Week 1: Ironton at Burg

Tristate all stars
Waterboy

Re: Week 1: Ironton at Burg

Post by Tristate all stars »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:03 am
SWHITE2002 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:00 am
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:07 pm

You’re right, I haven’t heard about them. I’m guessing they’re from the same family, is that true? What grades and positions do they play, if you know?
Is this for real?
Kinda like last year when a State Representatives' son leaves his family in Columbus and shows up in Ironton Ohio to kick?
Teams like this are making a mockery of High School Athletics.
And the thing is, if they were half the coaches they tell everyone they are they would just coach up the kids they have
Come on, you don’t come to Ironton from Missouri just to play High School football lol. Now, if you was moving to the area and wanted your kids to play for a top notch program, then Irontons a good choice.
It’s awful funny there’s a kid on this years roster that has the same name as a kid that played for Mize high school out of Mississippi last year guess he didn’t move here did he

Tommy Chong
Freshman Team

Post by Tommy Chong »

Tristate all stars wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:19 pm

Is this for real?
Kinda like last year when a State Representatives' son leaves his family in Columbus and shows up in Ironton Ohio to kick?
And the thing is, if they were half the coaches they tell everyone they are they would just coach up the kids they have
Come on, you don’t come to Ironton from Missouri just to play High School football lol. Now, if you was moving to the area and wanted your kids to play for a top notch program, then Irontons a good choice.
It’s awful funny there’s a kid on this years roster that has the same name as a kid that played for Mize high school out of Mississippi last year guess he didn’t move here did he

Didn’t the quarterback for Wheelersburg come from
Ashland? Doesn’t Wheelersburg have starters from
Portsmouth and West Portsmouth? Ironton just recruits better , keep your mouth shut.

Tristate all stars
Waterboy

Tommy Chong wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:31 pm

Portsmouth and West Portsmouth? Ironton just recruits better , keep your mouth shut.
Lol guess we will see come playoff time

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Is this for real?
I’m not saying there’s not a kid from Mississippi, just like I said, I’m pretty sure he didn’t move just to play Football. So, are you saying he moved here just to play Football at Ironton lol.

PS: have you seen film on him, is he pretty good? 😁

Go Fighting Tigers........
Last edited by ohbuckeye2 on Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Is this for real?

There’s actually two players listed on prospective IronTon roster frim Mize High School in MS.

There’s also a kid with the last name of MIZE on ironton roster.
However; if you click in his name on MaxPreps.com it changes to Austin LINN.
The two players listed on Ironton’s Roster this year & Mize High School last year are:

Jacques Keyes:
https://www.maxpreps.com/m/athlete/jaqu ... videos.htm

&

Angelo Washington:
https://www.maxpreps.com/m/athlete/ange ... videos.htm

We will know more tomorrow if any of it matters.!!!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:11 am

There’s actually two players listed on prospective IronTon roster frim Mize High School in MS.

There’s also a kid with the last name of MIZE on ironton roster.
However; if you click in his name on MaxPreps.com it changes to Austin LINN.
The two players listed on Ironton’s Roster this year & Mize High School last year are:

Jacques Keyes:
https://www.maxpreps.com/m/athlete/jaqu ... videos.htm

&

Angelo Washington:
https://www.maxpreps.com/m/athlete/ange ... videos.htm

We will know more tomorrow if any of it matters.!!!
They came for football. Everyone knows it.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

:ugeek:

They have one kid who transferred in from Ashland the QB. And I doubt he starts. They’ve got one kid that’s been here since junior high from west Portsmouth. So how about you keep your mouth shut. Ironton is recruiting. They are going for another state run. Everyone knows it.

Tommy Chong
Freshman Team

Post by Tommy Chong »

wobycat wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:00 am :ugeek:

They have one kid who transferred in from Ashland the QB. And I doubt he starts. They’ve got one kid that’s been here since junior high from west Portsmouth. So how about you keep your mouth shut. Ironton is recruiting. They are going for another state run. Everyone knows it.
Wheelersburg also has a starter from Portsmouth, don’t matter when they came . You have other schools talent. Quit kidding yourself.

Tristate all stars
Waterboy

Tommy Chong wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:04 am

Wheelersburg also has a starter from Portsmouth, don’t matter when they came . You have other schools talent. Quit kidding yourself.
Why don’t you quit kidding yourself and look and see where Ironton’s top players actually live at. If those kids actually went to school in the district they live no matter how long they have went to Ironton things would be a lot different. Then we would see how good the all mighty Arnton Tigers would be

Tommy Chong
Freshman Team

Post by Tommy Chong »

Tristate all stars wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:11 am

Why don’t you quit kidding yourself and look and see where Ironton’s top players actually live at. If those kids actually went to school in the district they live no matter how long they have went to Ironton things would be a lot different. Then we would see how good the all mighty Arnton Tigers would be
Same with Wheelersburg. Return all talent to their home school districts. Watch teams even out pretty quick.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

CP numbers

Ironton ————- 21
Wheelersburg- 21

Enough said!!

Tommy Chong
Freshman Team

Post by Tommy Chong »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:19 am

CP numbers

Ironton ————- 21
Wheelersburg- 21

Enough said!!
:lol:

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Tommy Chong wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:26 am

CP numbers

Ironton ————- 21
Wheelersburg- 21

Enough said!!
Again. Students who live outside the district, count for competitive balance and have since they have attended.

Comparing burg and ironton in this topic is apples to oranges. This is the second year in a row ironton has had more than two athletes that played for a high school the year before. Ironton fans would be better off admitting that and they are going for the state run.
Last edited by wobycat on Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Who is the starter and what position did he play at Portsmouth last year?

Tristate all stars
Waterboy

wobycat wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:46 am

CP numbers

Ironton ————- 21
Wheelersburg- 21

Enough said!!
Again. Students who live outside the district, count for competitive balance and have since they have attended.

Comparing burg and ironton in this topic is apples to oranges. This is the second year in a row ironton has had more than two athletes that played for a high school the year before. Ironton fans would be better off admitting that and they are going for the state run.
😂

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

I thought I saw a third kid on the roster from Ms.Im I wrong?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

artisgilmore wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:55 am I thought I saw a third kid on the roster from Ms.Im I wrong?
I heard three as well.

Tommy Chong
Freshman Team

Post by Tommy Chong »

CP numbers

Ironton ————- 21
Wheelersburg- 21

Enough said!!

Did the quarterback Wheelersburg recruited start at Ashland last year ?

Tristate all stars
Waterboy

artisgilmore wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:55 am I thought I saw a third kid on the roster from Ms.Im I wrong?
Numbers 13-24-25

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Tommy Chong wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:57 am

Did the quarterback Wheelersburg recruited start at Ashland last year ?
Lol. You’re misinformed. I was told The Ashland QB transferred because of fear of not having a season. He picked burg because he was dating a girl there. Again that’s what I heard. He was not recruited. He probably won’t even start. I saw him at the scrimmage. Isn’t winning the job.

Who’s the Portsmouth kid you were talking about?

Return to “Football”