Has anything been done at River Valley?

Bfan
Waterboy

Re: Has anything been done at River Valley?

Post by Bfan »

So there should be no place for soccer in the USA mtswngkcht? I agree 100% with you. But we are not making the decision above. There must be someone pushing for it to drag the hiring of a football coach this long. This is going to put RV football behind 5 months when it could have be taken care of 5 months ago.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

bfan-I will not argue that point with you since I can not defend it. But it is interesting the way you put the last 4 letters of my user name. Just another example of what the new coach will be fighting and what the previous ones have faced.

Bfan
Waterboy

Post by Bfan »

I dont know what you mean? Is it that Southwestern and North Gallia carry South Gallia and River Valley(soon to be called North Gallia) athletics?

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

How many user names do you have? 8)

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

bfan wrote:I dont know what you mean? Is it that Southwestern and North Gallia carry South Gallia and River Valley(soon to be called North Gallia) athletics?

It seems to me more like nobody is "carrying" it. Isn't that what all of the complaining is about?

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

I think that the next board meeting is supposed to be held Monday the 19th.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Let go of the past and move foward.

rat
Freshman Team

Post by rat »

I would love to move forward if they would hire a coach.

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

Rat, Why do you have to wait until they hire a new coach to move forward, do you have kids involved and are going to have them transfer if the coach you want to get the job doesn't get it?

rat
Freshman Team

Post by rat »

They need to hire a coach so he can start putting in his system. Yes I do have someone involved, and if they hire someone with very little experience or some of the names I have heard thrown around I would definitely want them to transfer to somewhere I know they will be treated right and fair. I actually heard at one time they were going to interview someone who had been let go from coaching at another school. Now, if that is what we are hiring I think that is sad.

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

Regarding moving forward in the absence of a coach, there are presently at least four parents holding weight lifting three nights a week with practically no attendance, particularly upper classmen. It appears that the parents of the other players are waiting to see what the program can do for them rather than what they can do for the program.

RVHS and GCLS has shown that this is going to take some time for whatever reason. Dedicated volunteers are giving their time (at least one of which has no son involved) and the parents are choosing not to require their kids to participate. Sometimes you have to take matters into your own hands and move ahead regardless of the situation. The opportunity is there whether or not you choose to take advantage of it.

Last year's weightlifting program yielded big benefits although they may not have been evident on the scoreboard. At least the players were not on the sidelines sucking wind and having cramps stretched out of their legs every series. My advice is that you use your energies to support the players (even your own) rather than waste any more on the administration's actions. Whoever the new coach is, you can provide him with better raw stock by encouraging [u]your[u] kid to begin now rather than when the decision is made.

Even if they do transfer, the results will be the same. Support Ward, McAvena, Brown and the others in their efforts to move forward with the program.

rat
Freshman Team

Post by rat »

I know my son and other upper class players lift 4 days a week either right after school or at Rio, I think it is fine to bench 300 lbs but the most important thing is to get a base under you via box squats and power cleans. That is why I watched alot of 270-300+ lb. lifters get pushed around the field last year. Plus some of the negativity floating around from the so called volunteers (not all of them) about past coaches , I don't want many kids around that because that is just self serving and causes negativity toward the program. I think if people have or had problems with past coaches they should have at least had the respect to call a spade a spade and stand in front of them and discuss their problems, instead of going to admin. and complaining so they could say "I've heard this or that from the community" I'll tell you know bad mouthing people will get people nowhere, and if it does I want nothing to do with that system or program.
Last edited by rat on Thu May 15, 2008 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

rat wrote:

"the most important thing is to get a base under you via box squats and power cleans."

Very well put, rat.

You sound like a BIGGER, FASTER, STRONGER kind of guy. I know a couple of those guys... :shock:

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

rat wrote:

"I actually heard at one time they were going to interview someone who had been let go from coaching at another school."

The extension of that logic is would be that every coach who has ever been let go is crap and deserved to be let go.

Ken Loeffler, the basketball hall of fame coach once said,
"There are only two kinds of coaches -- those who have been fired, and those who will be fired."

rat
Freshman Team

Post by rat »

I'll take a hired coach who is lured away, or one who has resigned. Someone else can rehabilitate the fired ones. I think there are coaches there at RV that would do a fine job. I know they teach the kids football on top of being honest, hard working men. You can't go wrong there.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

and their production level is what :?: a whole new regime :idea:

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

The administration should look heavily to someone completely detached from the
previous 15 years of questionable coaching decisions.

They didn't hire a compitent coach to be the first at River Valley,
they tried to make up for that blunder by hiring the guy they should have
just after consolidation in Greg Deel.

They made a good decision when they brought in coach Triplet, and
it showed that bringing in and outside guy can make a team half way decent.
Any body remember River Valley being able to beat Logan and Gallia Academy?
I do, and it was Tripplet who brought that to the Raiders.

They couldn't keep him though, and made a coaching hire that would
see the Raiders go 0-40 over the next 4 years. So much for hiring a relative of the
President of the board.

It amazing how a team that returned many players from a n 0-10 year can instantly turn
it around and become a winning group in just one year.

I hope and pray that the powers that be will hire a guy that not only
brings in a system that the players can buy into, but also instills a since of
pride that has not been seen at that school since we all stormed the field one
cold Friday night in November of 1996.

seofan_via_dublin
RVHS Class of 97

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

The November night in 1996 that some folks keep referring to... was that a win against Gallia Academy?

How many players from that team are posting on this thread?

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

The November night in 1996 that some folks keep referring to... was that a win against Gallia Academy?

How many players from that team are posting on this thread?

Return to “Football”