Regional Final- Region 19 Oak Hill vs. Fredericktown

MightyOaksFan
SE

Re: Regional Final- Region 19 Oak Hill vs. Fredericktown

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Here is a what if question for you:

If oak hill would have scored in their last drive with under 2 minutes to go, would you have gone for 2, knowing that in overtime it would have been tough to stop the freddies

Browns78
Waterboy

Post by Browns78 »

MightyOaksFan wrote:Here is a what if question for you:

If oak hill would have scored in their last drive with under 2 minutes to go, would you have gone for 2, knowing that in overtime it would have been tough to stop the freddies

I was talking about that earlier. I would have went for 2!! no question!!

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Post by friday_nite_fan »

UpOnTheHill wrote:Had alot of people ask if I got the play where Westen got injured on film because they wanted to see it, so here is a link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StaxXfgkMHc
What was so dirty about the play???? The defender hit and wrapped him and took him to the ground. I hate to see that the RB was injured but I didn't see any dirty play involved....

HONESTABE
Waterboy

Post by HONESTABE »

once again a team from the north wins the region southeast football sucks

UpOnTheHill
Freshman Team

Post by UpOnTheHill »

It was not the tackle, it was when Westen was already down and the whistle had blown and the kid dug his feet into the ground to get leverage and twisted Westen's leg. You must be pretty f-ing blind if you can't see that.

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

friday_nite_fan wrote:
UpOnTheHill wrote:Had alot of people ask if I got the play where Westen got injured on film because they wanted to see it, so here is a link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StaxXfgkMHc
What was so dirty about the play???? The defender hit and wrapped him and took him to the ground. I hate to see that the RB was injured but I didn't see any dirty play involved....
i don't know what hale's injury was but if it was to his legs/ankles i would say that yes, that was a dirty play by #52. the play was over and they were on the ground and with a firm grip still on hale's legs/ankles, #52 made a quick roll and possibly caused injury to his legs or ankle.
in the film you can see OH #10 and #57 point to it and complain to the ref immediately.
i wouldn't however, go so far to say that FREDERICKTOWN was a dirty team but that was definitely at least a dirty attempt by an individual, #52, to inflict injury. IMO

gunit
Freshman Team

Post by gunit »

Did he go back in after that play??

UpOnTheHill
Freshman Team

Post by UpOnTheHill »

He did go back in the game several plays later,but the damage was already done. Found out today that he has a slight tear in his MCL.

gunit
Freshman Team

Post by gunit »

That is horrible

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

What a cheap play.

Fredericktown played dirty all night. #36 for them was pushing, shoving after the play was dead and even threw what looked to be a punch. It was pretty easy for everyone to see.

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

Watched the film. Clean hit & play. Theres a flag league you can join to play. That wasn't even a hard hit, as he wrapped up low on the legs and almost missed.

Must be something in the water down there. Poor sports and whiners & complainers. The region is becoming a disgrace to the rest of the state.

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

paldi you need to crawl back under your rock.... your the biggest whinner i have ever seen....but then you are very old and no one likes you...not even LOGAN.... STAY OUT OF SEO....SCUM

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

footballfanatic1 wrote:paldi you need to crawl back under your rock.... your the biggest whinner i have ever seen....but then you are very old and no one likes you...not even LOGAN.... STAY OUT OF SEO....SCUM
:aaaaa59 :aaaaa59 :aaaaa59 :aaaaa59 :aaaaa59 :aaaaa59 :aaaaa59 :aaaaa59 :aaaaa59

'93OAK
Waterboy

Post by '93OAK »

Congrats Oaks on a great season! Seniors it was a real pleasure watching you guys through out you high school careers, good luck in your futures and we will be supporting you in whatever you do...To the returning Oaks, keep up the hard work and can't wait to support you next year.

Big Freddie
Waterboy

Post by Big Freddie »

where were the dirty plays ? -- what a bunch of complainers - talk about poor sports - thats what we heard all night from the Oak Hill fans - booing excessively on every call against them - there was a lot of pentalies and each team had their share -tough loss - sorry Oak Hill you just didn't make enough plays

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I also witness a 50 something year old man on in the Oak Hill bleachers start mouthing a Oak Hill fan after one of the cheap shots. #36 I believe threw a jab when the play was over and the Oak Hill fan yelled "throw him out" and the big mouth toughguy from Fredericktown started on him. Very unclassy to sit on the other team's side and run your mouth and start fights.

I understand the visitors side bleachers werent that big, heck I wasnt impressed with much at that particular stadium. But it seemed like the Freddies fans were running their mouths and unclassy all night.

Anywho, good luck to the Freddies. Hopefully you can get to that championship game now that OHSAA rebracketed and you dont have to play Youngstown Universuline.

oak_a_holic
Freshman Team

Post by oak_a_holic »

Big Freddie wrote:where were the dirty plays ? -- what a bunch of complainers - talk about poor sports - thats what we heard all night from the Oak Hill fans - booing excessively on every call against them - there was a lot of pentalies and each team had their share -tough loss - sorry Oak Hill you just didn't make enough plays
Are you kidding me? Did you watch the game? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StaxXfgkMHc
Please, watch that and tell me that number 32 doesn't purposely do what he does.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

looks like the linebacker on play side never got blocked or even attempt to block him. i see a little twist but nothing flag worthy! you guys had a good season

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Like was said, nothing wrong at all with the tackle. It was text book tackle. He went low, wrapped the legs and brought down the runner.

Now, once he had him on the ground, the play was dead, the runner was down so therefore there is no reason for the defender to twist around like he did, to a player lying on the ground defenseless and not expecting it. Uncalled for!!!!!!!!!! It looked intentional and it looked violent. It was evident what the defender was trying to do.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I watched the film , looked cheap to me .

Return to “Football”