2022 SOC1 & SOC2 Predictions

BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Re: 2022 SOC1 & SOC2 Predictions

Post by BillyBob21 »

RelaxGoat wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:04 pm
BillyBob21 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:29 pm Well Sparkes is strong tackle, pass protection is not that bad. Line play has not been bad either. Hart gained over 200 yards last week so line is doing their job. ND threw a interception deep in CIncinnati Hills territory, Fumbled deep in their territory and then a bogus illegal lineman downfield on a touchdown pass called back.. so the offense is rolling if ND can take care of the ball, which is the same discussion we were having last year… This years problem is the defense period!!! It’s weak so far!! Offense will be fine all year!
Yeah, few tweaks with Metzler on the line and Shepherd as the blocking back would help late in the game. Webb focusing on defense would help. Talent is there, but as always, coaching lacks.
Pressure up front on defense needs to happen.
Can’t get pressure up front when the opposing offensive line don’t have to double team cause the defensive tackles right now get blown 10 yards down the field on every play one on one. I know of a few kids that played last year on the defensive tackles that it took double teams to stop which opened up lanes linebackers but now they are getting picked up cause the defensive tackle play is weak… But nothing will change because they have a Valley film and a CHCA film that I am sure would clearly show what the issue is…

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

BillyBob21 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:16 pm
BillyBob21 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:29 pm Well Sparkes is strong tackle, pass protection is not that bad. Line play has not been bad either. Hart gained over 200 yards last week so line is doing their job. ND threw a interception deep in CIncinnati Hills territory, Fumbled deep in their territory and then a bogus illegal lineman downfield on a touchdown pass called back.. so the offense is rolling if ND can take care of the ball, which is the same discussion we were having last year… This years problem is the defense period!!! It’s weak so far!! Offense will be fine all year!
Yeah, few tweaks with Metzler on the line and Shepherd as the blocking back would help late in the game. Webb focusing on defense would help. Talent is there, but as always, coaching lacks.
Can’t get pressure up front when the opposing offensive line don’t have to double team cause the defensive tackles right now get blown 10 yards down the field on every play one on one. I know of a few kids that played last year on the defensive tackles that it took double teams to stop which opened up lanes linebackers but now they are getting picked up cause the defensive tackle play is weak… But nothing will change because they have a Valley film and a CHCA film that I am sure would clearly show what the issue is…
ND staff will move the dbs around to fix that line problem. Just wait and see.

BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Post by BillyBob21 »

RelaxGoat wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:25 pm

I really can’t argue with that statement at the moment.

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

BillyBob21 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:44 pm
RelaxGoat wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:25 pm
I really can’t argue with that statement at the moment.
After the game, please, add your input. You seem to be the only other person in this thread without bias towards Ashley.

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

All off the ND talk….they are 1-3 and at best will end the season .500.

"Come on Dave, give me a break" Ted Templeton UNCHAINED!

Return to “Football”