Week 10: Nelsonville-York (9-0) at Athens (9-0)

Simple poll: Who wins the game?

Total votes: 0

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Re: Week 10: Nelsonville-York (9-0) at Athens (9-0)

Post by buckeyeguy »

If NY plays 4 qtrs of the football they have played like they have been in the 2nd half of all there games they will be fine but if they start off slow it could hurt them... GO BUCKS LETS GET THE O.C.D ROLLING

Tyler_Durden
Freshman Team

Post by Tyler_Durden »

I have two predictions:

If Athens loses.....
They get ridiculed and put down for being a larger school and not able to beat little Div. V Nelsonville.

If Athens wins.....
They get ridiculed and put down for doing something they are "supposed to do."

So either way, they lose on this forum. Regardless of whether or not they win the game, people like Heavy D and other haters will never give them credit. That's okay though. Like someone said earlier, I doubt that anyone from Athens really cares about a bunch of blowhards' sad and continual attempts to discredit the school, it's program and it's kids.

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

With both of these having a good defense theirs gonna be alot of passing so it might come down to who has the better QB and receivers.. like i siad before Dean might be the difference maker for NY tonight.. or whatever QB has the better game imo

Amarranavajas
Freshman Team

Post by Amarranavajas »

Fella's, as I have said before, this will be a snoozer by halftime. The Bucks will roll tonight. This is probably the best team NY has ever had, and is definitely the most complete. Yes I know 81 won the state. But this team passes a lot better than that one did, and has many more weapons. I plan on beating the rush out of the gates by mid way third quarter confident that the Bucks are 10-0 and ready for a deep run to the state finals.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ive got cold chills thinking about the excitement this game is gonna bring, I'm anxious and my stomach is even notted up - and heck - I'm not even playing! lol ... I can't immagine what these kids are going through right now - its so cool they get to experience such a great event first hand.

Good luck to both teams! We dfinitly don't want ANY injuries - after tonight we'll hopefully become allies as we represent the TVC-Ohio in week 11.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

Tyler_Durden wrote:I have two predictions:

If Athens loses.....
They get ridiculed and put down for being a larger school and not able to beat little Div. V Nelsonville.

If Athens wins.....

So either way, they lose on this forum. Regardless of whether or not they win the game, people like Heavy D and other haters will never give them credit. That's okay though. Like someone said earlier, I doubt that anyone from Athens really cares about a bunch of blowhards' sad and continual attempts to discredit the school, it's program and it's kids.
I can promise you one thing. If Athens loses I will not ridicule them, since I expect them to lose. From what I have been told the Nelsonville seniors have never lost to Athens at any level. I don't expect that to change tonight. The better coaching and better program goes to Nelsonville. If Athens upsets Nelsonville I will be shocked, and I will give them credit for doing so. They are not "supposed" to win this game, cause they have never beaten this group of players, and their coach has never beaten Nelsonville. It is just the poopy truth. :mrgreen:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Heavy D wrote:
Tyler_Durden wrote:I have two predictions:

If Athens loses.....

If Athens wins.....

I can promise you one thing. If Athens loses I will not ridicule them, since I expect them to lose. From what I have been told the Nelsonville seniors have never lost to Athens at any level. I don't expect that to change tonight. The better coaching and better program goes to Nelsonville. If Athens upsets Nelsonville I will be shocked, and I will give them credit for doing so. They are not "supposed" to win this game, cause they have never beaten this group of players, and their coach has never beaten Nelsonville. It is just the poopy truth. :mrgreen:
Seems like over the years Athens could pick up some new players with new instructors coming into the college. That would be different players playing against Nelson/York through the years.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:i know geographically it's a good fit, don't get me wrong. but size wise(ENROLLMENT) not so much.
It really irritates me that people only use this when it fits their story. Why doesn't anyone complain about VC when this argument comes up? Oh wait it's because they've fell on hard times as of late aren't stacking up wins and league title anymore and my guess is that when they turn things around people still won't ride them as hard as they do Athens. BTW Bait I guess little ole D4 Ironton never should have joined the SEOAL then because those games with D2 Warren and Marietta were unwinnable and the game with at the time D1 Logan man forget about even showing up for that one and save the fuel cost. Does school size matter? Yes to a degree but it definately isn't the only factor. If it were we could just look at enrollment numbers from now on and not bother to play the games, the team with the highest enrollment numbers wins. We could save tons of money on fuel and uniform costs not to mention upkeep and facilities.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Week 10 is here and a dream matchup has fallen right into our laps, we get to witness just one of five week 10 games featuring two 9-0 teams in the entire state. The only bad thing about this game is that one quality football team is going to lose tonight and go home disappointed and without a league title to show for one of their schools greatest seasons ever. I'd like to say that there are no losers in this game but that wouldn't be giving enough credit to which ever team manages to win this rare matchup, so I'll say both teams are full of winners. I really hope this game differs from most of these type of games that are hyped up to a degree that the game doesn't stand a chance to live up to the hype. As always I'm hoping for a well played injury free game from both teams. Good luck Bulldogs!

buckeye_nut
Waterboy

Post by buckeye_nut »

9-0 VS.9-0....................May the BEST team win!!!!.........NUF SAID!!!

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

The weather could become a factor now. Its raining pretty good on The Plains now.

Daniel Larusso
Varsity

Post by Daniel Larusso »

A-Town Big Dog wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:i know geographically it's a good fit, don't get me wrong. but size wise(ENROLLMENT) not so much.
It really irritates me that people only use this when it fits their story. Why doesn't anyone complain about VC when this argument comes up? Oh wait it's because they've fell on hard times as of late aren't stacking up wins and league title anymore and my guess is that when they turn things around people still won't ride them as hard as they do Athens. BTW Bait I guess little ole D4 Ironton never should have joined the SEOAL then because those games with D2 Warren and Marietta were unwinnable and the game with at the time D1 Logan man forget about even showing up for that one and save the fuel cost. Does school size matter? Yes to a degree but it definately isn't the only factor. If it were we could just look at enrollment numbers from now on and not bother to play the games, the team with the highest enrollment numbers wins. We could save tons of money on fuel and uniform costs not to mention upkeep and facilities.
Probably because Vinton County doesn't have a division 1 MAC school sitting in the middle of town. A luxury that no one else in southeastern Ohio has. :aaaaa46

Nelsonville will be the TVC champs in football this year. Athens will be the TVC champs in every other sport. It's not because they have an advantage though. They are just working harder than the other TVC teams. :aaaaa32

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

The last time NY traveled to Athens, I believe we spoiled a perfect season for them, just not in week 10.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

Athens does have good athletes, and sometimes size matters and sometimes they do not. Look at Logan now, they are down in almost all sports. They are the biggest in the SEOAL. Size does not always equal victory. Athens may not be the favorite in both basketball or even wrestling this year. VC in boys hoops, alex in girls hoops and NY in wrestling could very win the TVC Ohio.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

buckfan84 wrote:The last time NY traveled to Athens, I believe we spoiled a perfect season for them, just not in week 10.
We were their only loss that year. We ruined their chance at the playoff also that year. At least this year playoff status is not on line, only home games.

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

indianabuck wrote:
buckfan84 wrote:The last time NY traveled to Athens, I believe we spoiled a perfect season for them, just not in week 10.
We were their only loss that year. We ruined their chance at the playoff also that year. At least this year playoff status is not on line, only home games.

Are you from NY?

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

I have family members in Athens, NY, and Alex school districts. I was on the phone with one of my NY relatives when I typed that post.

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

I bet your NY family wouldn't be happy with you picking against the Buckeyes. :122248

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

Its not the first week Ive picked against them. Ive picked against them 4 times this year including this week. I knew they were good, I just felt at the time, like I do today that their oppoent was/is stronger.

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

Yeah, I've notice you've supported us, I mean them this season. I mean even though they I mean we beat them in 2009....Wait I'm confused. lol

Return to “Football”