county's finest wants to diminish that player.the same thing happened to roback.Hes not that good to go d1.Well for the correction,he was and still is that good.He wanted to play qb and he wasn't going to get that chance at nd.But coach kelley gave him a scholarship at the notre dame.But still our scioto county is bashing him for leaving to goto ohio university.Like i said,scioto county's finest.Mr.pendleton,and i know you will,don't listen to much to the haters they are ignorant and jealous,it's just that westside over the years have been the target of most cause of the stupidity that west has showed.It doesn't make it right but that isn't going to change until west shows some class in all their sports programs.I'm not tryin to bash west either cause i've always said that west has as much talent then any other school.Goodluck to all the schools and athletes.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

bash , I agree with everything you said, but remember ------ paragraphs are your friend ! MD

preps_fan1980
Freshman Team

Post by preps_fan1980 »

pigskinguru wrote:
preps_fan1980 wrote:

Ha! I might say the same to you. Better check your facts again. He is the 49th best player in the state according to Rivals and the 2nd overall Fb in the nation.[/quote]

I was just on the page...maybe I'm a bit confused, but there's a place that says "nationally ranked" underneath that section it says "not rated." Hey, maybe I'm reading it wrong.

bash
Riding the Bench

Post by bash »

my grammar is not my strong pointMD

28Buck
Freshman Team

Post by 28Buck »

Wow what a game sorry the Minford guys had to be on the losing end of this one they played their butt's off. Minford showed they are not a pushover, they stood toe to toe with a "steamroller" and almost took it down. Great game by both sides and a clean game. I hope Pendelton's injury isnt to serious but hip pointers are one of those nagging injuries that will stay with you for awhile. The other West backs stepped up in a big way and im glad to see that. Good job to the young men on the two teams for giving me my monies worth.

siderman wrote:Some fans that I talked to this week agreed with me that Minford is now disliked more than Wheelersburg. Not for their feats on the field, but the pure arrogance of their fans with absolutely no history or reason to be that way. Just a bunch of Wheelersburg wannabees.
Pot meet kettle? :roll:

DIDO
Freshman Team

Post by DIDO »

^^^Not really, me and my dog....we like our trailer in the woods.

Return to “Football”