Week 10 The Pirates vs. The Senators

Westfan
SEOP

Re: Week 10 The Pirates vs. The Senators

Post by Westfan »

noles_fan wrote:
local superstar wrote:Yikes I would rather go to round ball than play Hartley. Practice all week to take a mauling. Nah.Just let Eastmoor take the mauling. :|
And you call yourself a West fan? You must have forgotten when West went to the finals they were a 8 seed that year too. I'm not saying we are going to the finals but I'm not saying we ain't either. There is a reason the games are played. Any week you could have a 8 beat a one or a 0-9 beat a 9-0. If you would rather get the round balls out instead of keep playing and taking a shot at the best team in the region, then evidently you never played the game. I've never meet anyone who has ever play this game(The greatest game ever played) who would not do anything to have played one more game.
One things for sure if things hadn't changed we wouldn't be debating whether we got blown out by burg (or Portsmouth, LU, or Valley) because we would've been slaughtered and we certainly wouldn't worry about Hartley or basketball.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

noles_fan wrote:
local superstar wrote:Yikes I would rather go to round ball than play Hartley. Practice all week to take a mauling. Nah.Just let Eastmoor take the mauling. :|
And you call yourself a West fan? You must have forgotten when West went to the finals they were a 8 seed that year too. I'm not saying we are going to the finals but I'm not saying we ain't either. There is a reason the games are played. Any week you could have a 8 beat a one or a 0-9 beat a 9-0. If you would rather get the round balls out instead of keep playing and taking a shot at the best team in the region, then evidently you never played the game. I've never meet anyone who has ever play this game(The greatest game ever played) who would not do anything to have played one more game.
We were a 7 seed the year we went to the finals Waverly was 8. They are not West fans just trouble makers.

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

Go West take it to Hartley.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

noles_fan wrote:
:122246 :roll: You just pick fights all the time? Go fight on the middle school threads with everyone like last year! 8) And get over yourself!

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

local superstar wrote:
noles_fan wrote:
:122246 :roll: You just pick fights all the time? Go fight on the middle school threads with everyone like last year! 8) And get over yourself!
Its not picking a fight its just calling you out for clearly never playing the game. You get on here making comments like and are suprised when people call you out.

ty10111
Waterboy

Post by ty10111 »

West had the Most Experienced Team in the league this year. That is why I thought they may be able to pull off an SOC crown and probably should have based on how many starters other teams lost. Good luck to West on possibly getting in the playoffs.[/quote]

I really don't think this is possible considering they only had 10 seniors on the team. I guarantee burg has nearly 20 seniors that have been in the playoffs their whole careers with weeks and weeks more practice and games in the same system with the same coaches. Saying west had the most experienced team is ridiculous.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Clearly you have not a clue. I played far longer than you.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

local superstar wrote:Clearly you have not a clue. I played far longer than you.
I'd take that bet! Like I said before anyone who ever played the game would do anything to play one more game.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

free safety wrote:Again I'm not talking wins or losses a few things this Burg fan noticed the boys played with heart to the end, where as before being down 20 points they would have been more worried about trash talking or fighting (the old west side was if we cant win the game we will win the fight), he cleaned up the sidelines I didn't see 15 or more so called coaches on the sidelines or about 10 little kids playing football behind the team getting in the way, now there is 4 or 5 coaches and that's it. Boys keeping there helmets on the whole game. Breaking the huddle hustling to the line or even on timeouts and end of quarters running to the sideline where as before their was a lot of walking etc...

Again this is no disrespect to the other staff from Sammons, Schaffer, and Triplet but it took an outSIDER to change the mind set of the boys, now if the PARENTS and fans will buy in to it the West Senators future looks bright
Nice, good comment!! And I agree the totality was a good disciplined west team. And I think Burg players will learn to be just as disciplined when they play the siders. It will all equal out.

Return to “Football”